There’s nothing wrong in admitting it, we all dread thinking about wrinkles – whether on the face, neck, or even on the lips. The fine lines on the lips are also called lipstick lines and show up prominently when you wear matte liquid lipsticks. The wrinkles on the lips are probably the first signs of ageing that we do not want ever to show up. Other factors that cause lip wrinkles are inadequate hydration, smoking, and excessive exposure to sunlight. Take a look at some tips you could use to keep lips wrinkle free and maintain them. First step to removing the wrinkled look is to remove the dryness, flakes and the chapped look, is to scrub the lips gently, use sugar and honey scrub or use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub away the flakes.This should help with a softer look.
1. Use vitamin E oil and gently rub it on the lips daily, leave it overnight. You can also use vitamin E capsules. Vitamin E helps in regeneration of new cells and would smooth away fine lines.
2. Use a nourishing lip balm through the day.
3. If possible do not expose your lips to direct sun, always use a lip product with SPF in it if you do venture out in the sun.SPF 15 or higher is recommended.
4. Use a lip pack of mashed papaya and honey drops and apply it on the lips for a while, this will bring the blood to the surface and act as a lip filler too.
5. Take just a little bit of cinnamon powder and add a few drops of sweet almond oil into it. Apply this on to the lips and leave on for 20 minutes. This lip pack will not only smooth away wrinkles with regular use, it will also plump up your lips – so, it’s a two-in-one treatment.
6. Try this scrub, mix your lip gloss with baking soda and sugar and gently rub it on the lips in circular motion with finger tips and keep it on for 15 minutes before washing.
7. Keep yourself hydrated by sipping on water the whole day, in fact drink more than 8 glasses of water.
8. Ghee or clarified butter can hydrate lips immensely, what’s more, you can even sleep with ghee on your lips to wake up with soft and moisturized lips.
9. Make a lip balm yourself with coconut oil and almond butter. To make this lip butter, take half a cup of almonds and put it in a blender. I used coffee grinder since it gives me a fine texture. Then, start blending the almonds. For the first 5 minutes, it will become a fine powder, after that the oil in the almonds starts reacting and it will soon turn into a nice paste. That’s when our almond butter is ready. One thing to keep in mind is the entire process takes 15-20 minutes and you have to continuously bring all the powder to paste form.
10. Exfoliate your lips once a week with sugar, olive oil, raw milk. Mix the ingredients together. Stir the mixture and start applying the mixture with your fingers to your lips and scrub the mixture gently in circular motion until some of the sugar granules get dissolved. After 5-6 minutes of scrubbing, wash the mixture off with cotton or lukewarm water and pat dry with towel. Now, apply the raw milk over lips and start brushing your lips slowly for 2 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry it with towel. Do this weekly for beautiful lips.
If you are really keen on wrinkle free lips, try collagen injections if all else fails. You can use plumping lip products for temporary filling. Maintain a lip care routine of scrub, pack and lip balm and treatment to delay wrinkles in the long run, do not worry too much, do things which are under your control.