Today’s post is all about the natural essential oils that can do wonders for your skin. Essential oils have gained immense popularity all across the world for their simplicity, purity and effectiveness. Incorporating a nourishing essential oil into your daily skincare routine is one of the best things that you can do for the health of your skin. One of the biggest benefits of using essential oils is their anti-ageing effect on the skin.
Here’s an overview of 7 essential oils that are known to restore radiance, suppleness and youthfulness to the skin. If you’re looking for anti-ageing skincare, then these are the essential oils to look out for:
1. Lavender oil: Lavender oil is one of the most potent, skin-enhancing essential oils out there. Due to its high anti-oxidant content, it is known for its effectiveness against free radical damage. It is also especially useful in healing a range of skin conditions and cuts, burns and scars. You can also use lavender oil to effectively reduce age spots on your skin. The oil has antimicrobial properties and it is overall a great pick if you want your skin to be radiant, youthful and healthy.
2. Rosemary oil: Rosemary essential oil is known for its powerful antioxidants that fight free radical damage on the skin. Free radical damage is what is largely responsible for premature skin ageing, and rosemary oil is one of the best solutions to this problem.
3. Jojoba oil: A common ingredient in many skincare products, jojoba oil is an extremely nourishing essential oil. It hydrates the skin from deep within and is rich in many vitamins and nutrients, including Vitamin E, Vitamin B complex, silicon, chromium, copper and zinc. It is also very rich in iodine, which is a powerful skin-healing mineral. Jojoba oil is a deeply restorative and moisturizing oil that plays a big role in keeping your skin youthful.
4. Frankincense oil: Frankincense oil brings with it many skin-enhancing benefits and is a true “all-in-one” essential oil. It can effectively reduce age spots, sun spots, uneven skin tone, uneven skin texture, acne, blemishes, large pores, fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles. This highly potent essential oil is deeply moisturizing, and also has astringent properties.
5. Pomegranate seed oil: Pomegranate seed oil is rich in bioflavonoids, which is responsible for its natural deep red colour. The nutrients in pomegranate seed oil make it a potent natural sunscreen that protects the skin against the harsh effects of sun damage. You can prevent age spots, wrinkles and fine lines with the regular use of this essential oil.
6. Carrot seed oil: Another common ingredient in many face serums and moisturizers, carrot seed oil is known for its soothing and healing effects on skin that has been damaged by harsh environmental conditions. Restore soft, smooth and youthful skin by using carrot seed oil regularly.
7. Geranium oil: Geranium essential oil is known to work wonders on all skin types. It helps promote new cell growth, which makes it an excellent anti-ageing skincare oil. It also enhances circulation within the skin and protects the skin cells against environmental damage. Geranium oil also works as a natural humectant and helps the skin retain moisture and stay hydrated. It is also a great choice for preventing premature ageing in the under eye area.
Aroma Blends for Beauty and Skin Care
The world of Aromatherapy in a nut shell
10 Essential Oils that are Amazing for Dry and Ageing Skin
Kama Ayurveda Essential Oil Lavender
Aroma Magic Lemon Essential Oil