Gone are the days when people used to only remove the hair from their arms and legs. In the era of crop tops and swimsuit, many women prefer having a hairless body and they hate to see hair around the tummy area. As the skin is delicate, there are a few things you must know about removing hair from that area. In this post, I will tell you about 5 ways to remove the tummy hair and also discuss its pros and cons.
1. Shaving: It is the easiest and quickest possible method. You can get it done under the shower within a few minutes at your home. You can do it at any time you want to. This is the best method to opt for when you are in a hurry. However, once you shave, you will have to shave often as this method does not reduce the growing back of the hair. As the skin is soft, you may end up having a few cuts. Many women also suffer from itchiness. Ingrown hair and razor bumps are also common and you need to be careful about that. Apply aloe vera gel to soothe any irritation that may occur as a result of shaving.
2. Waxing: This is the second most popular method and a cheap alternative. You can do it at your home or at a salon. As we generally do not have much hair on our tummies and as waxing removes hair from follicle, the skin stays smooth for around 2-3 months. It also makes the hair less coarse and thin. However. as the skin is soft, you must be careful. If the wax is too hot, you may end up having burn and rashes.
3. Hair removal Cream: This is also another easy way of removing hair at home. These products come in cream, gel, lotion or spray formula. They are inexpensive and hassle free to use. Often they are pretty moisturizing and leave the skin soft. If you feel that shaving makes your skin rough and makes the hair coarse, this one is a better option for you. However, regular usage of any chemical is bad. It can irritate the skin, especially if there is a cut. It may also make the skin dark over time.
4. Sugaring: This is a more natural alternative for waxing. It can be either in a paste or gel form. You can get it done in a parlor or learn the technique and do it at home. It does not need paper strips and is much less problematic. It is much gentler on the skin. However, just like waxing, sugaring also has same cons. Also, it can be messy and learning the exact process is tough.
5. Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis: These are FDA-approved methods for permanent hair removal. You can get it done by specialist or using good quality devices at home. It targets large areas at same time and hair growth is 99.99% reduced. However, you need to be careful about it. You skin needs to be prepared for this. When not done with caution, it causes blisters, scars, pigmentations etc. It can be expensive when done by experts as multiple sessions are needed. Another alternative is electrolysis which suits every skin tone and type.
7 Simple Ways To Remove Upper Lip Hair Naturally
6 Best Ways to Remove Body Hair Permanently
How To Remove Facial Hair For Sensitive Skin
8 Different Ways to Remove Unwanted Hair from Your Body
6 Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
How to Reduce Stretch Marks from Belly
10 Home Remedies to Lose Belly Fat
10 Great Ways to Tighten Belly
6 Rosehip Oil Methods to Prevent Hair Loss
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth