WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
We women carry our entire world in our purses. It’s unbelievable how much stuff I dig out of my purse when I clean it up at the end of every month. Grocery bills, ATM receipts, safety pins, lip balms, and what not tumble out of my bag. I would be devastated if I ever were to lose my bag, it has so many good stuff in there! I was thinking about the essentials every woman should be carrying in her bag, actually it didn’t take much time to think, I just checked my bag and the list was ready 😛 You might be a working women or a carefree teenager, but these are some essentials that you just ought to have! If you don’t carry these things already in your bag, pick the stuff immediately, I say.
1. Pepper Spray: This is a must-must have. Every woman, cutting across all strata of society, all ages, should carry a can of pepper spray in her bag. Taking into account the unfortunate incidents against women that have happened in our country in the recent past, pepper spray for self defense is mandatory. Carrying a pepper spray will always give you confidence to face any threat and keep you safe from all harm.
2. Hand Sanitizer: I must confess, I carry two different hand sanitizers in my bag. With so many germs around, hand sanitizer is a must have, especially if you are using public transport.
3. Elastic Hair Bands/Clutchers: These come to your rescue when you just want to keep your hair off your face. Keep a few elastic hair bands and one hair grasp in your bag always.
4. Tampons/Pads: Hide away one or two tampons/pads in the small zipper section of your bag. Not only would these be helpful in an emergency, you can also give to someone who needs it.
5. Post It: It’s not possible to jot down everything on the phone. If you just want to make a list, take down a phone number, or want to remember something useful, jot it down on the post it notes. I always carry a small post-it note stack in my purse.
6. Pen: You obviously need a pen to do the job mentioned above, isn’t it 😛
7. Money/Wallet: Well, I need not mention this, every woman would carry money/wallet in her purse, I am just emphasizing it.
8. Makeup Compact: Carry a makeup compact with a good mirror to do touch-ups on the go. If there’s a mirror in the compact, you wouldn’t need to carry a mirror separately. Look fresh through the day with regular touchups.
9. Tic Tac/Mint gum/Orbit Mouth Freshener: Bad breath is a major put off. Sometimes when you are fasting, dieting, and keeping off food, your breath might smell really bad. Keep a pack of tic tac, gum, or any mouth freshener that could give your breath much-needed freshness. Also, after a meal, you would not want your friends to guess that you had Egg Foo Yung 😛
10. Lip Balm: This is another thing I really didn’t have to mention. You might already be carrying tonnes of lip balms already in your bag for soft, hydrated, and moisturized lips.
11. Face Tissues/Wet Tissues: Keep both dry and wet face tissues with you to feel fresh on hot summer days.
12. Band Aid: You would need them to cover up nasty pricks and shoe bites.
13. Small perfume bottle: Keep those small sample perfume bottles that you get as “gift with purchase” in your bag. Also, don’t forget to treat your bag to a few spritzes so that your bag keeps smelling great just like you.
14. Mobile Phone: Issued in public interest – always carry your mobile phone with you – no excuses.
15. Eye Drops: My eyes easily redden up after a dusty bike ride. It’s a bit embarrassing when people ask you why your eyes are red 🙁 I carry two eye drops – Ikul and Itone – while Ikul treats inflammation instantly, Itone cools and soothes eyes). Additionally, eye drops can reduce acne inflammation and reduce the size of pimples.
16. A small bag of medicines: I carry a small silicone purse with medicines that I think would not only be useful to me but to others also. Once when I was traveling, I fell really sick and someone offered me medicine without even asking. I still remember that gesture and carry some essential medicines like Disprin for headache, Ondem to stop vomiting, paracetamol tablet for fever, etc. in my purse.
17. Comb: To tidy up hair, those with frizzy hair would understand the importance 😛
18. Ear phones: To pass time if you are waiting endlessly for someone or to avoid a really boring person, plug in the earphones and play your favorite music on your phone or ipod.
19. Makeup Pouch: Keep a cute and small makeup pouch in your daily purse. This pouch can be loaded with your neutral lipsticks, mascara, eyeliner, oil blotting paper, lip gloss, etc.
20. Portable Panic Alarm: Such portable panic alarms can create high decibel sounds if you press them when in distress. These alarms are compact and available as key chains also. A total must-have, if you don’t have one, get it asap.
What’s your must-have purse item, please do mention in the comments below, I would be happy to add it into my purse 😛
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
20 Piece Makeup Brush Kit
Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 Foundation
20 Makeup Tips & Tricks
20 Best Anti-Ageing Creams Available in India
25 Things You Never Knew Vaseline Could Do
10 Things I Learnt From My 10 month Makeup Stint
5 Pairs of Shoes Every Woman Should Own
Must Have Pieces in Indian Women’s Wardrobe
Six Things That Every Woman Should Have
10 Things I Learnt From My 10 month Makeup Stint
10 Best Perfumes For Women
Top Ten Purple Must-Haves For Women
5 Must Have Skills For New Age Women
My Clutch Purse Collection
Top Stylish Clutch Purses You Must Have
Make Your Own Emergency Survival Kit: Do It Yourself