Despite of the phenomenal obsession of women all over the world with Smokey eyes, I have still seen many women shying away from them.
Either they find the black smokey eye look-
- too bold or
- too stark or
- too dark or simply,
- too much!
Also, some of my friends who have small or deep set eyes also complain about smokey eye look. The stark black shadows may make small or deep set eyes look even smaller and like two black balls.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
So I thought of this soft, black smokey eye look which will help brighten small/deep set eyes and also give that coveted smokey look.
Also the women who find the use of black shadow difficult can benefit from this tutorial.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
I am using:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow in “Midnight Cowboy rides again”
- Maybelline Chai latte Quad
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Mascara
Tools you’ll need-
- A flat eye shadow brush
- A fluffy e/s blending brush
To finish the look, I have used-
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
- MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy blush in Soft candy
- Maybelline Watershine Gloss in Caramel Cream
1. This look is pretty simple.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
2. Prep and prime your face. Apply concealer and foundation. Set it with a powder. I have skipped foundation. Using Maybelline Compact powder only.
3. With a flat concealer brush/fingers apply the primer on entire lid.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
4. With a flat shadow brush, apply a shimmery cream/silver or any light coloured shadow on the entire lid right upto brow bone.
5. Do up both the eyes and blend to ensure even application.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
6. Apply the Outer corner Colour from the Chai Latte Quad (Any dark brown Crease Colour) in the crease and outer corner, and blend well.
7. Apply a thin line with Maybelline Gel liner on the upper and lower lash line and smudge it lightly before it dries. Wing out the liner on upper lash line. You can also use liquid liner for this purpose. I have deliberately avoided the use of eye pencil, as the point is to provide a definition to the lash lines.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
8. The lines will not smudge entirely, so will add definition. Gel liners can be blended a bit, So it will add the smokey effect.
9. Ensure a thin line on the upper lash line, So that the light, shimmery shadow is visible on the lid.
10. Do up both the eyes.
11. Apply the highlighter colour from the Maybelline Chai latte Quad in the inner corner of the eye.
12. Curl lashes and apply lots of mascara. Fill in your eyebrows and accentuate the brow arch.
13. The Urban Decay eye shadow is highly reflective. But it is also quite sheer. You can actually see my lids. You can use a more opaque shade if you like.
14. One more-
15. Finish the smokey eye look with a warm blush and nude, glossy lips.
I hope you all liked the smokey eye tutorial. 🙂
More Smokey Eyes:
Brown Black Smokey Eye Makeup
Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
Smokey Eye: Brown Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
Blue Black Smokey Eye Makeup (Video)
Silver Blue Smokey Eyes Tutorial
Smokey Eye: How to Get Smokey Eyes