Beauty Benefits Of Indian Neem
Indian Neem is known to have countless benefits. An active ingredient in many a skin care as well as hair care product, neem has healing properties proven by science. Neem has a wide range of application in beauty treatments and you can use it effortlessly in your daily beauty regime. It is available mainly in three forms; namely, neem leaves, neem powder and neem oil. It is an excellent herb that helps to treat not only skin problems but also scalp and hair problems effectively and safely.
Neem For Skin: Easy Beauty Tips
• Neem oil for blackheads: If you have blackheads, apply neem oil directly on the area; this will help to reduce your problem to a great extent.
• Neem leaves for acnes: Make a paste of neem leaves and turmeric. Apply this pack on your face to treat eruptions, acnes and marks left by acnes.
• Neem-Yoghurt pack for sebum control: If you are suffering from excessive oil secretion, try applying neem powder combined with lemon juice and yoghurt. This will reduce bacterial attacks and excess oil on your face.
• Neem-Rose Petal pack to get smooth complexion: For getting a clear complexion and glowing skin, free from that oily and greasy look, you may try out this pack. Combine neem powder with yoghurt, rose petal powder and milk. Once it forms a smooth paste, apply it on your face and neck. Wait for fifteen minutes and then rinse with rose water. If you do not have rose water at home, you can wash off with plain cold water.
• Neem pack to prevent excessive dryness: Mix neem powder with water and add some grapeseed oil to this mixture. This mask should be applied on face to check extreme dryness.
• Neem-Tulsi face pack for pimples: Take neem leaves and grind them. Alternately, neem powder can also be used. Combine one spoon of neem with tulsi powder and add rose water to form a thick paste. Apply on your face and relax for thirty minutes. Rinse with plain water. This pack is effective in treating pimples naturally.
• Neem-Cucumber pack to treat pimples and acnes: A cucumber and some neem leaves should to be crushed. A fine paste is to be made. Add some turmeric powder and water to the paste. Apply on your face and leave it on for thirty minutes. Rinse with water.
Neem For Hair: Easy Beauty Tips
• Neem to treat scalp problems and hair loss: Boil one cup of fresh neem leaves in water. Use it as a hair rinse after shampooing. The antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties of neem help to treat scalp acnes, itchy scalp, dandruff and hair fall efficiently.
• Neem oil for hair growth: Neem oil is helpful in promoting blood circulation in your scalp. Use neem oil for massaging hair roots to promote hair growth and solve thinning hair problems. Use a neem based shampoo as well.
• Neem pack for dandruff: Mix neem powder with water and apply on your scalp by massaging gently. Keep for about one hour and shampoo. This pack is particularly good for oily scalp.
• Neem for deep conditioning: Mix neem powder with amla powder, reetha powder and shikakai powder. Apply this pack on your hair. Apart from conditioning your hair, neem’s antiseptic properties would keep scalp problems at bay.
Neem Beauty Benefits: Fast Facts
• To purify your system and get glowing hair and skin naturally, take neem capsules daily or chew a couple of neem leaves. Taking neem internally boosts the immunity system.
• Take bath in neem water daily for countering mild infections and keep rashes and eruptions at bay.
• Neem oil is effective if you want to get rid of lice, dandruff, premature graying of hair, eczema and psoriasis.
• Neem has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-parasitic properties. That is why, neem is efficient in treating a variety of beauty problems.
• Neem has exfoliating properties and it is wonderfully suited to cater to the needs to oily skin.
• It soothes irritated skin and relieves itches and dryness.
• It is widely available in the Indian market at cheap rates. Beauty treatment with neem is easy and cost effective.
Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser Kashmiri Saffron & Neem
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Health and Beauty Benefits of Orange
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Himalaya Neem Face Wash vs Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Wash
Himalaya Neem Foaming Face Wash and Ayur Exfoliating Strawberry Scrub
Everyuth Naturals Neem Face Wash
79 thoughts on “Beauty Benefits of Neem (Indian Lilac)”
i’ll try the neem rose petal pack… to glow my skin :))
sure Sugisoni! hope dat helps :high5:
I dont have any neem tree near my home. :(( do we get neem powder or something?
awesome tips somreeta. i guess neem cucumber pack would be the easiest thing for me to do. bt i wonder where will i get neem from. 🙁
rati u get neem powder…i have seen it…if i see ..i will buy and send it to you…:)
btw if you have some good old phool wala, who gives pooja ke phool for day to day use, chances are he keeps neem leaves also. check that out.. but neem does smell pretty strong.
Awesome tips, am saving this page, will try the tips for sure!I have neem tablets , I dissolve that in hot water and use, excellent thing!
Thanx Tapaswini! 🙂 I think neem tablets r better options than chewing neem leaves :yuck:
Great tips Somreeta! :waytogo: got to find neem powder now..loved the face packs! surely gonna try them :thanks:
Oh…near my house, we have so many neem trees here and neem leaves r so easily available in the vegetable market as well since bengalis often eat fried neem leaves (i dont..its bitter) ! I wish i could send u some 😕 Ya..u get neem powder easily in cosmetic shops. i think u get it from Banjaras and several other brands 🙂
RATI! this one was for you!
