Blackheads are a skin woe that we leave for the parlors to take care of. But did you know that we could get better results at home by making use of some simple home remedies? No kidding, you can use ingredients right from your kitchen cabinets to get rid of blackheads and get flawless skin. Listed below are a few home remedies, to give you that blackhead-free skin.
1. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is great not only as a breakfast meal, but also in the skin care department. It works wonderfully on acne-prone skin and also on blackheads by scrubbing away all the dead skin and removing all the excess dirt and oil.
Method: Take 1/4 cup oatmeal in a bowl, and add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of yogurt; mix them well and leave the paste on your face for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water once the mask dries.
2. Powdered cinnamon: Cinnamon is a great spice when it comes to skin care, and it is an excellent product that helps in treating blackheads. The two things that it does for your skin is moisturizing it and removing dead skin cells.
Method: Mix a tablespoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of lemon juice and turmeric powder; slather the mask on your face. Leave it to dry for a good 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Lemons: Lemon is one of the most used ingredients in natural skin care. It helps in clearing out skin, getting rid of dark circles, killing bacteria and treating blackheads. It contains vitamins and nutrients which give a nice texture to the skin and add a nice glow.
Method: Slice half a lemon, and add a pinch of sugar and teaspoon of honey over it. Rub it over your blackheads and let it stay on for about fifteen minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
4. Honey: We all are aware of the goodness of honey; it’s not just yummy but equally good for your skin and hair too. The antibiotic properties that it possesses remove bacteria from the pores and pull the entire gunk out. It helps in moisturizing the skin and tightening the pores.
Method: Grab an apple and slice it into small pieces; put all the pieces in a blender and make a paste. Then add a tablespoon of honey along with a couple of mint leaves (chopped), mix them well, and layer it on your face. Let the mask stay for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
5. Green tea: This magic ingredient is great because it contains antioxidant properties, which helps banish irritation, reduce oil and get rid of blackheads.
Method: Make green tea like you normally would, by boiling water and adding 2 green tea bags to it and let them sit there for an hour. Let the water turn green and throw the mug in the fridge. After about half hour, take a cotton ball and dip it in chilled green tea and dab it over the blackheads. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
6. Tomatoes: These veggies are again an excellent skin care ingredient. They do not just keep blackheads at bay but also keep the skin soft and glowing.
Method: Take a mashed potato and pour all the juice in a container; put it on your blackheads and leave it on overnight. Wash with chilled water in the morning.
7. Egg whites: These are an amazing beauty ingredient; they tighten and tone the skin and keep both skin and hair in the best of shape.
Method: Separate egg whites from the yolk and beat the whites thoroughly until they foam up a bit; put it on your blackheads for a good 20 minutes and wash with cool water.
Take care! <3
Egg Peel and Pack For Pores and Blackheads: Do It Yourself
10 One Ingredient Blackheads Removal Methods
The Body Shop Double Ended Blackhead Remover Review
Tips for Blackhead Removal
Dos and Don’ts of Blackhead Removal
Remove Blackheads: How to Remove a Blackhead on Skin
3 Blackhead Clearing Scrub Reviews
20 Home Remedies To Remove Blackheads