WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Ever since my childhood, I have always detested papaya. I never liked the way it smelt and tasted. Though I have met many people who just love this fruit, somehow I never developed a liking for it. I do know that this yellow fruit is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C, fibre content, potassium and other minerals, anti-oxidants , some enzymes etc. It was recently that i came across an article, which changed my view. Not just health benefits but this fruit also finds lots of applications in cosmetic industry from lip balms to shampoos, you will find many cosmetic products with papaya extracts.
So if you too have been like me- hating, detesting papaya all your life- I give you reasons to reconsider your choice.
• Papaya seeds and leaves are useful in treating intestinal worms found in the body.
• Papaya helps prevent constipation and also aid in digestion. Papaya contains the protein called papain which is a digestive enzyme that helps in natural digestion process.
• Papaya cleans the stomach and studies have shown that papaya alone eaten for 3 to 4 days has a highly beneficial tonic effect upon the stomach and intestines.
• Papaya juice helps in alleviating infections of the colon by clearing away the infection, pus and mucus. Regular consumption will help in improving the problem.
• I read in many research papers, that skin and pulp of the fruit can be also used for external wounds including surgical incisions.
• Papaya is low in calories and high in nutritive value hence it is an excellent food for those on a diet. 100gms of papaya is just 32kcal 🙂
• Regular consumption of papaya helps to relieve morning sickness and nausea.
• Eating papaya is good for eyesight. So ladies, to reduce the risk of age related macular degeneration which is the primary cause of eyesight loss in old age to ensure that you have 3 serving daily.
• The highly concentrated potassium makes this fruit anti dote for hyper tension. It keeps blood pressure in check and also good for improving mental alertness.
• Papaya provides protection against heart disease like atherosclerosis. Being rich in anti-oxidants, the fruit prevents oxidation of cholesterol. Cholesterol as we all know, on oxidation gets accumulated on the blood vessels well and forms dangerous plaques. These plaques cause heart strokes and heart attack.
• Papaya has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-cancerous properties. The anti-inflammatory properties in papaya will help reduce pain for those suffering from arthritis, edema and osteoporosis.
• Papaya is very good for those who frequently suffer from cold, cough or flu because dietary intake of papaya boosts the immune system. The high concentration of Vitamin C and Vitamin A contained in papaya is very beneficial to strengthen the immune system.
• Raw papaya also helps in reducing menstrual irregularities for women. Papaya helps to ease the condition by promoting natural flow of menstruation.
• Despite being a sweet fruit, papaya is recommended to diabetic patients.
Considering the properties that this fruit has, it’s not just good for consumption but can also be moved to your beauty shelf
• Papaya is very good for our skin. Since it contains enzymes like papain , on exfoliation, dead skin can be removed.
• The anti-oxidants prevent wrinkles and pre mature aging of skin, so youthful you 🙂
• Raw papaya when applied on face, helps us say bye-bye to pimples, blemishes and all those awful spots.
• A face pack made of ripe papaya and milk cream is recommended for people with dry skin.
• It protects our skin from ultraviolet radiation. Basically it acts as a natural sunscreen.
• It lightens the skin tone.
So beautiful ladies, i hope that i gave you good enough reasons to get that fruit in your basket the next time you go to reliance fresh.