Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
Hello everyone, I’m so happy that I came across IMBB. Thanks to Rati and all your wonderful reviews, I’ve started becoming choosy and a tad more knowledgeable as to what would suit me and what to expect from the products. Though I chanced upon this site when I was looking for skin care routine/products, these days I’m trying out the make up products also.
I love lip balms and glosses. So yeah, I liked the review about lotus lip balms here and went to the store to pick them up. I’ve pigmented lips so I thought of picking one with sunscreen in it and which also takes care of moisturizing the lips. When I was looking at the lotus stuffs, I found this pretty green tiny one from Biotique. It is Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm. It says it ‘Lightens and Evens-out lip tones’.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
I’ve liked many Biotique products before and they have been good to my skin and hair. So I thought of giving Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm a try and picked it up.
Price: Rs. 99
Ingredients: Angur(Vitis Vinifera) 2.0%, Vach (Acorus Calamus) 1.5%, Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 2.0%, Badam(Prunus amygaldus) 1.5%, Surajmukhi (Helianthus annus) 2.5%, Kusumbhi (Carthamus tinctorius) 4.0%, Til (Sesamum indium) 4.5%, Erandi (Riinus communis) 12.0%, Marham Base Q.S.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Quantity: 0.6 oz. /16gm
What it says about Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm on the carton? Fruit has been the elixir of life since the beginning of time, rich in vitamins, nutrients and skin brighteners. This de-pigmentation balm visibly lightens lips for a fairer skin tone.
How to use it? Smooth on or around bare lips, alone or under lipstick.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Pros of Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
• It is based on an ayurvedic recipe so it doesn’t harm the skin in any way. It says in the pack – ‘This is not a cosmetic product. It has therapeutic properties’.
• The price is decent for the quantity. And it stays put for around two hours or so.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• You need very little of the balm for one time. So I guess, it will last longer. And it says that you can use it for 3 years from the date of manufacturing. Actually this claim in herbal products always leaves me in doubt. How can an herbal product stay unharmed for so long????
• The fragrance is mild. It is a fruity one but not overpowering. I can smell grapes. 🙂
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
• It moisturizes well. Haven’t faced any flakiness or dryness after using this. It doesn’t leave a cast.
• It has a mild brownish red color to it. So you can actually just use it alone without your lipstick.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
• The packaging is very cute. You would have seen the Big green dabbas of Biotique Pappaya scrub and their other creams. Now shrink it to fit your palm and that’s how this lip balm looks:
• There is a plastic cover inside the outer cover to protect the balm.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
Cons of Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
• No SPF. So it is basically only to cure de-pigmentation but if you want to prevent de-pigmentation, you might need to get some thing with SPF in it.
• If you use it under your lipstick, it may alter the color of the lipstick as the lip balm has a light color to it as mentioned. This needn’t be a con and you can actually try it with your lipsticks and bring out different shades.
• Yes, it comes in a tub so you have to be extremely careful about it. It can attract dirt easily. When you see the consistency it is a little runny than Vaseline so I guess it could have been packaged in a tube like think that we get for lip glosses. It would have been more convenient.
• And since it is a bit runny(guess because it has til and castor oil in it), it starts bleeding around the edges of your lips after some time if you have used more of this balm. It can give you a slight Cullen look 😛 So just be careful about how much of the balm you need.
Note: this runniness can also be attributed to the humid Chennai weather. So you can try it out and see how it suits you.
Honestly, m not sure about the lightening of the skin tone. I’ve been using it for just 10 days and I think it will take some more time to find out if it actually lightens the lips. But so far I’m happy with the moisturizing effect and the light color pay off of the balm.
And thanks to the diy tips in this blog, I’ve been scrubbing my lips with honey-olive oil-sugar scrub twice a week. So along with this balm I’m hoping to see some good results. Maybe then I can wear lippies more confidently.
My take on the product: I use it only at home, mainly due its runny consistency. I will be picking up a chapstick with SPF in it when I go out.
IMBB points: 3.5/5
Hope you liked my review. This is the first time I’m writing for this blog. Do let me know your comments. Ho and I’m sorry, I’m not very good at taking snaps… hope u got the idea anyway.