WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello Gorgeous Ladies,
Deep conditioning treatments are designed to provide your hair all the nourishment and moisture which has been stripped off your hair. The main aim of this treatment is to make sure that the products used are well incorporated in your hair, rather they should penetrate “deep” inside which gives the name “deep conditioning.” This treatment adds the lost moisture to your hair. Have you ever gone to a salon for a deep conditioning treatment and have burned a hole in your pockets? Well, you don’t need to any more because I will be penning down about how you can do it in the comfort of your home with a twist. So, let’s get started!
Things you will need:
- Homemade hair mask or store-bought hair mask.
- Almond oil.
First, we need to prepare a hair mask.
Steps for preparing hair mask at home:
Things you will need: Banana, honey, egg yolk (optional), olive oil or coconut oil.
Method: Mash the banana and add honey, egg yolk and olive oil/coconut oil. Blend the mixture in a blender. Customize the ingredients and quantity as per requirement.
Things you will need: Yogurt, egg (optional) and baking soda.
Method: Mix together yoghurt, egg and baking soda (5 teaspoons: 1 egg: 1 teaspoon ratio) and make a paste consistent enough to be non dripping. You can even use plain yoghurt skipping the baking soda and egg.
You can make your own hair masks according to your hair type. There are innumerable DIY methods available online. You can just search and make your own mask or you can use your favorite store-bought mask as well.
Now that you have your hair mask ready, let’s move on to the actual process.
Steps For Deep Conditioning Hair:
1. Coat your hair well with your home-made hair mask or your favorite hair mask. Remember to coat all strands equally from root to tip.
2. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave on the mask for about 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, remove the shower cap and apply almond oil only on the scalp and root of your hair and massage well (this might be a bit messy since you will be having the mask on). Again, cover your hair with shower cap and let it sit for 10 minutes. Girls with extremely oily scalp can skip applying oil and just keep the mask on for 30-40 minutes.
4. Rinse off your hair with a shampoo of your choice.
5. Now, take your favorite conditioner and apply it on entire lengths of your hair leaving the scalp and roots of hair (i.e. the portion which has been oiled).
6. Take a towel and dip it in warm water and strain it. Cover your treated hair with this towel.
7. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes. The hot towel will ensure that the conditioner seeps in through the hair and deep conditions it.
8. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and towel dry or blow dry and you are done!
After this treatment you will notice that your hair feels soft, healthy and perfect! This treatment can be done fortnightly or once a month. It takes approximately 1.5-2 hours and it is totally worth the time and effort.
I personally like to deep condition my hair at home because I can use the products that suit my hair instead of the standard products used in salons. I was surprised to know that they don’t even analyze your hair before the treatment. I personally feel that every individual has different hair type and treatment should depend on an individual’s hair type. It should not be standard for all! This simple method at home will definitely give your hair the attention it needs. So, go ahead all you beautiful girls and try this deep conditioning treatment! Take care ladies!
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
Fab India Aloe Vera Protein Conditioner
Biotique Bio Watercress Fresh Nourishing Conditioner
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
Shampoo & Conditioner for Damaged Hair : Ask IMBB
Boots Seawood Conditioner
Avon Advance Techniques Moisture Sleek Smoothing Conditioner
The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Conditioner
Khadi Herbal Hair Conditioner with Vanilla and Honey
L’Oreal Nutri-Gloss Conditioner