I am totally into Revlon lipsticks these days and my craziness for lipsticks is increasing day by day. I didn’t even notice when I became a lipstick person from a gloss junkie. But, now I have more lippies than glosses. I don’t really step out for occasions without applying a swipe of lip colours. I recently reviewed the shade Supermodel and now I have the shade ‘Backstage’ for you guys. These names are really cute; I love them! Scroll more to know about this shade.
One-step, ultra-comfortable wear with all-day colour.
– Dries to a beautiful suede finish.
– Instantly moisturizing using a combination of Shea Butter, Vitamin E and Aloe.
– Applies evenly for full, creamy colour coverage. Lips feel smooth, conditioned and comfortable.
– Does not feather of bleed.
– 92% of women said feels lightweight, 95% said lips feel smooth, 95% said lips felt comfortable, 95% said colour doesn’t feather or bleed.
My Experience with Revlon Backstage Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
Revlon Colorstay range is one of the best ranges to try out for makeup junkies. I had heard a lot of people rave about this range, hence I thought why not add some shades to the vanity? I picked a lot of warm colour that would suit the upcoming Fall season because who doesn’t like being in sync with the trend? Initially, looking at the packaging and bullets, I thought the shades are pretty close to each other, but when I actually used them, I got to know the real colours. The lipstick comes in regular circular packaging which is very travel-friendly and easy to arrange in the vanity. The packaging resembles the shade which makes it very easy to spot your favourite one.
The bullet looks a little glossy, but the formula turns completely matte in a while. The shade Backstage is a very mature, elegant and sophisticated shade with a perfect blend of deep maroon and brown. The formula gives it a very velvety finish that adds to the look. It instantly creates a pop on my face and my skin tone definitely looks brighter. The shade can be used alone as well as paired up with smokey eyes to create more drama. It is a very versatile shade and will suit all skin tones. In fact, it complements the Indian skin tone perfectly. The lipstick glides very smoothly on the lips, but application has to be carefully done as the lipstick is soft enough to chip.
It contains micro shimmers in gold which were not visible on the lips in the variants, but sadly I could very well notice the ugly shimmers sparkling on my lips, but they soon go away. The lipstick turns super matte in like 5 minutes after application. It did not settle into the fine lines and the most surprising thing for me was that it did not transfer at all. I kissed the glasses, but couldn’t see a hint of the lip colour on the glass. My lips started to feel a little dry after 1 hour, but not very dry; it was pretty bearable.
The lipstick stayed on my lips as it is for more than 6 hours and it did survive full meals, snacks and also water sips. But, soon after 2 hours, the lipstick starts losing its intensity. The colour starts fading a bit, but very slowly. It still does stay on the lips for very long. It has to be removed with a very powerful makeup remover or oil based cleanser because a gentle one won’t work great to remove this. I think this is a perfect lipstick for winter and I am really impressed with this range.
Pros of Revlon Backstage Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
• A wide range of shades, good enough to confuse you because all are just gorgeous
• Very handy and the packaging matches the shade, hence easy to differentiate
• The formula is very light and glides easily on the lips
• The pigmentation is really good and bold; just one swipe gives me complete colour on my lips
• The shade is a very warm one with a blend of maroon and brown
• It will suit all the skin tones perfectly; in fact it will complement Indian skin tone a lot
• It brightens my face up
• It does not settle into fine lines and surprisingly even 1% of the lipstick does not transfer (I was shocked to see that, not even little)
• It stayed on my lips for more than 6 hours and survived complete meals, drinks and snacks
Cons of Revlon Backstage Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
• Dries up lips a bit, but it was bearable
• The bullet has to be handled with care because it chips a lot
• It has some gold shimmers which are visible on the lips
• The colour starts fading in like 2 hours (but very slowly)
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Revlon Backstage Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick?
Yes, totally! Fashion is changing as we are welcoming a new seasons- Fall/Winter, and I think this shade is perfect to go with the new trend. Looking forward to try more shades from this range. There is one tip I would give though, that go for bolder and brighter shades as they work better than the lighter ones.
Bold and dark lips are really in vogue these days, hence pick up some warm shades to rock this season!
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Couture
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Finale
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Designer
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede – Catwalk Review
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Front Row Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Cruise Collection
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Muse Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede-Womenswear 010 Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Socialite is A Long – Wearing Lipstick
Backstage Makeup Pictures of Bollywood Stars
Diana of London Light Buff Backstage Concealer
How to Lose Back Fat
Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base