WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts, and while my skin isn’t in the same “volatile” state as it was before, I wanted a foundation that would give me enough coverage until my skin heals and at the same time something that wouldn’t break me out.
Clinique Superfit Foundation
I chose Clinique Superfit Foundation because (according to Clinque’s website )
- It’s high performance makeup that stays smooth all day, come stress or high humidity
- Patented formula uses new technology to wick away sweat and oil, keeping t-zones fresh, fit and free of midday shine or 5 p.m. fadeout.
- Wears 8 hours
- Is oil free
- For dry combination, oily and very oily skin
- Price : $21.00 for 30 ml.
My experience with Clinique Superfit Foundation:
- I bought the foundation in Golden Beige. For reference I am a NC40 in MAC.
- I have been wearing it for about three weeks now.
- It is medium coverage. On a coverage scale of 1-5, I would give it a 3.5 with MAC Mineralize foundation being a 3 and Revlon Colorstay Foundation being a 5.
- I apply this foundation with a sponge or my fingers. I don’t think it will work to well with a brush.
Golden Beige 29 was the shade I chose for my foundation.
PROS of Clinique Superfit Foundation:
- Buildable coverage. When you first put on the foundation it provides a medium coverage, but you can definitely add more on top for more coverage.
- Doesn’t break me out. I get tiny acne on my skin for MAC foundations sometimes; this didn’t happen to me at all with Clinique Superfit Foundation.
- Reasonable Price. The bottle is sure to last me 2-3 months even with daily application, so the price is very reasonable.
- Fragrance free. This doesn’t have a weird perfumy or industrial fragrance of many foundations I have used before. A welcome change for me.
- Don’t need a primer. I don’t use a primer under this foundation, it pretty much glides over my skin and stays there.
- Good staying power. It does live up to its claim for lasting for upto 8 hours. Doesn’t get wiped off in the middle of the day.
- Also does a good job of controlling oil during this time. Has a mattifying effect on my skin.
For skin levels 2,3,4. Dry Combination, Oily and Very Oily skin.
- Wrong shade. I know this is more of my fault, but I tried two shades Vanilla was the lighter and Golden Beige was a little deeper. In retrospect I should have gone with the Vanilla because Golden Beige seems to turn dark upon application.
- Which brings me to the next point- oxidation. This foundation turns a little dark upon application due to oxidation, it’s important that you try a sample before buying.
- Have to shake really well. The formula is such that you have to shake it really well before applying. I think Clinique mixes some pigment into their lighter colors to make them deeper, I once got a random swirl of blackish-gray…weird. But as long as you shake well, you’re good.
- Ghost face in photos. You have to watch out for flash when using this. My face comes out unnaturally white when photographed. Works fine in natural light.
- But this if you have oily skin and need a foundation that will keep skin break outs at bay.
- I will keep this and will alternate it with other foundations.
- Will I purchase again? I think so. Even though I’m not in love with this foundation, it does do a good job.
- I think I’ll always keep it for days when my skin isn’t feeling all that good. But for events it’s definitely a no-no!
- Quality 4/5
- Price 5/5
- Packaging 3/5
- Availability 4/5