I purchased this bottle in the shopper’s stop. I was passing from the Chambor counter & this cutie caught my attention. It was love at a first sight. I didn’t even know what it was & decided to buy it. So….it was an eye & lip make up remover and price was Rs.825 for 120 ml bottle. Frankly speaking I didn’t need it as I already had eye makeup remover. And it is costly!!! But love is blind, isn’t it? So finally I bought it against my better judgment.
It comes in a clear plastic bottle with a steel cap. It is a biphasic fluid that means it is a mixture of water & oil based liquids. If it’s standing still then both get separated and the shiny clear fluid floats and the transparent sea blue one settles down. It looks so cute!
You have to shake it to mix both liquids before each use. And it becomes even cuter!!
Ingredients: Aqua(water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Coco-caprylate/Caprate, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbet, Sodium chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Pentylene glycol, Malachite Extract, Potassium chloride, Diethylhexyl syringylidenemalonate, Benzophenone-4, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sodium hydroxide.
After mixing it looks like this
What does Chambor claim:
Chambor eye & lip make up remover for waterproof make up.
A bi-phased formula to quickly remove all eye & lip make up, even heavy or waterproof. Shake well before use. Take 3 ml product on to a cotton pad and wipe gently over eye-lids, lashes or lips without rubbing. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist tested.
Usually I only apply eyeliner, kajal hence I use fresh ear bud instead of cotton pad to remove eye makeup. I take 2 -3 drops on one side of ear bud and remove the liner & kajal and use the other dry side of bud to clean the oil & residues. Use separate ear bud for another eye. It leaves some oil after use. Hence I wash my face with water which removes all the oil.
For lips again 2-3 drops on cotton pad is enough.
I have tried it with full eye makeup (kajal, water proof eyeliner, mascara & eye shadow) & small amount on cotton pad (3 ml is not needed) has removed it easily.
Pros of Chambor eye and lip make up remover
• It really doesn’t cause any irritation. No redness. No burning.
• It removes water proof eye and lip makeup easily & smoothly.
• It is very gentle, rubbing is not needed.
• It is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
• For me it is going to last for long time.
• This bottle looks damn cute!
Cons of Chambor eye and lip make up remover
• High cost! 825 rupees for 120 ml is too much. You can get eye & lip makeup remover of other brands at much less cost.
• The eye area becomes oily after the use. This oil does not cause any problem. But my skin is already oily hence I don’t like the idea of extra oil on my face. If your skin is dry then you will like it.
• If you wear full eye make up (i.e. eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow) every day then it is not going to last you for long.
• Some times it leaves some makeup residues (may be because of my ear bud use) but washing of face after removing makeup take care of it.
Will I repurchase it?
Yes. I like it very much. The cost is main problem but this bottle is going to last long for me. Hence it’s value for money. Definitely I am going to repurchase it.
Chambor Eye Contour Pencil Kohl
Chambor Hydra Max Cleanser, Toner and Moisturiser
Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye, Lip
ELF Eye Makeup Remover Pads
Avon Face & Eye Makeup Remover
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths
Lakme Nine to Five Makeup Remover