NOW Solutions Grapeseed Oil
Today I am going to review one of my favourite body oils. I have been using this particular oil for the last four months and I am truly very happy with the results. It is the Grapeseed Oil from NOW Solutions.
Product Description: As a natural moisturizer, apply oil directly to skin or use as a base for lotions. It is a light silky moisturizer for all skin types and especially good for sensitive skin beauties.
This is a 16 fl oz bottle i.e. 473 ml.
Grapeseed oil can be used on face, body and hair as well.
My experience with NOW Solutions Grapeseed Oil:
The oil comes in a flip-open bottle which is very easy to pour the required amount. It is greenish in colour. It is very light textured and is quickly absorbed into the skin without giving an oily look.
Different ways I use the oil:
1. Use it alone as a body moisturizer after bath.
2. A few drops in my body lotion for arms and legs.
3. A drop into my facial moisturizer and/or foundation. This gives a super dewy look to my face without getting oily. This oil did not aggravate my acne at all. And I love it for this favour on my skin.
4. I mix it with my coconut oil for hair massage before shower. Hair is washed to a super soft feeling.
5. Apply to hands and feet before sleep and wake up to a soft-soft feeling.
6. In homemade lip-scrub mix and get softer, smoother lips.
Other Benefits I experienced and enjoyed:
1. Stretch Marks – The stretch marks on my body have completely disappeared. I guess the prolonged use for around 2-3 months on a daily basis made it possible. Stretch marks are caused when the skin stretches due to various reasons such as weight gain, pregnancy, etc and is left dry. This oil not only moisturized the skin but also cured the stretch marks I had due to weight gain.
2. Facial Acne – Light facial massage once in a fortnight along with a few drops of tea tree oil for my acne. My face had been a real battlefield of acne and I had almost given up my fight when I tried this massage. This really helped my acne and they are a lot more behaving than before. I read later that grapeseed oil actually helps fight acne and I thought that it was just the tea tree oil battling tirelessly. But it has a great commander-in-chief fighting equally bravely.
3. Makeup – In addition to a good primer, I also mix 1-2 drops of the oil to my ‘Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup’. It helps my skin from drying caused by this foundation.
For the many benefits of grapeseed oil, you can simply ‘Google’ and get loads of information on it.
Pros of NOW Solutions Grapeseed Oil:
• Light texture.
• Quickly absorbed.
• No stickiness.
• A little amount goes a really long way.
• Helps in fighting acne as well.
• Stretch marks vanish with regular use.
• You can even use it in summer or any other season.
• Everyone can definitely give this a try, although be cautious when using on face as every skin will respond in a different way- that’s my opinion.
Cons of NOW Solutions Grapeseed Oil:
• Oily-skinned beauties may try since it is easily absorbed. It may fair differently on individual skin, though.
IMBB Rating: 5/5.
Do I Recommend?
Burt’s Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey and Grapeseed Oil Hand Cream
The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
Homemade Grape Seed Facial Scrub
How To Apply Body Oils
5 Body Massage Oils- Khadi, Himalaya, Parachute, Johnson’s
Benefits of After Bath Body Oils
The Body Shop Shea Beautifying Oil Review
Biotique Avocado Body Massage Oil Biocado-Review
13 thoughts on “NOW Solutions Grapeseed Oil Review”
I’d love to have one of this. Very nice review Era. I wish this one is available in our country. I’ve been looking for grapeseed oil for months already. I will find ways to get this. 🙂
This review is by me…You can buy grapeseed oil of any brand… anyone should work equally good…
Great review Era *woot* i have heard that grapeseed oil works really well for acne… now that you finally told… i am gonna try this *pompom* *pompom*
This review is by me… Do remember to not overuse the oil for acne… little amount goes a long way… make sure its completely absorbed by the skin and wipe of the residue if you think its required..
Can this remove waterproof sunscreen ? Really good buy *jai ho*
I am not sure… Cetaphil cleanser might do the job for you…
Loving oils these days! *thankyou* for the review!
you are welcome…
Era, you are like saviour for me.. actually I am shocked to know that stretch marks went away I have searched the net for hours, weeks and months only to find nothing which works to get rid off stretch marks. I have already got my grapeseed oil bottle from flipcart, dying to try that on my stubborn stretch marks. Thanks a ton! I dnt know if it will work on mine, but I am so hopeful. Thanks again!
Shilpa, this review is done by me and not Era. Well my stretch marks disappeared after using it religiously for couple of months. so you got to keep doing that… hope it works for you too…:)
Hi ashu… Thanx a ton for such a good review… I wantd to ask for stretch marks do i have to mix this oil in some lotion or i have to apply it directly? And the grape seed oil that i bought is aloe veda distill grape seed oil… I hope i bought the right product cuz im confuse wether it has to carrier oil or what? Plz lemme knw
you can apply the oil directly or even mixed in a body lotion, both should work fine. Usually, I avoid using body lotion except for arms and legs.
Generally, carrier oils come in transparent bottles and also come in large quantity. Essential oil come in dark bottles to protect them from sunlight and also come in small sizes. So, if yours is in large transparent bottle, you should be ok to use it directly.
Its been a month i am using grape seed oil on my stretch marks… I got them cuz i lost some weight… Bt i cant see any diffrence in the mark… I use oil directly on them n message for 1-2 mins…. I want them to go *scared* *waaa*