Despite of the phenomenal obsession of women all over the world with Smokey eyes, I have still seen many women shying away from them.
Either they find the black smokey eye look-
- too bold or
- too stark or
- too dark or simply,
- too much!
Also, some of my friends who have small or deep set eyes also complain about smokey eye look. The stark black shadows may make small or deep set eyes look even smaller and like two black balls.
So I thought of this soft, black smokey eye look which will help brighten small/deep set eyes and also give that coveted smokey look.
Also the women who find the use of black shadow difficult can benefit from this tutorial.
I am using:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow in “Midnight Cowboy rides again”
- Maybelline Chai latte Quad
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Mascara
Tools you’ll need-
- A flat eye shadow brush
- A fluffy e/s blending brush
To finish the look, I have used-
- MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy blush in Soft candy
- Maybelline Watershine Gloss in Caramel Cream
1. This look is pretty simple.
2. Prep and prime your face. Apply concealer and foundation. Set it with a powder. I have skipped foundation. Using Maybelline Compact powder only.
3. With a flat concealer brush/fingers apply the primer on entire lid.
4. With a flat shadow brush, apply a shimmery cream/silver or any light coloured shadow on the entire lid right upto brow bone.
5. Do up both the eyes and blend to ensure even application.
6. Apply the Outer corner Colour from the Chai Latte Quad (Any dark brown Crease Colour) in the crease and outer corner, and blend well.
7. Apply a thin line with Maybelline Gel liner on the upper and lower lash line and smudge it lightly before it dries. Wing out the liner on upper lash line. You can also use liquid liner for this purpose. I have deliberately avoided the use of eye pencil, as the point is to provide a definition to the lash lines.
8. The lines will not smudge entirely, so will add definition. Gel liners can be blended a bit, So it will add the smokey effect.
9. Ensure a thin line on the upper lash line, So that the light, shimmery shadow is visible on the lid.
10. Do up both the eyes.
11. Apply the highlighter colour from the Maybelline Chai latte Quad in the inner corner of the eye.
12. Curl lashes and apply lots of mascara. Fill in your eyebrows and accentuate the brow arch.
13. The Urban Decay eye shadow is highly reflective. But it is also quite sheer. You can actually see my lids. You can use a more opaque shade if you like.
14. One more-
15. Finish the smokey eye look with a warm blush and nude, glossy lips.
I hope you all liked the smokey eye tutorial. 🙂
More Smokey Eyes:
Brown Black Smokey Eye Makeup
Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
Smokey Eye: Brown Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
Blue Black Smokey Eye Makeup (Video)
Silver Blue Smokey Eyes Tutorial
Smokey Eye: How to Get Smokey Eyes