WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I cannot stress enough how important it is to have the right tools. Make up brushes, right sponge for face, eye lash curler, spare wands, Q tips etc.
As far as eye lash curlers go they are not so very important for us Indian ladies because we are blessed with good lashes.
My lashes as I can see are not very straight or not so beautifully curled. They are just normal. Normal and towards the denser side as most of us are.
Having used a variety of eye lash curlers from friends all over, I zeroed on purchasing one for myself. As it is expensive (this one somewhere around 19 dollars) I asked my masi to get it for me.
Shiseido is a Japanese brand.
As far as I read and used the curlers on myself I conclude various brand eye lash curlers are meant for various type of eyes i.e. deep set, not so deep, almond shaped etc. this one speciaficly I find good for our type which are mostly almond.
This curler comes with a replacement pad. It is yes a little tricky for me to get the curve I want but once you get the hang of it this is good.
Here is what is written on their site –
- An eyelash curler perfectly contoured for ease of use and beautifully dramatic lashes.
- Includes replacement rubber pad.
- Use eyelash curler on clean lashes before applying mascara.
- Position eyelash curler with upper frame on top of upper lashes and carefully close eyelash curler so that the upper lashes are held between both frames.
- Press very gently, avoiding excessive pressure as this may cause damage to lashes.
- For a natural-looking finish, curl lashes in three steps, starting from the roots and working outward
It is a little fragile. You should drop your eyelash curler as it destroys the whole symmetry of it. (At least I fear so)
How I use it (when I do) not every day basis:
I apply a base and my eye liners first as you do not want standing lashes coming in your way when you curl your lashes
I use the curler twice pressing gently and at the right point
Coat it off with mascara
And the last but important step is I use my index finger and thumb (as in Mickey contractor tips for eyes) and wipe off the accesses even if there is no extra the mascara which would have run off otherwise comes off.
Here are the pros and cons of shiseido eye lash curler:
Good things about Shiseido Eyelash Curler
- Indians have curved eyes hence lashes I think shiseido is a better tool for our eye type rather than the rest I have tried which would be sephora brand, Mac, Shu Uemura (which is also Japanese and for Asians but is more outset) and few drugstore brands.
- It is curvier, meant for curved eyes. Not for flat eyes.
- The right lash curler has to fit your eye type i.e. the shape the gap and the curve so it might need a little bit of research before you get your one(great for beginners)!
- You would not end up pinching your lashes with this.
- I have tried many curlers and end up going back to this.
- Unlike few curlers it comes with a replaceable pad.
Cons of Shiseido Eyelash Curler
- This is a little for flimsy than the other ones.
- Lasting power a little less than the shu uemura.
- Rubber lasts only for 3 months if you use every day.
- For the girls with flatter eyes this may miss some of your lashes as it is curved.
Hope this was helpful
Also Read :
The Body Shop Eye Lash Curler Review
Thick Eyelashes Makeup Technique
10 Things I Learnt From My 10 month Makeup Stint
False Eyelashes- Application, Removal & Storage
Rapidlash Eyelash Enhancing Serum
How to Grow Eyelashes Longer
Shiseido: Makeup Stick Foundation Review
Shiseido The Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation Review, FOTD