I did a small haul last week. Picked new launch products from Biotique (Lip balm) & Lotus (BroadSpectrum sunscreen Lotion)
This is my first post to IMBB 🙂 and I’m happy to start with one of my favorite products- Biotique Bio Berry Lip Balm
Biotique Berry Plumping Lip Balm
Biotique has launched 3 new lip balms. They are priced for 99 Rs.
1. Bio Berry Plumping Lip Balm – Berries are one of nature’s great sources of vitamins and photochemical. This plumping balm restores lip fullness for a voluptuous, bee-stung look and refined lip contours.
2. Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm – Bio Fruit has been the elixir of life since the beginning of time, rich in vitamins, nutrients and skin brighteners. This de-pigmentation balm visibly lightens lips for a fairer skin tone.
3. Bio Aloe Vera Nourishing Lip Balm SPF 30 – This nutrient-rich lip balm prevents and corrects chapped, cracked lips. Protects with SPF 30 UVA/UVB sunscreen.
Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) 1.0%, Indian berry (Coccilus suberosus) 4.0%, Vach (Acoruscalamus) 1.5%, Badam (Prunusamygdalus) 2.0%, Surajmukhi (Helianthus annus) 2.0%, Kusumbhi (Carthamus tinctorius) 4.5%, Til (Sesamum indicum) 5.0%, Erandi (Ricinus communis) 11.0%, Marham base Q.S
What the company claims –
Berries are one of nature’s great sources of vitamins and phytochemicals. This plumping balm restores lip fullness for a voluptuous, bee-stung look and refined lip contours.
Smooth on and around bare lips, alone or under lipstick.
- My lips are dry irrespective of the climate. I was hunting for a lip balm which stays quite longer and non-greasy. Now I found my HG lip balm. 🙂
- Texture is creamy and a little quantity is sufficient to apply on lips. I apply in the morning and even after taking breakfast and lunch, it doesn’t dry on my lips.
- It doesn’t give a waxy look or a glossy look. It does a decent job in soothing dry lips and also leaves a light pinkish shade on lips.
- Combination of this lip balm with transparent lip gloss gives a pinkish tint to my lips which suits my light olive skin.
My lips are brown (: like Guys lips who smoke 😉 After I apply this, it gives a pink hint on my lips.
Pros for Biotique Lip Balm:
- It contains natural ingredients.
- It instantly absorbs in to the skin and keeps lips moisturizing.
- Perfect base for applying lipstick
- Price is 99 Rs. for 16 gm. Its worth paying for the quantity.
- It smells good. Every time I open the tub, it tempts me to inhale the fruit flavor . 🙂
- Gives a light pink shade on the lips. The color doesn’t stay for long time on lips but it keeps moisturizing for 3 – 4 hours
- Shelf life of the product is 3 years
Cons of :
Nothing much to list on cons part. I’m quite impressed with this.
- As like other traditional biotique products, it comes in a small widened tub. I travel a lot. So I personally don’t prefer to use this.
- Bio Berry does not have SPF. These days I’m going on GAGA over SPF 😉 I would be more impressed if it had SPF in it.
- I have thin lips – I picked this flavor because it claims that it plumps lips.
- On the plumping part – I dint see any swelling on my lips.
Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*. One star I reduced is for packing.
Will I buy it again? Yes Definitely. I would like to try other flavors too.
Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel – Cooling sunscreen
This is a new launch from Lotus with a tag “BroadSpectrum”
What company claims –This BroadSpectrum sunscreen not only protect skins against UVB rays but shields the skin from the more harmful UVA rays and are classified as PA+, PA++, PA+++ depending on the intensity of the protection offered.
There are 2 products one with SPF 20 and other one with SPF 30. I Picked SPF 30 with PA++.
- Calendulla – Prevents skin from drying and inhibits the formation of sun caused wrinkles. It also delays the premature aging.
