Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts, and while my skin isn’t in the same “volatile” state as it was before, I wanted a foundation that would give me enough coverage until my skin heals and at the same time something that wouldn’t break me out.
Clinique Superfit Foundation
I chose Clinique Superfit Foundation because (according to Clinque’s website )
- It’s high performance makeup that stays smooth all day, come stress or high humidity
- Patented formula uses new technology to wick away sweat and oil, keeping t-zones fresh, fit and free of midday shine or 5 p.m. fadeout.
- Wears 8 hours
- Is oil free
- For dry combination, oily and very oily skin
- Price : $21.00 for 30 ml.
My experience with Clinique Superfit Foundation:
- I bought the foundation in Golden Beige. For reference I am a NC40 in MAC.
- I have been wearing it for about three weeks now.
- It is medium coverage. On a coverage scale of 1-5, I would give it a 3.5 with MAC Mineralize foundation being a 3 and Revlon Colorstay Foundation being a 5.
- I apply this foundation with a sponge or my fingers. I don’t think it will work to well with a brush.
Golden Beige 29 was the shade I chose for my foundation.
PROS of Clinique Superfit Foundation:
- Buildable coverage. When you first put on the foundation it provides a medium coverage, but you can definitely add more on top for more coverage.
- Doesn’t break me out. I get tiny acne on my skin for MAC foundations sometimes; this didn’t happen to me at all with Clinique Superfit Foundation.
- Reasonable Price. The bottle is sure to last me 2-3 months even with daily application, so the price is very reasonable.
- Fragrance free. This doesn’t have a weird perfumy or industrial fragrance of many foundations I have used before. A welcome change for me.
- Don’t need a primer. I don’t use a primer under this foundation, it pretty much glides over my skin and stays there.
- Good staying power. It does live up to its claim for lasting for upto 8 hours. Doesn’t get wiped off in the middle of the day.
- Also does a good job of controlling oil during this time. Has a mattifying effect on my skin.
For skin levels 2,3,4. Dry Combination, Oily and Very Oily skin.
- Wrong shade. I know this is more of my fault, but I tried two shades Vanilla was the lighter and Golden Beige was a little deeper. In retrospect I should have gone with the Vanilla because Golden Beige seems to turn dark upon application.
- Which brings me to the next point- oxidation. This foundation turns a little dark upon application due to oxidation, it’s important that you try a sample before buying.
- Have to shake really well. The formula is such that you have to shake it really well before applying. I think Clinique mixes some pigment into their lighter colors to make them deeper, I once got a random swirl of blackish-gray…weird. But as long as you shake well, you’re good.
- Ghost face in photos. You have to watch out for flash when using this. My face comes out unnaturally white when photographed. Works fine in natural light.
- But this if you have oily skin and need a foundation that will keep skin break outs at bay.
- I will keep this and will alternate it with other foundations.
- Will I purchase again? I think so. Even though I’m not in love with this foundation, it does do a good job.
- I think I’ll always keep it for days when my skin isn’t feeling all that good. But for events it’s definitely a no-no!
- Quality 4/5
- Price 5/5
- Packaging 3/5
- Availability 4/5
60 thoughts on “Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup”
Is this too runny??
The article is by D. me made a mishtake..:((
Oh OK… D.. Is it too runny??
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
😀 😀 :laugh: You need to get some :coffee: and :pizza:
I know, drinking cocojal right now..My saasu maa hates it, she is making fun of me. 😛
Is that coconut water or coca cola?
Or something else…..?
Btw…only 4 weeks to halloween! What are y’all dressing up as?
It’s coconut water, D. 🙂
We don’t celebrate halloween here.. It’s only Radhika who would be celebrating it. she is planning to dress up as a vampire. Taking inspiration by watching Twilight and new moon. 😀 😀
I am very scared of her. 😛
I hate that thing too…cocojal….don’t you get real coconuts to drink the water from there?????
grrrr we don’t live in coastal area…:smug:
FINALLLLLLY something Delhi doesn’t seem to have!!!!!!
I actually like Clinique foundation.. I tried it at a store and loved it.. I’m not sure if it’s Superfit.. I have it in my wishlist and would be getting it soon 🙂
Do you remember if it was a glass or plastic bottle?
SuperFit and Even Better come in plastic bottles, the rest of their foundations come in glass bottles!
I think Gaea bought this one when she was in Bangalore..she was superimpressed after trying out the previous day 🙂
I wouldn’t call it “too runny,” but yes it’s definitely on the thinner side.
I would rank like this in terms of viscosity:
MAC Mineralize Foundation < Clinique SuperFit Foundation < MAC Studio Fix Fluid
Hope that helps….somewhat 🙂
P.S. where did your blog go?
Heyaaa , Priya,,, :-))
hehe…We can celebrate halloween here. Let us all get into the best halloween make up you can come up with and send the pics to Rati. A special post dedicated to “IMBB Halloween Celebration”, with pics of all the ladies who would get creative with their halloween make up can be posted here..What say all? 😛 😛 😛
Oh!! that’s fantastic…I am game :)) 😀 😀
You totally read my mind! This’ll be so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Rati you HAVE to do this!!!!!!
:jump: :jump: :jump: me in toooooo.. 😀 😀 😀 :dance: :dance:
Can’t wait to see what magic your create this time!
By the way I have a random question..are you from California?
No, I am from India, currently staying in Bangalore. Though I’ve lived sometime in New York and have been to California just once!! 😛
And you Too. 😀 😀
Ratiiiii…me no dress up as a vampire…me on Team Jacob 😀 😀 😀 😀
Hehe…You can put on make up like Leah’s !! :-P..I’ll try Vampire (Alice’s) look! :devil: :devil: :devil:
I like Alice..she cute…I am beginning to sound just like the Twilight crazies I used to scoff at :-(( :-(( :-(( :-((
no Radhika would so a she wolf makeup. actually she just has to arrange for hair… ewww eww!! :sick: :sick:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Heheheheheee…I hate you vampish S’pari..but know what..my hair is a mess so I would fit in perfect.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
And Rati can do Sonpari!! O:-) O:-)
Sonpari…errr?? I was planning to go all vampish..black and purr :cat: ples
Heheheheee you can be a vampish Sonpari 😀 😀
That’s a contradictory statement.. 😐
I never realized I needed to sound sensible 😀
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:
Radhika, we do get coconuts here…i am just a little lazy to go and buy them.. 😀 😀
I just remembered. :giggle: :giggle:
You “just remembered” you get coconuts there????????? Ok I believe you…sure sure you get coconuts there but you “forgot” :rotfl: :rotfl:
I shall dress up as an old, bald, fat, and hearing-impaired gentleman. Don’t know about others but it will scare my wife enough. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
😯 😯 😯
*packs her bags and plans to go visit mom’s home.” 😐 😐
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
We don’t have any Halloween characters in Indian mythology except for those rakshasnis like pootna. :tremble: :tremble: …
He he…we can take our serial’s heroines for reference then, like komolika!! 😛 😛 … Anyone remember any weird witches from Shaktimaan? :struggle: :struggle: :struggle: 😛
Ohh!! Pootna reminds me of boobbbs!! :quiet: :quiet: :quiet: :quiet:
Bad idea , cali.. 😐 😐
😛 😛 😛 …I was talking about her make up!!! :shutmouth: :shutmouth: :shutmouth: :shutmouth:
OKay :giggle: :giggle: O:-) O:-)
😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😮 😮 😮 :quiet: :quiet:
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :laugh:
Great review Devie, and also loved the dressing up idea..I think i will send out a look of Vic Becks 😀 Lots of tan/bronzer/bronzer/shimmer/heels/bronzer pretty much it 😀 and my costume is done :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
yayeeeeeee…. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: