Avon Dew Kiss Sparkles Lip Tint Review
Lip tints have caught up in a big way in India, every brand is coming up with lip-tints of all sorts. I have tried the Oriflame lip tint in liquid form and it gives a tinge of color to the lips that stays on for a pretty long time. Avon has also introduced lip-tints with sparklers, which comes in a solid twist-up form. Out of the three colours available, I picked up two of them, Red Sparkles and Glittery Fuschia. After using them, I found them moisturizing and with a glossy effect, but with a less staying power when compared to the tints from Oriflame. Detailed review below.
HOW THE CATALOGUE DESCRIBES AVON DEW KISS SPARKLES LIP TINT:
Give your lips a healthy sparkle! These fabulous tints have pearl shimmer to give your lips moisturization with more color and shine.
• Provides a hint of color and glossy finish while keeping lips feeling soft and smooth.
• Feels moist on lips, glides on smoothly.
• Does not feel sticky. Has a light texture when applied. Gives a sheer natural luster.
PRICE: Rs. 149…..on offer, one for 119 and two for 199.
MY TAKE ON AVON DEW KISS SPARKLES LIP TINT:
My first impression after using the tint was that I felt it was a very good lip balm, something very similar to Maybelline’s lip balm in Cranberry. Avon’s lip tint and Maybelline’s lip smoothie have the same kind of consistency and give the lips the same kind of moisturization. Whilst Maybelline smoothie feels a little sticky after two or three swipes, Avon lip tint is not sticky at all. It just feels very light on the lips. Avon lip tints go smooth and sheer on the lips and offer a hint of color to the lips. Though, the sparkles are marketed in a big way in this lip tint, it’s not exactly glittery or shimmery; the sparkles play on the lips in a very subtle way and are not much noticeable anyway.
These lip balms…err sorry tints are best bet for summers and much lighter than those heavy lip balms from Maybelline and Nivea.
Here are some pros and cons of Avon lip tints:
PROS OF AVON DEW KISS SPARKLES LIP TINT:
• Contains vitamin E, jojoba oil, and aloe extract.
• Provides moisturizing effect to the lips without being sticky.
• Goes sheer on the lips and gives a hint of color to the lips.
• The sparklers in the tint are not OTT and do not glitter.
• Best for summer months when lip balms from Nivea and Maybelline feel heavy on the lips.
• Price is reasonable.
CONS OF AVON DEW KISS SPARKLES LIP TINT:
• Staying power is an issue, does not stay on for long like the Oriflame lip tints, which are available in liquid form, though this one is more moisturizing than Oriflame.
• Might not give enough moisturization in the winter months.
WILL I BUY IT AGAIN: Yes.
IMBB STAR RATING: 3.5/5…..-1.5 for less staying power.