Health and Beauty Benefits Of Tomato
The benefits of tomato are innumerable and diverse. Not only is tomato good for health, but it is also excellent for your beauty needs. Tomatoes contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Phosphorus, Calcium, Potassium and Iron. Tomatoes are available in every Indian kitchen and therefore, it is not going to be difficult for you to incorporate this magic vegetable (or fruit) in your daily life.
Health Benefits Of Tomatoes:
• They help in stimulating circulation of blood.
• They contain Vitamin K, which prevents hemorrhages.
• It has powerful anti-oxidants (lycopene) that help in fighting cancer cells.
• It is a superb blood purifier.
• Adequate consumption of tomato juice decreases the risk of stomach and lung cancer.
• Tomato juice contains potassium, which aids you to get rid of weakness and strengthens your immunity system.
• Tomatoes can be consumed to improve the texture of hair and skin.
• They contain Nicotinic Acid, which helps in reducing blood cholesterol. The lycopene content cuts down cardiovascular risks, and thus, equips you against heart ailments.
• It is endowed with natural antiseptic properties and it is helpful in protecting you against infection.
• It contains Vitamin A which is very good for your eyes.
• It helps in fighting liver congestion.
Beauty Benefits Of Tomatoes:
• Tomato is an outstanding cleansing agent. Application of tomato juice on skin daily for ten minutes would help you to get rid of impurities. The Vitamins (A and C) in tomato would revitalize dull skin and impart radiance.
• Tomato juice is an effective treatment for acnes. Application of tomato juice on the affected area for fifteen minutes regularly would help you treat acnes at home.
• They help to retain the moisture content in your body and thus, it keeps your skin hydrated.
• Placing tomato slices or tomato pulp on oily skin would control sebum secretion and thus reduce the attack of pimples.
• Apply tomato paste on your scalp and hair to neutralize bad odors. Just apply tomato paste for twenty minutes and your hair and scalp would be squeaky clean.
Beauty Applications and Tips With Tomatoes:
• Milk Cleanser- Take the juice of freshly mashed tomato and mix it with milk. After washing your face with plain water, apply the mixture on your face and leave on for ten minutes. Rinse. You can store the mixture in refrigerator.
• Lime Blend (to shrink open pores) – Mix fresh tomato juice with lime juice and apply it on your face. Massage your skin gently and leave it on for fifteen minutes. Rinse. It helps to shrink open pores on your skin.
• Honey Blend (to get a healthy glow) – Mix honey with tomato juice. Apply it on your skin and wait for fifteen minutes. Rinse with trepid water. It helps in brightening dull skin.
• Yoghurt Pack (to soothe skin) – Mix the pulp of tomato with yoghurt and apply the mixture on your face. Wait for twenty minutes and rinse. This pack helps to soothe irritated and sun-burnt skin.
• Lemon juice Blend (to lighten skin color) – Mix tomato juice and lemon juice together and apply it on your skin. Since both lemon and tomato have bleaching properties, the mixture helps to lighten your skin color naturally.
• Sugar Scrub (to remove dead skin cells) – Cut the top portion of a tomato and dip it in sugar. The sugar granules would stick to the surface. Now, use it to scrub your face gently. Since the scrub is not at all harsh, you can use it for your weekly skin care regimen.
Alternately, you can make a smooth paste of tomato pulp and add adequate sugar to it. Use this mixture as a facial scrub to reveal smooth skin.
Health & Beauty Benefit of Papaya
Water : Health & Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefit of Orange
Health and Beauty benefit of Coconut Oil
Pumpkin – Health and Beauty Benefits
Health & Beauty Benefit of Rose Oil
Skin Care Benefits of Avocado
Mango For Skin: Summer Beauty Benefits
Apple Cider Vinegar Review, Uses
Health Benefit of Dark Chocolate
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Natural Beauty Benefit of Honey
Beauty Benefit Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
10 Health Tips Using Water
Organic foods and Their Benefits
11 Beauty Applications of Olive Oil
Health Benefits of Tea
36 thoughts on “Health and Beauty Benefits Of Tomato”
I love tomato juice!! It’s my favorite!!!!
really a nice thing to call ur favorite Monica 😉 😉 both for beauty and for health!!!
La Tomatina Post…. :pissedoff: (juss trying to show tomato in the emoticon.. :toothygrin: )
LOL shilpa!! how about using :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: as a tomato emoticon????
Thought of that emoticon too…but preferred pissed off over devil… :toothygrin:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: chalo then, this one for the time-being 🙂
i just take the tomatoes, slice into two and just rub it on my skin.my skin glows and doing this routine for the past one month there is no sign of pimple on my face.
even my sis who had a really bad acne problem she even did the laser thing on her face but it didn’t help her,but after including tomatoes she just can’t stop praising about it.
good to know that rukhsar 🙂 i have already mentioned abt the pimple and acne thing and great that we already hav som1 who has been benefited :toothygrin:
I always apply tomato juice on my face whenever i am cooking with tomatoes :yahoo: will def try the lemon and sugar scrub! Thank you!
hope u like them Parita 🙂
somreeta i sometimes rub tomato directly on my face. I will try it with milk sometimes. thankoo… :-*
Sure Rati 🙂
very nice tips but somreeta, whenever i try it on my face, i get severe rashes on my face and even pimples though I have normal to dry skin, god knows why? on my friends i have seen it works wonders ! will tell my friends for sure ! :thumbsup:
if thats so, dont use it Taps!! actually its like lemon….often doesnt suit some people but is effective on most users!!
same with me som…..actually when i mixed the tomato with milk the smell was intolerable….. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: i have pigmented skin and tomatoes can do wonders i’ve heard…..but i still have very rarely used them :struggle: :struggle:
well kanika, if u too have suffered from rashes and iritaion like Taps, i think its allergic contact dermatitis! actually, few people do have probs like this…… 🙁 do u find similar probs with lemon juice application too?
yes som…..my face goes itchy and rashy……nothing happens even if i eat a zillion tomatoes…..but when used like juice and kept for sometime on the face there aurely is some redness 🙁
Nice tips Somreeta.
:thanks: for the post.
Thank u Dee :teddy: :teddy: :teddy:
Awesome post…and awesome tips…will definitely try… :thanks:
hi Richa :thanks:
nice tips somreeta, i want to try the sugar scrub :))
hope u like it Vid :woot:
very nice tips Somreeta! I love tomato juices and very rarely apply tomato on my face- but i eat it everyday. 😀
now will try the lemon blend and milk wala tips….
Hey Bee…. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Somreeta…I love tomatoes….I just include them in every thing possible…..even in bhindis and rati and rads were teasing me that no one uses tomatoes in bhindi :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:
hehe…BTW Jomol, even i havnt heard of this tomato and bhindi recipe 😛
Tamatari bhindi… :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
Reciepe for tomoto juice plz..
hi gurpreet!! u can check out the following links 🙂
very helpful tips :thanks: