Did this ever happen to you that you wore a super stylish torn jeans and your mom fumed at you for buying a defective piece from the shop? Or you wore a capri and your relative screamed at you in the public place assuming you bought a pant, smaller than your size? It breaks our heart, when people around us do not understand the “F” of fashion or are too naive to appreciate it. When things like these happen, then the dream of ruling the world arises within us. Let us see the consequences, if the world was handed over to fashion lovers like us.
- Lazy bums, like me, would become more active. The desire to buy the right clothes, shoes, handbags and accessories from the right places would keep them always physically busy.
- Fashion shows would be like an international sport event, and like cricket or football world cup, there would be ‘fashion world cup’ held annually.
- Fashion shows would be held in arena.
- There would be a Noble prize for fashion as well, and the winners would be called ‘Nobel Fashion Laureates’.
- People would not follow all fashion trends blindly.
- People would workout or exercise more to fit into fashionable dresses. We would have more healthy people.
- Mothers would bang their heads on walls, or beat their chest if their children do not become fashion engineers or designers.
- Husbands would stop complaining about their wives spending too much money on clothes as well as other accessories. (What would they complain about then, I wonder!).
- Profession of tailors would have as much importance as engineers and doctors; their salaries would touch the sky.
- Wearing ‘maxi’ with dupatta would be banned, even at home.
- All the companies would hold annual meetings to decide fashion strategies for their employees.
- There would be a fashion head in every home, college and office, who would decide the fashion future of its member.
- A new computer game would be launched for children called “fashion co-ordination”, where they will dress up their favourite characters to improve their fashion sense, since childhood.
- People would be encouraged to mix and match, or experiment.
- Along with makeup items, the girls would carry an extra dress in their handbags always. Just in case, if they have to attend a party after work.
- Everybody would look glamorous and stylish, like our celebs, on the streets.
- Uncomfortable staring glances from passersby would stop.
- Non-fashionable person would be denied visa to any foreign country.
- Designer clothes would be available at vegetable price.
- It would be compulsory for the newly married brides to wear comfortable western wear, except on religious occasions. So that, no sasu ma would enforce ghunghat on her bahu.
- Just like in daily soaps, everyone would go to bed wearing expensive clothes and full makeup.
- There would be, literally, fashion police in every state that would be looking out for people committing fashion crimes.
- There would be fashion museums in every state.
- We would need costume vans to carry our shoes, clothes and accessories everywhere we go.
- Common people, like us, would invent new wearable styles almost every day.
- Celebrities would start copying street style.
- No plus size beauty would come back empty handed from the shopping mall as fashionable dresses would be available for every size.
- Everyone would have their own unique personal style.
- “Oh gosh! too many clothes” – nobody would ever say this!
- Fashion bullying would stop, especially in media.
- Every house would have a separate room just to keep their clothes and shoes.
- Shopaholic would become norm.
- Every nation would give awards like “Best Dressed Man of the Year” or “Best Dressed Woman of the Year” to its citizens.
- Men would be forced to dress up. They would learn to match their ties with their suits and shirts. Also, just like us, they would start taking too much time to get ready.
- All clothes, bags, shoes, accessories would be waterproof.
- Offices would grant four days of “fashion leave” yearly to each employee, just to update their wardrobe.
- Wardrobe would take the place of bookshelf in the drawing room.
- Government would provide sufficient free clothes to all the poor for every season.
- Every commercial building would have a changing room and there would be a Chief Fashion Officer, who would give fashion advice to people if they felt confused.
Moreover, fashion would be all about being comfortable and confident in what you are wearing. Also, it would mean freedom to represent who you truly are inside. It would be an awesome experience to live life like a fashion nerd.
Hope you enjoyed this short stay inside the fashion world, while it lasted. Please tell us what do you think would happen if the fashion lovers rule the world?
21 Things That Would Happen If Makeup Lovers Rule the World
Fashion Myths and Rules We All Must Break!
Breaking Fashion Rules In Style
7 Fashion Mistakes You Didn’t Know About
Essential Rules of Wearing Backless Attires
How to Wear Jewelry & Fashion Accessories
10 Types of Fashion Criminals We See Around Us
Biggest Fashion Fails of Hollywood Celebrities
World’s Top 6 Fashion Cities