Today, I have got a shimmer powder for you all. My hubby’s birthday was on a long weekend. So his cousin came down from Beaverton for a couple of days. She didn’t just get gifts for her brother but knowing my love for make-up and cosmetics, she got a couple of things for me as well. 😀 This is one thing that she got for me. I have never used shimmer powder before, so I was really excited to get one. But when I looked at the shade, I was highly intimidated. Before I give up all the info, let us move onto the review.
Using 100% pure mica powder, these beautiful shimmer powders will provide long lasting, vibrant color without any additional filler that can often smear, crease, fade and even cause allergic reaction. Recommended by make-up artists and dermatologists, bellapierre shimmer powders are 100% hypoallergenic and are suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
USD 14.99 for 2.35 gm.
- Eyeshadow: Use any of the Bellapierre shimmer powders as an eye shadow. Simply use a sponge applicator or brush and lightly touch it to the desired color, then apply it to your eyelid. Choose a lighter color as a highlighter to apply above. For a matte finish use with Bellapierre Make Up Base.
- Cream eyeshadow: For a more dramatic look, use a damp applicator.
- Blush: Use a blush brush and lightly touch the tip into the desired color and apply along the cheekbone. For a more dramatic and matte look, apply with a damp makeup sponge.
- Eyeliner: Use a thin eyeliner brush, dampen and lightly touch it to the desired color. Apply under your lower eyelashes and /or over your upper eyelashes.
- Lip Color: First apply Bellepierre Clear Lipstick Base. Then, using a lip brush, dip it into the desired color and apply to the lips.
- Nail polish: Using clear nail polish, dip brush into the polish, then into the desired color powder, and paint on nails. Polish may also be mixed in a separate container for larger batches. Do the above with existing colored nail polish to change its shade.
- Tinted mascara: Using BellaPierre Clear or Black Mascara Dip Mascara Brush into the desired color and paint on eyelashes.
- Bronzer: Apply a dab of your favorite lotion (or even suntan lotion) in the palm of your hand. Mix a small amount your own colors in with the lotion. Rub on exposed areas.
My Experience with Bellapierre Celebration Shimmer Powder:
Bellapierre mineral makeup is 100% natural and paraben free. Also, Bellapierre doesn’t test on animals. 🙂 The Bellapierre Shimmer Powder in Celebration comes in a small sifter jar which is similar in size to the Maybelline gel liner pot. The sifter has a plastic seal over it which assures that the product is untouched.
Celebration is a shimmery bright golden copper shade. It is very smooth and goes on as smoothly as butter. It is very easy to apply as well. The shimmer powder is extremely pigmented and hence very little is needed and we have to be careful not to overdo the look. So, this little jar is going to last super long. Also, the shelf life is great, so you don’t have to worry about throwing away it quickly.
To use the powder, I just shake a little powder in the lid. While applying, it feels very creamy instead of powdery. There are so many ways to wear it. I have worn it mostly as a shadow, but this shade would also look great as a body shimmer, you just have to add a bit of shimmer to the body lotion and it will spread its magic. 😛 Since it is a powder, there is a little bit of fallout.
Also, it is easy to remove. My hand swatch was washed off easily with water and when I washed my face with face wash, it got removed easily from eyes too.
Pros of Bellapierre Celebration Shimmer Powder:
- Beautiful golden copper shade.
- 3 years of shelf life.
- Applies very smoothly.
- Paraben free.
- 100% natural.
- Cruelty free.
- Feels very creamy instead of powdery.
Cons of Bellapierre Celebration Shimmer Powder:
- There is a bit of fallout.
Would I Repurchase Bellapierre Celebration Shimmer Powder?
I don’t wear shimmer too often and also this is a very party wear shade, so this shade is going to last me long. Bellapierre Shimmer powders are available in many different shades, so I might pick another shade. 😉
Esprit Celebration Eau de Toilette for Her
Dior Celebration Collection Multi Look Makeup Palette
MICA Beauty Shimmer Powder in Bronze
Elizabeth Arden Shimmer Powder – Nude Shimmer
Colorbar Metallic Body Shimmer Miss Reflective
Estee Lauder Shimmer Powder Compact and Collectible Compacts
Essence Bronzing Shimmer Compact Powder – Bronzing Queen
Victoria’s Secret Dream Angel Heavenly Shimmer Powder