- Vanilla extracts – soothes and promotes new healthy skin growth
- Ensulizole, Bisdisulizole Disodium, Sulisobenzone
Who can use – Normal to oily skin type
Price – Rs 195/- for 60 gm.
Before starting my review let me tell about my skin type. It’s a combination skin. My T-zone (esp. forehead/chin) is oily. End of the day it becomes oilier. Rest of my face is normal.
I never step out of my house without sunscreen. These days I was using biotique sunscreens. I liked them very much for their fragrance and texture but they made my face oily as soon as I applied them. After reading Cynthia’s review about this Lotus sunscreen gel I wanted to give it a try. Thanks CZ for your review. 🙂
A little quantity is enough for my face and neck. It’s not a running gel, but a creamy base which gets absorbed in to the skin instantly.
Pros of Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel – Cooling sunscreen :
- After applying this sunscreen, I apply thin coat of lotus compact powder. This gives me a natural finish for my yellow-olive based skin.
- This look stays for 4 – 5 hours. Then I get a shiny look, not oily though.
- It doesn’t sting on my face
- It has both UVA/UVB protections with SPF 30. SPF 30 or more is required in hot summers. This one is definitely preferable for summers.
- When it says cooling, I expected something like applying rose/plain water on my face 😉 Instead it gave me a burning sensation for few minutes especially when I apply it around my eyes. I skip this to my eyes
- Quantity is very less for the price.
- Fragrance is not good. It doesn’t smell like vanilla.
I applied lotus sunscreen and dabbed compact powder. So happy to see that my T-zone is not creasing. 🙂
Would I recommend to others – Yes for oily /excess oily skin type
I would rate this as :star: :star: :star: :star: + 0.5
49 thoughts on “Biotique Lip Balm and Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel Review”
Hi Vidya, great review, esp on the lip balm would have tried it instead of the lotus one I bought, but lotus seems to be doing the job too, I just had my lunch but the balm seems intact on my lips :-))
You have a pretty smile
Thanks Renuca 🙂 you should try this new lip balm… 😉 from its earlier version, it improved a lot.
@Rati – so happy to see my first post got published. Thanks 🙂
the little green tub looks cute!
Most welcome Vidhya. I am glad to have you here. 🙂 And the lip balm looks yummilicious.
Cute review Vidhya..and a nice child like face you have.
I will try the Lotus lip balm for sure..as it is I am running short of one..
As for Sunscreen, I am using Lotus Gel with SPF 50..hehe and yeah it helps the oily T zone a lot..and ever since I bought it, my Aroma magic sunscreen cream has taken a back seat..u know how oily it can get in summers.
Know what?? whenever I go to Hypercity or some place, I always think of you and Radhika and I keep wondering..Even if I see you guys, I wouldnt be able to recognise at all.
But now I guess some names have faces :-))
I am so sad to know that Aroma is taking a back seat 😥 . I am a huge fan of Aroma Magic. 🙁
I meant Biotique Lip Balm..Lotus got too much into my mind that I skipped Biotique LOL
hey great review. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: ..we dont have biotique OR lotus nearby..*sigh* 😥 😥 😥 ..hey can i tell you a suggestion?? :-/ :-/ :-/ when you take pics of yourself with the cam…take the photo from above…like hold the cam on the head level or above….it makes your face look better and your features a lot more chiseled……. :-* :-*
gawdd!! I didn’t know this. Little Fathima is full of knowledge. 😛
wow, I used this tip and it worked so well, now I dont complain about my features or complexion 🙂 thank you
Nice review! I liked the look of the Biotique lip balm – the color looks totally fab on u. Will pick it up soon 😀
yes Rima….its a small handy one 🙂
Thanks Poornima – picked all these from Empire Stoers, Commercial street…they do have biotique tinted mosituriser too
Thanks fatima..this is first time am taking photos on my own…sure will follow ur tips from next time 🙂
@Tanveer He He He…Biotique Girl…am sure you will like this
Hey great reviews Vidhya… Very helpful… :yes: :yes:
The lip balm looks yummy… And Lotus sunscreens are the best!!!! :inlove:
Btw… Fruit whitening Lip balm????? This is taking the fairness craze to new heights (Or lows)!!!!! 🙄 🙄
Maybe it’s OK for Smokers or somethng…. :idk: :idk:
Nice review Vidya! 🙂 I’m running out of my lip balm. Could try the Biotique one next.
Hey Vidhya..didnt know you are from Bangalore too! You have such nice skin 🙂
Poornima – I thought of the exact same thing when I was at Westside yesterday…I saw someone swatching shades at a counter and thought of you!
vidhya i am picking up the lip stuff cause of ur reveiw
Nice review Vidhya..!!!
I love this kind of cute little tub packaging..!! I might pick up the Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm coz my bf always teases me, “chup chup ke cigarrete piti hai na”..lol..!!! my lips are’nt that dark but he likes to tease me thats it..!! Also i think they should have named it Bio Fruit lightening balm..!! Who needs whitening for lips..lol..!!
And i dont need a sunscreen right now i have a clinique one lying with me just dont get the chance to use it..!!
You luk cute..!!
white lips? :doh: :doh:
tell me about it priyanka! my boyfriend teases me using the exact same words!
nice review :-))
Wow. Is Berry Lip Balm a tinted lip balm ? How long does it take for the lips to change color ?
You look so cute Vidhya! :))
I love the lip balm on you but yeah, even I’m fed up of potted lip balms :((
.-= ki.´s last blog ..Lacto Calamine Lotion =-.
Thanks M , Priyanka, sush, Ki 🙂
Tks Radhika… am fron bglore….staying close to electronic city
@neha, Sonal – Thanks 🙂 you should try this…you ‘ll like it
@Lavanya – Color doesnt stay for long time…. 😐
I have purchased Lotus Mattifying SPF 50, PA+++ gel. It costs Rs. 195 for 50 g.
Very costly. Is extremely light & does not irritate the skin at all. Although not completely stop secretion of oil. It’s very costly.
Better than your SPF 30
i am planning to buy lotus sunscreen gel. does it give a shiny look? and is it water/sweat proof?
pls give a reply….. 🙂
Welcome to IMBB. 🙂
You may read this post: https://makeupandbeauty.com/sun-safe-lotus-herbals-sunblock-reviews-spf-40-spf-60/
Hello Vidhya !!
Thanks for your efforts ..
Yesterday I got few lip balms
-> Nivea hydracare
-> Nivea pinkish boost
-> Biotique aleo vera spf30
-> Lotus cherry
I have fallen in love with the Nivea Hydracare and I must say the Biotique lip balm is awesome too … I have started buying stuffs after reviewing on net ..that really helps :yes:
am too using biotique whitening lip balm its toooo good,
hey…i have been using biofruit whitening lipbalm for 15 days…i feel like my lips are becoming darker…i dont understand if its my imagination or its really happening….how did u feel using dis?is it good on ur lips?
yes its good but , the problem is u feel lik its little bitter n it wont spread consistentlythe color is not impressive ,,,,,,,,,,is it wat u say ? n if go to some heat location the lipbalm start melting
Nice review! I am a big fan of Biotique and Lotus and I bought the ‘Morning Nectar’ (with SPF 30) lipbalm from Biotique yesterday . It is very light on my lips and I wish it was a little ‘thicker’ like the lotus lipbalms. But it has a nice smell and does keep lips soft and moisturized for a long time. I was very tempted by the one you’ve reviewed but the SPF factor was too appealing!
can u tell me frm where shall i purchase original lotus products in mumbai or in navi mumbai
i am afraid of the duplicate products
My lips were great 3 years back and all the sudden it turned dark.. i tried so many lip balms, nothing worked for me.
I need some lip product that removes darkness and should protect from dryness.