The Benefits Of Bacials
In case the term “bacial” sounds new to you, let me clarify that it is nothing but a facial for your back. So, just like a facial is a nourishing and clarifying skin treatment meant for your face, bacial refers to a skin treatment which is specially meant for your back. So, in short, it is back facial!
Why Go For Bacials?
Ideally bacials include steaming, exfoliation and moisturizing treatments to give you healthy looking skin on the back. Actually, it is just wonderful for you if you love to go backless or wear deep cuts to look seductively beautiful while revealing your lovely glowing back, but the fun is gone if the skin on your back is full of patches, tanned unevenly and is flawed in one way or the other.
Hence, a back facial goes a long way in restoring your beautiful back and helps to boost your self confidence. Most of the times, our legs and backs get neglected all the time and we fail to realize that these parts of the body are equally important and need equal attention. A bacial is a great way to show that you indeed care for your back.
How To Do a Bacial?
Since the back is a difficult area to reach for, it is better that you leave it to a professional who would be able to help you out with your back facial. Opt for a spa or a beauty salon of your choice and make sure that they are reputed enough so that you can rely on them. It would let you get a clean, radiant and gorgeous back which you can be proud of. Even dry and overstressed skin would benefit from back facials.
Here are a few steps that are included in general:
- Steaming – It helps in opening the pores on your back and softening the skin as well.
- Exfoliation- After steaming, an exfoliation treatment is meted out for removal of dead cells. Apart from dead cell removal, this step facilitates the removal of blackheads, oil deposits and whiteheads too.
- Moisturizing – A hydrating mask is applied after the dirt and dead cells are done away with.
- Additional treatments – Depending upon your needs and the kind of services offered in the salon, a variety of additional back facial add-on treatments can be opted for. Dermabrasion, bleaching, hot stone massages and relaxing back massages are some such treatments that can be availed.
How To Do Bacial at Home?
If you want to do back facial at home, it would be wonderful if you could take the help of your mother, your sister or may be a friend you are comfortable with. If nobody as such is available, make sure you invest in back bath tools like a back brush, back scrubber and a spatula that could enable you to reach your back. Moreover, a home-made back facial should be done once a week.
Now follow these steps:
- Clean your back with a body cleansing milk. If you have acne, try avoiding the application of cleansing milk. So, you can just take a shower and with the help of a sponge and some shower gel, clean your back properly.
- If you already have a body scrub, use that. Alternately, you can make your own body scrub at home. Here are a few ideas you may like in this article, Homemade body scrub recipes with kitchen ingredients.
- Apply a hydrating mask all over your back and wait for it to dry. You could use a mask of milk, almond paste and honey if you have normal to dry skin. If the skin on your back is acne and pimple prone, you may make a mask of neem and turmeric.
- After washing off the mask, a cream massage would be a perfect way to end your back facial. If skin is oily, you may like to go for two-minute gentle massage with rosewater instead of a cream massage.
Bacials: Tips to Remember
- Back facial is best left in hands of a salon professional.
- Pregnant women should avoid taking back facial as you may have to lie on your stomach for a long time.
- If you have any special needs, make your professional aware of it.
Beauty Benefits of Neem (Indian Lilac)
Skin Benefits of Yogurt
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Chamomile Tea and its Benefits
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
Health and Beauty Benefits of Emu Oil
Health Benefits of Tea
Health and Beauty Benefits of Orange
Health & Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil
Mango For Skin: Summer Beauty Benefits
Pumpkin – Health and Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefits Of Tomato
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
24 thoughts on “The Benefits Of Bacials”
wonderful article….i leave my bacial to my salon therapist, though i do scrub using a back scrubbing brush every few day, and let my mom apply a moisturiser… *in love will backless cholis*
ya, salon is the best option really! bt daily homecare is equally imp… Thanx Ritu 🙂
very nice article.. i’m so tempted to go to parlour right away n get my back pampered.. i guess it would feel heavenly to have ur back beautified n massaged 🙂
indeed riddhima! nothing makes u relax better 😀
Nice article Somreeta… I am so much tempted to het a bacial done for my self now 🙂
hahahaha!!! go ahead Sweta 🙂 🙂
nice article.. was not aware of bacials
thank you saranya 🙂 now dat u know, give it a try… 😀
BTW…is this cutie pie in the pic ur baby ????? shooo shhhweeet :*
Somreeta….very well detailed out article…..you covered everything that is related to a back facial….thanks 🙂
thank you so mch Jomol 🙂
I knew about it but was not aware of its name, thanks for sharing! nice article!
😀 u welcome Ila 🙂
never knew the “bacials”.. 🙂 🙂 as usual nicely written somreeta
aww….thanx Shami! 🙂 🙂
sooooo awesome somreeta. i thought this was a typo. I must so get this on my next time. actually it all sounds obvious but until somone really tells you, you dont realize it. seriously i find it super difficult to maintain my back even with back brushes and all. Once in a month or two months i should include this in my routine. a BIG thank you. 🙂
awww…..thank you Rati 😉 ya….1ce in a month wud b grt! even i wanna go for it regularly 🙂
thats so nice one!!! i just use besan+lemon+milk +haldi+ neem pack for my back whenevr i apply it on my face once a week but never considered a proper procedure..
wow…nice pack harvinder 🙂 thanx…i wil try out 2…
Another very essential task for every woman. Somreeta you have become an Essentialist in IMBB
hahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!! well Piya, dats like a great compliment for me 🙂 Thanx for the tag and for liking my articles so much 🙂 🙂 *hugs*
Very nice info thanx Somreeta… I have become a big fan of IMBB… Im getting lots of useful information from this blog really great thnx a lot…. : )
thanx Deva… indeed we r all big fans of IMBB … 😉
nice article Somreeta 🙂