Product Purchased by IMBB
I got one of my closest friends to pick up this gorgeous eyeshadow palette from USA. I am steer clear of shimmery and glittery products, but at close to 8 dollars, this 12 color set from City Color seemed a steal. In fact, I met Chayanti and a couple of IMBB enthusiasts after receiving this palette and everyone was blown away on swatching this. Now that I have your eager attention, let’s get started.
Intense Shine Eye Shadow Palette is sure to give your eyes the WOW factor. This incredibly versatile and fun palette comes with 12 metallic-foil shimmer shadows. The smooth, soft textures blend seamlessly, giving you endless possibilities in your creativity. Intense pigmentation adds bold color and shine to create exciting looks, or just to add a small pop of color!
My Experience with City Color Intense Shine Eye Shadow Palette Metallic:
Packaging: The palette is white in color with 12 shades. The sleek palette comes with a transparent flip cover, with the brand name written on it. There is no mirror provided. The palette looks pretty and is quite travel-friendly, but I doubt the sturdiness in case the palette falls from a height or hits a solid object. The cover shuts tight. There is a dual-ended sponge applicator provided with the palette. The back of the palette has some other product details.
Coming to the eyeshadows, you have to see and swatch it to believe it. The colors- my my! I was smitten by the vibrant shimmery colors and at this price point, there was no reason to refuse this palette. There is a little variation in the quality of each shade, so I will talk about them individually.
Top Row, Left to Right:
1. A beautiful moonlight silver shade. This has superb pigmentation and gives good intensity. However, this shade has fall out issues and shimmers tend to spread. Usage of primer is compulsory.
2. Shimmery pear green shade, which swatches beautifully. Good pigmentation. Not much fallout.
3. A deep grey shade with packed shimmer. It is a bold shade, but has fall out issues and shimmers tend to spread.
4. A unique shade between red, orange and pink. It is a gorgeous shade with minute shimmers. Quality of this shadow is good.
5. A proper golden shade. The kind you want for Indian weddings. But, it does tend to fall out and the shadow when layered on lids, looks patchy. Good blending is a must.
6. Shimmery pink shade, which is my least favorite in the palette. Applies patchy and lacks pigmentation.
Bottom Row, left to Right:
1. Midnight black shade with fine shimmers. This has brilliant pigmentation, not much fallout and looks amazing! Great for shimmery smokey eyes.
2. A deep purple shade. The shimmers are not in your face and look quite wearable. Love this shade. It has good pigmentation.
3. Lilac shimmery shade, moderate pigmentation, not the best in the palette.
4. Brilliant teal green with shimmers. Smitten by this gorgeous shade, however it lacks the desired intensity and has to build up.
5. Cobalt blue, perfect for creating artistic looks. Superb color, good payoff and intensity.
6. Another blue, this is more of an azure shade. I swatched it twice to get the beautiful color. Would have loved it if it is slightly more pigmented.
The brush provided is futile, as these foiled metallic shadows work best when applied with fingers. Brush doesn’t pick up the product properly, neither does it give the required intensity. Also, shadow primer is needed. I use my fingers to layer the shadow on my eyes and blend out the edges. The shadows blend easily, and the shimmers do not feel chunky. If you have oily lids, you would have concerns of the shimmers spreading.
The shadows don’t crease and last around 5-6 hours. They lose intensity and start fading in the later hours. This can suffice as a standalone palette only if you are going full on bling. Otherwise, you would need to use transition shades from other palettes.
Pros of City Color Intense Shine Eye Shadow Palette Metallic:
- Travel-friendly, sleek packaging.
- Beautiful color selection.
- Foiled shadows.
- Good pigmentation.
- Easy to blend.
- Doesn’t crease.
Cons of City Color Intense Shine Eye Shadow Palette Metallic:
- Shimmers can spread.
- Doesn’t work well with eyeshadow brushes.
- Fall out issues.
- Needs well prepped eyelids.
- No mirror and brush is useless.
IMBB Rating: 3.75/5
Would I Recommend or Repurchase City Color Intense Shine Eye Shadow Palette Metallic?
I find it as a good palette for the price with its dazzling colorful eyeshadows.
City Color Rose Gold Mousse
City Color Cosmetics Contour and Correct Cream Palette
City Color Contour Effects Palette
Faces Eye Shine Single Eyeshadow 04 Black
The Face Shop Chia Seed No Shine Intense Hydrating Cream
How Intense is Lakme Nine to Five Intense Shine Eyeliner?
Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Revolution Ultra Eyeshadows Eyes Like Angels Palette
MUA Professional Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow Palette
Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette