The rich formula nourishes, repairs and protects the lip.
Of course, after reading the rather basic product description, you are bound to wonder how this particular lip balm is different from any other lip balm, as they all seem to claim the same thing!
Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax**, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Gylcerides**, Cera Alba/Beeswax**, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil**, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate**, Tacopheryl Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate**.
**Natural origin ingredients.
It wasn’t easy to read the super fine print and the difficult scientific names for all the ingredients, but I wrote them down because I do think that it is rather important for you to know what goes into the product that you are applying directly on your skin.
I have always been a huge fan of L’Occitane products. There is just some mystique that the brand exudes, quite like the quintessential French brand, this one too has created an aura around itself. I haven’t particularly liked their hair products too much (and I think some of you on IMBB might agree with this), but their creams and this lip balm in particular have really impressed me.
This lip balm is one of the few products by the brand that I currently own and I must say that it is one of my prized possessions. It is extremely nourishing without being greasy. That’s the best part about this product. I have used A LOT of lip balms (that come in a stick or in a jar/pot) but none of them have been greatly moisturizing AND non-greasy at the same time. This one is.
Pros of L’Occitane Ultra Rich Shea Butter Lip Balm:
- 10% Shea Butter, super nourishing! Great moisturizer even for very dry lips (like mine).
- Non-greasy, lots of moisture and yet no grease! Such a rare feature.
- This is great for using under lipstick. I often need to moisturize my lips before I apply lipstick on. This works so well for that, thanks to all the moisture and no slippery grease! Your lipstick will glide over this without its texture being affected.
- So many natural origin ingredients. Also, obviously, paraben-free.
- I love the packaging! The retractable stick makes this very convenient to use. Unlike other retractable lip balms, this one swivels in and out very smoothly and rules out any scope for damage to the product.
- Very mild, pleasant fragrance.
- Lasts a fairly long time.
Cons of L’Occitane Ultra Rich Shea Butter Lip Balm:
- No SPF: I don’t really think that there is anything “wrong” with the product as such. I really love it. However, I do think that it could have had some SPF. It’s useful for lip balm to have SPF if you intend to wear it during the day. I don’t usually wear this (by itself) in the daytime, but I still could if I use a lipstick that contains SPF. In general, I wear this for a natural nourished look or under lipstick in the evenings.
- No shine, no gloss, no shimmer, no colour. I usually don’t want my lip balm to have any of that. But in case you’re looking for that, then this won’t give you any.
- It’s probably a little too expensive, but I would say that it’s worth the price and therefore worth investing in at least once.
Not specified, but I suppose it will be up to one year if not more.
Rs. 580/- for 5 gm.
Very nourishing lip balm that gives you a soft, natural look. Great to wear with lipstick. No SPF. Slightly expensive, but I think it’s worth it.
4.8/5 (it falls short of 5/5 just because of no SPF).
Disclaimer: I own the 2 gm stick but what is currently available in the market is the 5 gm stick, so don’t worry if the quantity looks too little in the pictures. It’s going to be a lot more for the one that you purchase.
L’Occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap
L’occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream
Loccitane Ultra Rich Conditioner With Shea Butter
L’occitane Hibiscus Flower Ultra Rich Body Cream
L’Occitane Creme De Douche Ultra Rich Shower Cream
Olay Ultra Moisture Lotion with Shea Butter
Jovees Shea Butter Moisturizer with Fruit Extracts
The Body Shop Shea Butter Shower Cream
Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream
Jovees Lip Balm
Biotique Lip Balm and Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel
Avon Naturals Lip Balm Strawberry, Aloe & Cherry
Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
Maybelline Lip Smooth Color & Care Balm Photos, Swatches