Despite of the phenomenal obsession of women all over the world with Smokey eyes, I have still seen many women shying away from them.
Either they find the black smokey eye look-
- too bold or
- too stark or
- too dark or simply,
- too much!
Also, some of my friends who have small or deep set eyes also complain about smokey eye look. The stark black shadows may make small or deep set eyes look even smaller and like two black balls.
So I thought of this soft, black smokey eye look which will help brighten small/deep set eyes and also give that coveted smokey look.
Also the women who find the use of black shadow difficult can benefit from this tutorial.
I am using:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow in “Midnight Cowboy rides again”
- Maybelline Chai latte Quad
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Mascara
Tools you’ll need-
- A flat eye shadow brush
- A fluffy e/s blending brush
To finish the look, I have used-
- MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy blush in Soft candy
- Maybelline Watershine Gloss in Caramel Cream
1. This look is pretty simple.
2. Prep and prime your face. Apply concealer and foundation. Set it with a powder. I have skipped foundation. Using Maybelline Compact powder only.
3. With a flat concealer brush/fingers apply the primer on entire lid.
4. With a flat shadow brush, apply a shimmery cream/silver or any light coloured shadow on the entire lid right upto brow bone.
5. Do up both the eyes and blend to ensure even application.
6. Apply the Outer corner Colour from the Chai Latte Quad (Any dark brown Crease Colour) in the crease and outer corner, and blend well.
7. Apply a thin line with Maybelline Gel liner on the upper and lower lash line and smudge it lightly before it dries. Wing out the liner on upper lash line. You can also use liquid liner for this purpose. I have deliberately avoided the use of eye pencil, as the point is to provide a definition to the lash lines.
8. The lines will not smudge entirely, so will add definition. Gel liners can be blended a bit, So it will add the smokey effect.
9. Ensure a thin line on the upper lash line, So that the light, shimmery shadow is visible on the lid.
10. Do up both the eyes.
11. Apply the highlighter colour from the Maybelline Chai latte Quad in the inner corner of the eye.
12. Curl lashes and apply lots of mascara. Fill in your eyebrows and accentuate the brow arch.
13. The Urban Decay eye shadow is highly reflective. But it is also quite sheer. You can actually see my lids. You can use a more opaque shade if you like.
14. One more-
15. Finish the smokey eye look with a warm blush and nude, glossy lips.
I hope you all liked the smokey eye tutorial. 🙂
More Smokey Eyes:
Brown Black Smokey Eye Makeup
Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
Smokey Eye: Brown Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
Blue Black Smokey Eye Makeup (Video)
Silver Blue Smokey Eyes Tutorial
Smokey Eye: How to Get Smokey Eyes
70 thoughts on “Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial”
u r looking HOT. :inlove: nice tut. 🙂 u hav very expressive eyes. :hypnotized:
Awww.. Thanks Bulbul… :shy: :shy: :shy:
Lookin’ great :yes: :yes: :yes: The tutorial is so wearable too!! Great job Mrun 🙂
Thanks a lot Appu.. It’s good to know it’s useful… :-)) :-))
Hey Mrun……………..good to see you back…. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: ….lovely, simple, and such a wearable look…… :-))
Thankies Jomol… Love you.. :-* :-* :-*
Hi Mrun…..Final pic is damn gud..u r looking sooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty….. :-* :-*
Thanks Anshu… A loooooooooooooooot…. :-* :-*
and btw u were playing cards game on sys bfor this tutorial???? 😀 😀 😀
Er.. you noticed… :shame: :shame: :shame:
I am addicted to Spider Solitaire… 😀 😀
You are looking so pretty Mrun!! :-)…..beautiful look!
