By Zeba Kaunain
Today’s review is on Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Day Emulsion. This product actually comes in two variants: Day Emulsion and Night Emulsion. The day version has SPF 15 in it. So, let’s get started with the review.
Price and Quantity: $50for 75ml
• An age-defense, wrinkle-smoothing daytime moisturizer that helps protect skin from damage caused by external aging factors, including UV rays. The appearance of lines and wrinkles is dramatically reduced, while rich moisture is maintained all day long, even under dry conditions.
• WrinkleResist24, with Chlorella Extract, Mukurossi Extract and Gambir Extract helps prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
• Wrinkle-smoothing ingredients Super Bio-Hyaluronic Acid and Hydroxyproline help improve the look of wrinkles.
• For normal to combination skin.
• Helps protect skin against daytime dryness and UV damage.
To use: smooth over face each morning after cleansing and softening.
Water, Cyclomethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, SD Alcohol 40-B, Xylitol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Phosphate, Thiotaurine, Ginseng Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxyproline, Wild Thyme Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, PEG-150, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.
My Experience with Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Day Emulsion SPF 15:
Packaging: The packaging is probably the best thing about this product. Unlike the regular jar packaging, the Shiseido Day Emulsion comes in a beautiful rose gold cylindrical pump bottle. It is very hygienic and travel-friendly.
Texture: The texture of this day Emulsion is not thick but, it makes the skin greasy. You can wear it as long you aren’t applying any other product over else it will mess up with your makeup. I wish they had a higher SPF because SPF 15 isn’t that protective and I have to apply another layer of sunscreen over it.
Smell: It has a mild smell, which is not overpowering.
It is a wrinkle resist emulsion but, I don’t know how it works on resisting the wrinkles. As far as the moisturising part is concerned, it is excellent for dry skin and tends to get a little greasy on oily skin. The moisturising power stays for around 7-8 hours, which is great. Since it promises to firm the skin, I use it in my under eye areas to plump and tighten the skin over there. But, it is not very effective in firming my under eye skin. My mom uses this product religiously, in fact, she’s going to buy herself the third bottle now. It works well on her matured skin. However, it doesn’t magically reduce the wrinkles; I know no product does that, but we tend to expect great results from expensive products. This product does make my skin firm, plump and healthy. It takes time, though. Also, it imparts a fresh, healthy glow to my skin, which I love.
Pros of Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Day Emulsion SPF 15:
- Attractive packaging.
- Hydrates the skin well.
- A little goes a long way.
- Reasonable – I find people complaining about how pricey it is. But, I find it fair because of the quantity and its staying power.
Cons of Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Day Emulsion SPF 15:
- Low SPF.
- Makes skin greasy.
- Works well for matured skin only.
IMBB Rating: 4/5
Shiseido Bronzer Oil-Free
Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Balancing Softener
Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer
Beauty Formulas Anti-Wrinkle Eye Gel Patches
L’Oreal Paris Fall Resist 3X Anti-Dandruff Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo
Paula’s Choice Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment with 2% BHA
Forest Essentials Tejasvi Night Emulsion
Avene Eau Thermale Very High Protection Emulsion SPF 50+