Oriflame Lash Explosion Mascara- Review
I bought this mascara when it was introduced for the first time in catalogue which was around Diwali I think!!!
So I got this at almost half the original price minus my consultant discount, so the final price was around Rs. 180/- or something.
The regular price for this mascara is around Rs. 300/-.
Now coming back to the review!!
Here’s the Oriflame Lash Explosion Mascara.
It’s double ended mascara. It reminded me a lot of Colorbar Duo Mascara.
It has lengthening mascara on one side and a volumising one on the other.
Let’s consider both the mascaras individually:
In case of such mascaras, you are supposed to wear the length one first.
Step 1: The Lengthening mascara
• The brush for the length one looks like a brush we used in college to clean test tubes. 😛
• It does separate the lashes very well. But it directs them in all different directions.
• But there’s absolutely no lengthening effect.
• The mascara itself is an odd dark grey colour and very runny.
• It’s a little bit thicker than your liquid eye liner and works no better than that.
• It takes FOREVER to dry, of course as it is soooo runny.
• It is not waterproof.
• It does not clump. (As it’s sooo runny!!!!!)
Step 2: The Volumising mascara
• The brush is very thick and quite similar to Maybelline Colossal Volume Express brush.
• The product is thicker than the lengthening one and is jet black.
• But again, no volumising effect. None, whatsoever!!!
• It dries and sets quickly, but clumps like crazy.
• It does not hold curl. The lashes dry in totally different and random shape. (So much for my $16 eye lash curler!!!)
• This one too is not waterproof.
• My lashes look stiff and wiry after applying this.
Here’s me trying out the mascara.
• Applied the Length one. As you can see, the curl is already lost and my lashes look pointy and uneven.
Step 2: Volumising mascara:
• Applied the Volume one. It looks like I have never curled my lashes. The lashes look and feel spiky and brittle. They have clumped together, no definition whatsoever.
I cannot help myself from comparing this mascara with Colorbar Duo Mascara. Both are priced the same, at Rs. 300/-. Both have the same concept. Here are the differences though.
1. This one does nothing. Colorbar one lengthens and volumises.
2. This one gives a spiky and stiff look. The colorbar one gives me soft, pliable and dense lashes.
3. This one’s not waterproof. Colorbar Duo is waterproof.
4. This one spreads all over my face while washing. Colorbar one removes easily with oil/cleansing milk.
So if anybody of you has been tempted to buy this, please please get the Colorbar one instead. Or don’t get anything, but don’t get this!!!
My rating: :star: . (Only because I got this on discount and didn’t spend the entire Rs. 300/-).
Will I repurchase? : Are you kidding me????
Lots of love and caution,
Also Read :
Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara Review
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara Review
Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof Mascara Review
Mascara: How to Choose Mascara for Eyes
Lakme Nine to Five Intense Volume Mascara Review
MaxFactor Masterpiece Max Mascara Review
Mascara: Rimmel Extra Super Lash Waterproof Mascara Review
Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara Review