Thanks Cali.. :-* :-*
Fantastic Tutorial , Mrunmayee…
I loved the eye shadow colour. So wearable…. :yes: :yes:
I also want to do some nice eye look!! … 😐 😐 😐
but when cali….i m waiting and waiting to c u’r new makeup avataar… 😀
Isn’t it Rati??? I loved the colour:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:… It works great as highlighter too.. I hate stark white highlighters…
@cali… Pls do an eye look…
me too, M. Thye just don’t match my skin tone as well. :((
And Cali is pretty good with her makeup. She knows how to do :vampire: makeup :vampire: :vampire: :vampire: :vampire: :vampire:
lol..yeah..I only know how to make a bhooooooooooot of myself!! 😛 :-((
I made a video, but donno how to edit and cut down the boring stuffs!! 🙁 Guess I’d have to send the photo tutorial!! ..And the video has all come bluish..for donno what reason!! ….Have to do it again I guess!! :-(( … And I’ve got 3 pimples on my faceee…grrrrrrrrrrrr :pissedoff: pissedoff: pissedoff: pissedoff:
It has to be bluish nooo…vampire makeup…hehehehehee or you will be glimmering shimmering in bright light 😀 : D 😀
Hi cali…i m sending u :hammer: or :pill: use either of it..for u’r pimpos…but send the tutorail pics sooooon.. 🙄 🙄
🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁
Me waiting waiting,….. :-* :-* :-* :-*
ZOMG !!!!!! Thats an awesome eye look !!!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Awesome Mrun 😀 loveddddddddddddddddddddd the loooooooooooook !! :-*
In the last picture you look like
sort of yes 😀
:yes: :yes: :yes:
OMG… Gia…. 😯 😯 I don’t think so :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: …
But thanks for the compliment…. 😀 😀 😀
GIa , :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Howzz you? 🙂
Thanks Jahnavi.. I’d love to see you all try it…
amazin work mrun… :yes: :yes:
Thanks Bhumika… :-)) :-)) :-))
Hi everyone! I’ve been a lurker.. never commented much except for a coupla times maybe.. and Mrun this look is awesomeeee! I have large eyes and whenever i do smokey eyes i look like a racoon!!!! :-/ :beatup: :beatup: :panda: :panda:
Could you also maybe do a smokey eye look with matt finish, i mean without shimmer, that we can carry off for office… tried everything! Bought so many palettes but nothing works! Woe is me! :-((
You can check out some of the previous tutes.. There is a neutral colours look as well as the brown smokey eyes by Rati.. Both will help you out!!
the last pic is SMOKIN !! mrunmayee u look like ur just ready to pounceee !! :tiger: :tiger:
Oooohh… Thanks Smita T… I’ll purr for you because you are so sweet…
You look great & this is such a simple tutorial….will try this
Please try it Monika. And tell us if this works for you… :-* :-*
nice tut..lookin nice dear..
Thanks Butterfly…. :-)) :-))
Lovely look Mrun!!! Fantastic job done!! :yes: :yes:
Mrun..cannnnnot believe I almost missed this post 😯 😯 😯 You are back and wowwwww :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Loved your easy tutorial, as always, and so happy to see you back and healthy…kicked out dattee yellow fever :victory: :dance: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Datty yellow fever is ancient history re….
So glad you liked the tute… It’s a safe one.. Very difficult to mess up…
And..ya even I feel like you like the Kardashian sis in some way ?:-)
?:-) ?:-) ?:-) Naahhh………
Thanks HD… :-* :-* :-*
the look is so wearable :yes: :yes: :yes:
good work Mrun 🙂
i soooo wish i had the maybelline gel eye liner :-((
I finally picked up Hiamalaya Cleansing Milk :sweat: :sweat:
yay! sooooo pretty this is!!:D:D i saw this post early morning when i was half asleep then pictures were not opening. :D:Di loved it!! you cant go wrong with something like this! :):) perfect!! :-* :-* :-*
LOVED the look :heart: :heart: !! Mrunmayee look so pretty even in the first pic with no makeup or even foundation :yes: :yes:
Hi Mrun….Lovely tut. You are looking sooooooooo pretty in the last pic. What did you use on your lower lash line?
Ooops, sorry, just scrolled up again & read that you used Maybelline gel eye liner.
nice…. definitely worth a try for beginners! like moi… i too shy away from dramatic smokey eyes!
you playing solitaire on the comp before starting on this tut kya?