Today I am going to review one of my favourite body oils. I have been using this particular oil for the last four months and I am truly very happy with the results. It is the Grapeseed Oil from NOW Solutions.
Product Description: As a natural moisturizer, apply oil directly to skin or use as a base for lotions. It is a light silky moisturizer for all skin types and especially good for sensitive skin beauties.
This is a 16 fl oz bottle i.e. 473 ml.
Grapeseed oil can be used on face, body and hair as well.
My experience with NOW Solutions Grapeseed Oil:
The oil comes in a flip-open bottle which is very easy to pour the required amount. It is greenish in colour. It is very light textured and is quickly absorbed into the skin without giving an oily look.
Different ways I use the oil:
1. Use it alone as a body moisturizer after bath.
2. A few drops in my body lotion for arms and legs.
3. A drop into my facial moisturizer and/or foundation. This gives a super dewy look to my face without getting oily. This oil did not aggravate my acne at all. And I love it for this favour on my skin.
4. I mix it with my coconut oil for hair massage before shower. Hair is washed to a super soft feeling.
5. Apply to hands and feet before sleep and wake up to a soft-soft feeling.
6. In homemade lip-scrub mix and get softer, smoother lips.
Other Benefits I experienced and enjoyed:
1. Stretch Marks – The stretch marks on my body have completely disappeared. I guess the prolonged use for around 2-3 months on a daily basis made it possible. Stretch marks are caused when the skin stretches due to various reasons such as weight gain, pregnancy, etc and is left dry. This oil not only moisturized the skin but also cured the stretch marks I had due to weight gain.
2. Facial Acne – Light facial massage once in a fortnight along with a few drops of tea tree oil for my acne. My face had been a real battlefield of acne and I had almost given up my fight when I tried this massage. This really helped my acne and they are a lot more behaving than before. I read later that grapeseed oil actually helps fight acne and I thought that it was just the tea tree oil battling tirelessly. But it has a great commander-in-chief fighting equally bravely.
3. Makeup – In addition to a good primer, I also mix 1-2 drops of the oil to my ‘Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup’. It helps my skin from drying caused by this foundation.
For the many benefits of grapeseed oil, you can simply ‘Google’ and get loads of information on it.
Pros of NOW Solutions Grapeseed Oil:
• Light texture.
• Quickly absorbed.
• No stickiness.
• A little amount goes a really long way.
• Helps in fighting acne as well.
• Stretch marks vanish with regular use.
• You can even use it in summer or any other season.
• Everyone can definitely give this a try, although be cautious when using on face as every skin will respond in a different way- that’s my opinion.
Cons of NOW Solutions Grapeseed Oil:
• Oily-skinned beauties may try since it is easily absorbed. It may fair differently on individual skin, though.
IMBB Rating: 5/5.
Do I Recommend?
Burt’s Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey and Grapeseed Oil Hand Cream
The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
Homemade Grape Seed Facial Scrub
How To Apply Body Oils
5 Body Massage Oils- Khadi, Himalaya, Parachute, Johnson’s
Benefits of After Bath Body Oils
The Body Shop Shea Beautifying Oil Review
Biotique Avocado Body Massage Oil Biocado-Review