I’ll check that somreeta thanks. 🙂 Bt i ahve never checked at vegetable shops. guess i must. 😀 Thankoo :puchhi:
hahaha!! Not sure in Delhi veggi shops but in kolkata, u get it for sure! but do check it out! u never know 🙂
hey..thanks for the info!
Ya….Parita! By the time i answered for Rati, i found u too had asked related stuff 🙂 And thanx for liking the tips :thanks:
I need to go on Neem Hunt right away :phoolan: :phoolan: :phoolan: :phoolan: :phoolan: :phoolan: have terrible hair fall these days 🙁
all the best Shivani for ur neem hunt mission!! lol 😆 :specs: :specs:
thanks somreeta …………….i will check neem oil for my hair :pigtail: ………but who can chew neem leaves :nababana: :nababana: :ghost2:
Hi Sim 🙂 I know! its bitter like hell 🙁 I cant eat fried only! :yuck:
can you pls. tell me where can i get from Neem oil……….. ?:) ?:)
U get it from Ayur Naturals and Parker as far as i know! U can also look for neem essential oil in your cosmetic shop or departmental stores 🙂
is neem oil available in any brand?
bolo na bolo na Somreeta :pompom: :pompom:
dats so sweet way of asking Sim :-*
:thanks: will check :specs:
yup..and in course of your hunt, if u come across any better option of brand, do lemme know 🙂 comment here and i will check 🙂
Rati Baidyanath ayurveda has neem oil, I have used, check out info from http://www.baidynath.com
:thanks: Tapaswini :puchhi:
dats a piece of info for me Taps:) thankewwwww
Jiva Ayurveda also has neem shampoo, great one !
okay! Is that good for oily scalp and dandruff? have u used it?
Yess I have used when I had dandruff, it effectively cured dandruff and mostly scalp pimples that I used to get!
Check these two sites, you will find detailed info!
wow Tapaswini! sounds so good! where do u get it in Kolkata? is it available in the shops in general?
No Somreeta I order online, they have option of cash on delivery thing, so I never have any problem! You wont find anywhere in kolkata dear!
oh! then i too wil try dat out! i just hope they r ready to deliver it here..i mean i live quite in the interiors na 🙁
Yess Somreeta even I stay at extreme north of Kolkata, and when they can deliver products at extremes of siliguri why not your place, they have the best service, you get products after 5 days of ordering, so I love it, I assure you wont have any probs in ordering, another thing the price of products are in dollars once you check out and opt for option India all price would be converted to rupees and the product price would be decreased to a great extent, by the way for your info wanted to tell, neem shampoo price is Rs 175 for 240 ml, and rs 110 for 120 ml, price of neem tablets is Rs 61 for 120 tablets, happy shopping! :))
Lov u Tappu for all these info 🙂 wil surely check out!!! :puchhi:
:-* I would be happy if my info helps you dear!
i love neem…it cured my terrible acne last year wen nothing else worked ……..
grttt article somreeta 🙂 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ya Nupur..neem is great! I tried the rinse for my hair! its very good but OMG! it smells horrible when u boil the neem leaves in water!!! :yuck: :yuck:
o ho one more neem use …………….dusht padosi ko pareshaan kane me bhi neem helpful hai :jiggy2: :jiggy2:
hahaha Sim! gharwale, baharwale..padosi and tum khud..sab pagal ho jaega!
i havent tried it for washing hair.will try now …..
i just crush 4-5 leaves of neem and apply the paste on my acne affected part…….
it works really well 🙂
ya Nupur..i have also tried it for my pimples and acnes 🙂 good!
i will def try neem for my hair…am so irritated with my dandruff..its just not going even after doing lot of mehnat…. :weep: :weep: :weep:
yes Priya..it is good 🙂
Rati my comment waiting for moderation!
We have this huge neem tree near our house wonder why I never thought about that :X-P: :X-P:
I am definitely going to try these tips now :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom:
Food for thought Ritika! 😉
Never knew neem’s called indian lilac!! hehe :whistle: gr88 post somreeta!
Thanx Sukanya 🙂
Neem is indeed very effective for acne and pimples. I mix neem powder with multani mitti+sandalwood powder+ rose petal powder with a pinch of turmeric and this pack really helps in clearing out pimples and evening out the complexion. Nice post Somreeta!
Hi Ankita! :thanks:
Another great article…neem works really well for pimples. :yes:
thankoooooo AyeDee! BTW..such a sweet zoozoo pic :heart:
Thnks for the article & reminding of various benifits of something easyily available like Neem.
Thanx for liking it Mamta :toothygrin:
Hey Nice writeup…I just got a Neem oil from the Chemist…and thought IMBB must have something related to it and lo… I got your article..vaise I have used Neem leaves boiled in water to treat my son’s rashes..n they got healed completely! :thanks: for the lovely and informative writeup