I am obsessed with the fragrance of roses. Roses are so versatile and can be used in so many beauty recipes. They moisture the skin, help fight acne, nourish the scalp, work as a cleanser, toner and a moisturizer. In today’s post, I will tell you about some beauty recipes that you can make using rose petals.
Refreshing Rose Toner
We all have used rose water at some point in our life. I still do! Making one at home is super easy and it is better than the store bought one.
• 1 Cup of crushed rose petals
• 5-6 Drops of glycerin
• 3/4 Cup of Witch Hazel
1. Blend all of the ingredients together.
2. Strain the excess mixture.
3. Store in spray bottle and use in your CTM routine as usual.
• Glycerine is super hydrating for the skin and is very gentle. It works effectively on skin problems like acne and pimples.
• This toner also works as an astringent because of Witch Hazel. It has the ability of controlling excess oils and shrinking down your pores.
Lavender and Rose Bath
For that lovely fragrance and divine experience!
• Dried Lavender and
• Rose petals
1. Put the petals together in a muslin bag and tie the opening with a thread.
2. Let this sit in your bathing water for 10 minutes like you would let a tea bag and enjoy the relaxing bath. You can also add raw milk to the water for added benefits.
• Rose and lavender have a calming effect on the mind.
• This bath will soothe and relax all your senses after a tiring day at work.
Rose Petals Scrub
We all use rose water in so many DIYs. Who knew those tender rose petals could be used in a scrub recipe!
• Rose petals
• Ground oats
1. Soak the petals in water for around 20 minutes.
2. Make a mixture of crushed rose petals with ground oats.
3. Use this scrub to gently exfoliate your skin.
• This is a great exfoliating scrub that is really mild on the skin.
• Mixture of oats and roses help to keep the dry and flaky skin at bay and also help soothe the irritated skin.
• Oats have skin lightening properties and help to fight acne too.
Rose Face Mask
For skin as beautiful and flawless as roses!
• Crushed rose petals and rose water
• 1 tbsp Plain yogurt
• 1 tbsp Raw honey
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Apply it to your face.
3. Leave on for 20 minutes and relax.
4. Wash your face and see your transformed skin.
• This mask suits all skin types.
• It has all the goodness of roses. Roses help to lighten dark spots and nourish the skin.
• Yogurt and honey are extremely moisturizing and also very gentle on the skin.
• They also help to brighten your skin complexion.
Sunscreen with Rose Petals
Want to protect yourself from harsh sun rays and smell like roses at the same time? Try this DIY!
• Cucumber juice
• Rose petals
1. Make a mixture of glycerin and cucumber juice.
2. Dip rose petals in it and wait for 10 minutes.
3. Apply this concoction before heading out in the sun.
• Rose petals are rich in Vitamin C. So, rose petals acts as sun blocker.
• Cucumber has mild bleaching properties and can reverse the effects of sun damage to your skin. • Our skin becomes dull, uneven and patchy because of sun exposure, glycerin helps the skin to get that desired texture back.
So, don’t sit back now! Just grab all those roses and start pampering your skin this season!
10 Uses of Baby Oil in Beauty Regimen
Beauty Benefits and Uses of Nutmeg
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner Recipes
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes With Kitchen Ingredients
Khadi Pure Rose Water
Rose Petals, Sugar and Oil Body Scrub: Do-it-Yourself
Forest Essentials Sugared Rose Petal Lip Balm
5 Homemade Rose Face Packs
Face Pack for a Rosy Glow: Do It Yourself
Image Source: 1, 2, 3, 4