How is everyone?
I am reviewing something really fragile, beautiful and sense awakening?
It is the the great CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Eau De Parfum
Jacques Polge, Chanel’s house perfumer, created Coco Mademoiselle, and it was released the spring of 2001. It has top notes of bergamot and orange; a heart of jasmine and “morning rose petals”; and a base of patchouli, vetiver, vanilla, and white musk
Coco Mademoiselle is marketed to women in their 20s and 30s, leaving Chance to the younger crowd, and Coco and No. 5 to the more mature, I guess. Although Coco Mademoiselle is marketed to younger women
My personal favourite after having sniffed it once is the Chanel chance! Someday I will buy that one!
The dear Chanel No 5 too.
Marlin Monroe was once asked what she liked to wear to bed and the reply was Chanel NO 5!
Coco Mademoiselle comes in a full range of perfume (including Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum and Parfum) and body products.
Coco Mademoiselle is very feminine but not girly. It’s got a little bit of masculine hint to it and that is what makes it bold. Like a flowery scent with a twist, sophisticated, timeless, ageless, classy, elegant, sexy. You can wear it as a day perfume and night perfume. It is subtle and sexy at the same time it’s got the sophistication.
This is the sort of bottle and perfume that would sit on an antique dresser of a lady. She would like sort of own the most sophisticated stuff from the worldwide brands.
I’ll describe it a perfume worn by someone who comes from a inherently rich hard working family who has a taste for finer things in life.
Any Chanel perfumes for that matter are for finer ladies.
By that I mean if you are looking for a fun frolic fruity fragrance that would prep you up by a spray anytime during the day this is not it.
This is more of a class fragrance something if we would like to wear on a wedding or a night out or some special occasion at work!
A word of caution: this scent like many other Chanels I’ve tried and used can be easily overpowering. Spraying too much of it can be nausea tic as this does have a base note of musk to it.
According to Chanel’s web site, he “reaffirms the modernity of the young Coco Chanel, who overturned convention with the pure and simple lines of her inimitable style. Coco Mademoiselle is the fragrance Coco Chanel would wear if she were 21 at the dawn of the 21st century.
Coco Mademoiselle’s juice is housed in a bottle that is similar to Chanel No. 5’s legendary flacon. It is “bare and structured.” The eau de toilette’s bottle is considered to be abstract. It is rectangular and very vertical. Its cap is pearly white.
This perfume is by far the most expensive I have in my collection.
In India it’s being retailed for about Rs 7,100 for 100 ml’ Rs 500 for 50 ml, Rs 3500 for 35 ml. This is jaw dropping but hold on ladies. I would never ever not the age and budget I am right now get this perfume. This was a present from my boy friend (who does actually gets me most of my perfume stock) and even he being a smart ass got it of eBay for half the price approximately 50 usd in 2008. But even for 50 usd it’s an expensive Chanel! After all it is Chanel.
Pros of Chanel Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum
- This is Chanel! A pro in itself.
- 3.4 fl oz beautiful looking bottle
- Stays on for more than 8 hours
- Has a review rating of 4.5 and above on almost every selling and perfume review site.
- Does not make you smell like granny(as many Chanel perfumes, according to certain section of people do)
- A 100 ml bottle would last you more than a year(yes not joking one spray of it every day)
- I suggest using the lighter toilette version of this one, and the parfum for the colder months
- And here are some differences between the various concentrations perfumes are usually sold in
From highest concentration to least, the different forms of perfume are:
- Perfume, also called extract or extrait perfume, can include 15-40% perfume concentrates. This is the purest form of scented product and is the most expensive as a result.
- Eau de parfum contains about 7-15% perfume concentrates. This is the most popular and common form of perfume. It provides a long-lasting fragrance and generally doesn’t cost as much as extract perfume.
- Eau de toilette has around 1-6% perfume concentrates. This makes for a light scent that doesn’t linger as long as the more intense versions. It was originally intended to be a refreshing body splash to help people wake up in the morning.
- Eau de cologne is sometimes used interchangeably with the term eau de toilette. However, the concoction began as the name of a light, fresh fragrance mixed with citrus oils and was made popular by Napoleon. Some perfumers today have a version of this called eau fraiche.
Cons of Chanel Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum
- Ummm,the price big bad con!
- I thing I have the 2nd strongest concentration of this eau de parfum which is overwhelming at times when I use 3 sprays out of habit.
- Yes ,it is Chanel yes it the best reviewed perfume,it was amongst the top 3 selling ones and more but still this is just not very me smell.
- Out of all the 3 Chanel fragrances I’ve used coco mademoiselle and chance(I’ve used my friends) I think this is my least favourite
- For no particular reason this is just not very me. Am more of flirty floral light D&G blue, Victoria’s secret or a DKNY girl.
Over all I give it a :-* :-* :-* for the price and not being my best.
Now that you all have your scents straight, hope u all smell like roses all day.
Have you used Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Clinique Happy Solid Fragrance Pencil Review
- Types of Perfume: Perfumes, Colognes, Scents & Fragrances
- Eau d’Hadrien By Annick Goutal Perfume Review
- Chanel Rouge Coco 35 Chintz Photos, Review, Swatches
- Chanel Nº 5 Eau De Parfum
- Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick Review