How To Treat Face Blemishes
Conduct a poll on the most troublesome facial skin problems women suffer from and blemishes would be on the list along with pimples and acnes. Most of the times, they appear on your face and they lower your level of confidence. Here is an article that will help you know the best ways to tackle blemishes systematically and effectively. Read on!
Blemishes are often caused as a result of accumulation of oil, bacteria buildups and dead cells of the skin. Apart from these factors, hormonal changes during puberty or pregnancy can also lead to an increased chance of getting blemishes. Cosmetics, that clog the pores on your skin and even genetic factors can be responsible for blemishes.
How to treat face blemishes-basic guidelines
• Cleaning- Cleaning the skin is an important step to achieving blemish-free skin. Use a gentle cleanser, suitable for your skin type.
• Toning- This too is as obvious as the cleansing part. However, toners are often skipped by many of us and so, this advice is needed. Toners help in tightening your skin and do away with any dirt which may be left over after cleansing.
• Scrubbing- Scrub your skin at regular intervals and do away with any dead cell which may be there.
• No pricking- Abstain from squeezing or pricking whiteheads, pimples, blackheads or acnes. This often leads to redness and scarring.
• Topical applications- A blemish is nothing but a skin imperfection. It can be caused as a result of sun exposure, aging, acnes and such other factors. Topical medications like Tretinoin, which is commercially known as Retin-A, vitamins like Retinol, retinoid like Tazarotene, Vitamin E and Vitamin C derivatives are widely used for treating blemishes and improving your skin conditions. Intake of prescribed medicines and application of topical ointments are helpful. There are a number of topical products like creams and antioxidant ointments. However, it must be borne in mind that you should consult you’re the physician before resorting to any of these treatments. Your doctor may also choose to inject hydrocortisone. Often, blemishes are caused by internal conditions and thus, you should visit the dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
How to treat face blemishes- Cosmetics
Cosmetics are helpful in camouflaging blemishes. So, this is not necessarily a treatment. But of course, it serves the purpose on special occasions. Here are a few tips that you would find helpful-
• Tinted moisturizers can be applied to hide your blemishes.
• If you are quite a make-up person, you can use foundation to offer you moderate coverage. Go for matte or semi-matte finishing touch.
• If the blemishes that you have are rather prominent, invest in correcting colors like yellow, mauve, green and white. Wear them under the foundation and this can be an effective solution for your face blemishes.
• Concealers also work wonders as far as hiding blemishes is concerned.
• Use blushes to give your cheeks a pinkish glow! In the process, you would end up concealing blemishes which might still be a little visible through your foundation.
How to treat face blemishes- Home Remedies
Wondering how to treat face blemishes at home? The following easy to use home remedies are known to be quite effectual if done religiously-
• Application of cucumber juice, lemon juice and potato juice is very effective.
• Mix sandalwood powder with water and apply the paste on your skin.
• Mix rose water with honey and lemon juice. Apply the concoction on face.
• Mix a spoon of rosewater with two spoons of vinegar and cucumber juice. Apply the solution on face.
• If you have dry skin, soak some almonds overnight. Get rid of the skin and grind it. Add few drops of honey and lemon juice. Apply on face.
• Smash some green papaya and add milk to it. apply the paste on your blemishes.
How to treat face blemishes- Diet
• Have a nutritious diet rich in Vitamin C, A and E.
• Include food items rich in zinc and selenium.
• Eat lots of fresh seasonal fruits like oranges, watermelons, guavas and gooseberries.
• Have fresh vegetables and whole grains.
• Stay away from fatty foods and caffeine.
• Drink loads of water.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
How to Select Sunglasses According to Face Shape
How to Select Hairstyles According to Face Shape
Face Shape: How to Determine Your Face Shape
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Blemishes: Causes & Skin Care
Skin Products for Blemishes