WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How will you describe beauty?
Ask this question to any beautiful women in the world and 99% the answer would be, “Beauty is skin deep, you have to be beautiful inside to look gorgeous from outside.”
Yeah right!… Aaaggghhh…. Why cant they just tell the truth we all know. Problems are skin deep beauty isn’t, it has and will always be on your face.
The list of skin problems seems endless to me wrinkles, acne, dark circles, uneven skin tone and blah blah blah…
Skin pigmentation or uneven skin tone as it is normally called is caused due to the increased production of melanin in our skin. Although it does not pose any threat to our physical health yet the mental health of some people suffering from it may get affected.
Causes of Skin Pigmentation:
Both external factors and internal factors contribute to the cause of uneven skin tone.
External factors include:
• Sun exposure
• Laser skin treatments
• Skin whitening creams
• Some medications
• Birth control pills
• Moles and warts
To have pigmentation anywhere on the body is sad but it becomes most unattractive when it is visible on face. From a distance pigmentation around mouth and chin gives an appearance of beard on a face of women.
Skin pigmentation at an early stage can be cured by following some home remedies but for severe cases of pigmentation cosmetic treatments prove beneficial.
•Chemical Peel: As the name suggest this procedure requires a chemical solution to remove the upper layer of the skin through gentle exfoliation which in turn improve the texture and appearance of the skin.
• Laser treatment: In this treatment the damaged skin is removed layer by layer using a carbondioxide laser resulting in lesser problems with hypopigmentation i.e. lightening of the skin. It is also called as laser peel or laser vaporization.
Some natural remedies:
• Boil some cumin seeds in water and wash your face with it afterwards. It is a great remedy for getting rid of pigmentation and even dark circles.
• Grind guava and banana together and apply the paste on face for sometime and then wash face with cold water.
• Soak lentil dal in water and then while grinding it add milk. Apply this paste to remove pigmentation.
• Allow orange peels to dry in shade for some days and then make there paste by grinding them with water. Apply this paste on face for 15 minutes and then wash face with cold water.
• Apply lemon juice on your face daily. Wait for 10 minutes and then wash your face with cold water. Avoid overdoing as it may dry out the skin.
• Cucumber juice when applied on face helps to remove pigmentation marks and pimples.
• Mix radish juice and curd. Apply it on face to get rid of pimples, acne and pigmentation marks.
To save yourself from the problem of pigmentation always remember to:
• Use a sunscreen before going out.
• Use a primer before applying makeup as certain cosmetic products also lead to pigmentation.
• Use a good foundation and concealer.
Image source: 1, 2, 3