You guys are not new to Shiseido – I reviewed Sublime from the new collection earlier on IMBB. Here is my review on another shade from the Perfect Rouge collection. I recently picked up a varied variety of products from Shiseido – makeup and skincare – yes, a Shiseido haul – they will be up for review soon on IMBB.
The Product Details (from the website):
Rich, vibrant color that envelops your lips with just one lustrous coat. The creamy texture with nurturing ingredients improves the lips’ condition with regular use.
• Specially sculpted shape and angle designed to create a beautiful finish with just one stroke.
• Color technology: Red Illuminating Pearl, adds strength and vividness that creates truly brilliant color definition, and the instant you apply it, vibrant color blooms on the lips.
Skincare Technology: The moisturizing effect lasts all day long with the help of Hyaluronic acid to hold moisture in, and Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE to lock it in. Lips look naturally smooth.
$25 in US / INR 1800.
Shiseido has tried to keep the packaging different, yet understated elegance and unique enough to be identifiable at first glance. The case has an octagonal or a flower like shape.The case is gunmetal grey – which I personally find so much more unique than boring blacks. It adds the extra touch of luxe without being obvious. The case comes packaged in a cardboard box. As is the case with all high-end brands, there is no indicator for color identification.
The name of the lipstick is not mentioned on the lippy or the cardboard box – only number is there – which is irritating coz I have a couple of these and can never remember the colours to numbers.The lipstick case has a nice heavy feel to it – consistent with high end products – atouch of luxury.
My experience with Shiseido – Perfect Rouge – PK417 Bubblegum:
Color: The name of the colour was the first thing to catch my attention – making me say – I want this! Shade name is “Bubblegum” – and that is definitely the best way to describe the colour – its effervescent bubblegum pink. It not too blue toned, rather I find it fairly neutral – which means it would be easy to carry by anyone through varied spectrum of skintones.
I love how pretty my lips look with this on – its bright, its lovely, not in your face neon or fuchsia – just a pretty pretty pink.
Texture: The texture is very creamy, a lot of glide – you have to be careful that the bullet doesn’t slide off your lip curve. However, the texture is not gloopy creamy which would gather in your lip lines. It goes on evenly without any tug or pull while applying. You definitely do not need a lip balm below this. Its fairly moisturizing while on.
Pigmentation: A single swipe deposits 70-80% color and the shape of the bullet (with the slight indentation) allows the color to go on evenly. A second swipe will give you the color in the tube.
Lasting power:The lipstick lasted about 4 hours on my lips – which is just about okay – considering its texture is so creamy and moisturizing. It leaves a very faint pink stain which lasts about another half hour.
To sum this up for you:
Pros of Shiseido – Perfect Rouge – PK417 Bubblegum:
1. A neutral pretty bubblegum pinkcolor.
2. Colour would suit most skin tones.
3. Excellent pigmentation – A single swipe is enough for good color coverage. However, second swipe builds intensity to the same color as the tube.
4. Easy to apply from the tube
5. The lipstick applies creamy – without any tug or pull. It just glides on.
6. Does not settle into the fine lines of the lips
7. It feels hydrating on my dry lips – while it’s on.
8. There was no feathering or bleeding
9. Luxurious packaging
Cons of Shiseido – Perfect Rouge – PK417 Bubblegum:
1. Shiseido products are not as easily available in India – except select ShopperStop counters
2. I wish the product had the name mentioned on the lippy – its extremely irritating to try to remember numbers or keep opening the lippy to check whether youhave the right one!
Yes, a 4.8/5 product.
The colour is one of the prettiest pinks I have come across – its easy to wear, extremely hydrating – wish it would have lasted a bit longer though. So what do you think of this colour?
Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick – Rd346 Bedtime Review
Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion
Shiseido Eyelash Curler
Shiseido: Makeup Stick Foundation
Shiseido The Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation
Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum+
Shiseido The Skincare Purifying Mask
Faces Ultra Moist Lipstick – 41 Yum Bubblegum
Shiseido The Makeup Automatic Lip Crayon
Shisiedo Elixir Superieur Lifting Moisture Emulsion II
Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Face Wash
MUA Matte Perfect Loose Translucent Powder
MUA Matte Perfect Foundation – Natural
Sunsilk Co- Creations Perfect Straight Nourishing Conditioner
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick – Always Apricot
L’oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Tender Berry (519)
Chambor Rouge Plump+ Lipstick- 701
Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick: Rubis Rouge