How To Treat Dark Elbows At Home
Whether it is because of too much of environmental stress and chafing or due to unfavorable external factors, lack of proper care or genetic disorders, dark elbows are always so troublesome to women of every age and era! That is why, I thought of coming up with an article where we can get to know about some of the easiest ways to treat dark elbows. Now, to tell the truth, somehow I could fathom that you wouldn’t really want to go for expensive surgical, cosmetic or medical procedures for something like the problem of dark elbows. That is why, I have restricted myself only to home remedies when it comes to treating dark elbows. Wondering how to treat dark elbows at home? Read on.
How to Treat Dark Elbows at Home- The Basics
You just need to follow a few simple steps on a regular basis. Be religious in following them and you would reap the benefits surely.
Here are the basic steps to follow-
• Cleansing- Use a gentle cleanser to clean your elbows daily and properly.
• Exfoliate- First of all, you need to remove dead cells from your elbows. For that purpose, you need some nice exfoliating scrub and rub it in circular motion twice or thrice every week. For best results, do it while taking shower. At this time, the skin is moist and scrubbing is best done on soaked skin. This will not only help to remove the dead cells but also tone down the darkness of your elbows. Invest in a ready made scrub from a reputed brand or make a scrub at home by using honey, lemon juice and sugar. Both are effective.
• Moisturize- When the elbow skin is dry and dehydrated, it looks all the more rough and dark. So, moisturize your elbows to prevent them from getting scaly and coarse. Immediately after patting your elbows dry (whether after scrubbing or not), follow up with a thick cream or moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
• Apply natural lighteners- Natural lighteners work wonders in removing the dark patch from your elbows. Use natural lightening agents like lime juice, lemon juice and coconut oil. Find out some of these recipes in the ‘Home remedies’ section of this article.
• Sunscreen- Make sure that you do not forget to apply sunscreen generously on the elbows. This will prevent further tanning and darkening.
• Avoid a few ‘bad’ habits- Skipping the cleansing part or being lazy enough to use the scrub only once every two weeks, doing away with the application of natural lighteners altogether or leaning on your elbows on rough surfaces are what I call ‘bad’ habits. Stay away from them.
How to Treat Dark Elbows at Home- A Few Home Remedies
• For exfoliation, you can mix two spoons of olive oil with a spoon of sugar. Apply and leave on for sometime. Rub it and clean it off with a towel.
• Make a pack by mixing two spoons of yoghurt with almond powder (or paste). Apply and let it dry. Clean by rubbing it.
• Whenever you have some left over lemon peels at home, rub your elbows with them once in a while.
• Rub lime juice on your elbows and leave on for fifteen minutes. Wash off.
• If you have some coconut water at home, drink some and leave a little bit for washing your elbows with it.
• Massage curd and milk on your elbows.
• Mix turmeric, lemon juice and cucumber juice. Apply the mixture on elbows and let it dry. Wash off.
• Mix gram flour with milk and turmeric. Apply and scrub it off after sometime.
How to Treat Dark Elbows at Home- Tips and Warnings
• Avoid using a home remedy if you get allergies or irritation. May be you are allergic to an ingredient.
• If you feel that your dark elbows are caused as a result of some medical condition that needs proper attention, visit a doctor.