I have used Panasonic epilator in past, but had to buy a new one because of the voltage difference between USA and India. Since I tried Panasonic in the past, I decided to give Phillips a chance to see how efficient it is at hair removal. Below is my experience with it.
Help you legs stay silky smooth with the Philips Norelco Epilator HP6401/50 hair removal system. Unlike conventional shaving methods, the Philips Epilator removes hair from the root, so skin stays hair-free for longer. The profiled ergonomic handle offers comfortable handling and performance. The Philips Satinelle Epilator has an extra speed setting for faster hair removal. Use the Philips Norelco Epilator HP6401/50 when you want satiny smooth legs. The Philips Norelco Epilator HP6401/50 comes with a lithium ion battery.
My Take on Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6401:
This product has two speed settings and also comes with a protective cap to remove hair from sensitive areas such as arm pit or bikini line (for daring ones). It, however, sounds like a tiny lawn mower and blades appear a little scary, but all that is not existent once one starts using it and hair gets plucked out.
Why I Like This Product:
• It has nice body with user friendly ergonomics
• It has two speed settings and removes hair before one can even register the pain
• It has 21 hypoallergenic tweezers which grip hair and pull them out from the roots
• It has a protective cap as well which can be used while using epilator on sensitive areas
• It is very easy to clean and non messy to use
• It comes with a long cord and has to be plugged in when in use
• Less expensive compared to other epilators in the market
• Removal head is easy to clean
What I Don’t Like:
• Very noisy
• Does not remove hair from legs in one go – need to go over 2-3 times to remove tiny coarse hair
• The protective cap is kind of useless
• It does inflict pain, but is bearable for me
• Cannot be used on face
For legs and arms: keep it perpendicular to skin and move it against the direction of hair growth, at one of the two available speed settings (depending on one’s tolerance for pain). Go over 2 to 3 times to get a smoother finish and follow it with moisturizing lotion. For armpits and bikini line – put on the protective cap (which I personally don’t use) and follow the same procedure as mentioned above. For armpits one have to go both in upward and downward direction to remove hair.
Pros of Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6401:
• Good ergonomic grip
• Comes with a long cord
• Can be used both on legs and sensitive areas as well
• Not as expensive
• Comes with 2 years warranty
• Easy to clean
• Has protective cap for sensitive areas
• Has two settings
• Easily available
Cons of Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6401:
• Very noisy
• Should have had more number of tweezers
Would I Repurchase Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6401?
No, because I think it will last me a while. Others who seek a good budget epilator should give this product a try.
Philips HP8659 KeraShine Essential Care Air Straightener
Philips TRESemmé HP8190/07 Hair Dryer Review
Philips Salon Dry Active Ion Hair Dryer
Philips Satinelle Epilator Hp6400
Philips HP4671 Hair Styler
How to Exfoliate Your Skin After Using Epilators
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
Braun Face 810 – Mini Epilator and Cleansing Brush
How to use an Epilator – Experience and Tips