Hello Sweta, As you mentioned that you have oily skin and have brown eyes I created a purple smokey eye look for you to wear on your cousin’s engagement… As mentioned you’ll be wearing a Mustard colored dress so to add a little oomph I would suggest you to wear purple or plum eye shadow as it will complement your mustard dress. Your eyes are really pretty and big, and I even noticed the way to apply liner/kajal, so if I was at your place I would have done the following look. Please give a frank feedback, i’l not mind if you are not comfortable wearing this…
1. Main step is to prime your lids as it will give you a even canvas to start of…
I am using Oriflame Dual skin corrector concealer… you have oily lids so try using something oil free and that doesn’t crease so that you can enjoy the fuction without worrying about your eyeshadow creasing.
2. Now roughly apply a black liner on you lids, near to your lashline as shown in the pic…. Quickly blend the liner before it dries up as you don’t want to be harsh on your lids.
3. Apply a black eyeshadow on the lower part of your lids, doing so will give a smokey effect to the look.
I used Incolor black eyeshadow
4. Now apply a plum shade on your entire lid, do not proceed above the crease.
5. Now taking pink eyeshadow on your brush start blending the plum and pink together.
I used a cheap Matte eyeshadow (cnt remember its name)
6. Now use your compact powder and apply it under your brow to soften the pink
I used Vision Silky pressed powder light shade
9. Blend the outer corner where your upper and lower liner meet, the encircled area in the pic..
You can see the difference !!!
Use a light pink blush with highlight on apple of your cheeks and a soft plumish or pinkish lippie !!
Hope u like it !!
More Smokey Eyes:
Brown Black Smokey Eye Makeup
Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial
Smokey Eye: Brown Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
Blue Black Smokey Eye Makeup (Video)
Silver Blue Smokey Eyes Tutorial