The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
What it claims: A glossing serum that adds great gloss and shine to the hair. It also helps to moisturise the hair and is easily washed out.
Price and Quantity: Rs. 545 for 75 ml
About the ingredients: Grape seed oil – Is very rich in essential fatty acids. Helps to protect the hair shaft from moisture loss by coating it, which also helps to smooth the hair.
Sesame Oil – Moisturises and helps condition the hair, aiding combing and adding non-greasy shine.
A high performance formulation – Contains oils which do not cause build up on the hair. Does not contain silicon found in many competitor products, which with regular use can coat the hair making it dull and lank.
How to apply: Warm a small amount through hands and run lightly through the top layers of your hair whilst styling. Can also be applied to wet hair before drying. I always rub it into my hands and scrunch it though towel dried hair.
What I like about The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Hair Serum:
- It is a lightweight serum. I almost feel like I have applied nothing on my hair.
- It smells mild but delicious. Reminds me of oranges and lemons and the citrus fragrance instantly freshens me up 🙂 (And I actually am not very big on citrus fragrances!)
- So what is the big buzz about grapeseed oil ?!
- It is supposedly high in Essential fatty acids which are important for both skin and cell membranes. Grapeseed oils’ cellular structure has regenerative and restructuring properties. This results in strong hair which is well moisturised with lasting shine.
- Delivers almost instantaneous results. My hair feels and looks detangled, smooth, malleable and touchable almost immediately even in its semi-wet condition ☺
- It gives my hair a natural sheen.
- Highly recommended for those with dry or brittle or frizzy hair. It hydrates and further straightens out my already straight hair :yelo:
- A very small amount of the product is required after each wash so a little goes a long way.
- Works best when I apply it to towel dried hair followed by using a round brush and hair dryer. It actually works as a styling/setting/holding agent for my hair.
- Like some other hair serums in the market, this one does not sit on top of my hair or lead to any product buildup or residue.
What I don’t like much about The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Hair Serum:
- Those with fine hair will need to use this very very sparingly after each wash else even though your hair will look beautiful on that given day, they may tend to become slightly oily (though not greasy) the morning after.
- If you have super-short hair like me, the pump dispenser would be mostly useless as you would require to pull out the entire cap and tilt the bottle slightly to extract just half a drop of serum onto your fingertips and then rub them together before scrunching the serum through your hair. For those with shoulder length/longer hair, about 2-3 pumps would be enough.
Verdict: It is the best hair serum I have ever used . 🙂
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Would you purchase again?: Certainly yes. This product, indeed, does deliver.
Have you used The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
L’oreal Oiliss Anti-frizz Leave-in Serum Review
Loreal Smooth Intense Serum Review
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Loreal Professional TEC Liss Control Hair Serum Review
Habibs Hair Serum Review
Matrix Biolage Smoothing Hair Serum Review
Livon Silky Potion Review