Today, I am going to introduce a liquid foundation which is unique and unique because it has 5 shades in a single bottle. :woot: How great is that? As we all know, finding the perfect shade is a pain most of the time, especially with the weird lighting in the malls. So, when I saw this, I bought it instantly, thinking I can play with different shades. :toothygrin:
Product Description by Revlon:
Create your perfect shade with the simple turn of a dial. Lightweight feel. Naturally flawless. SPF 15. Innovative bottle offers five shade settings, making it easy to fine-tune your foundation shade for the perfect match. Simply turn the dial to adjust shade from lighter to darker. Lightweight formula blends seamlessly into skin for a naturally flawless look. Available in a range of skin tones from light to deep. SPF 15. Oil free & fragrance free.
How To Apply:
Apply to cleansed skin after your daily moisturizer. Turn the dial to your desired shade and pump foundation. Using your fingertips or applicator, blend foundation onto skin, starting in the center of your face, forehead, nose and chin blending outward.
I don’t remember it exactly, but it was around 1200 for 30 ml I guess.
Fair/Light, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Deep, Deep.
Packaging and How To Use:
It comes in a small bottle with a pump dispenser. There are 2 sections in the bottle. One half is filled with medium shade foundation and the other half contains darker shade.
There is a dial with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 marked with 5 being the darkest. Just turn the dial to the required number and pump the foundation out. In the below picture, I have set the dial to shade 2.
My Experience with Revlon Custom Creations Foundation with SPF 15:
The formula is very lightweight and blends easily into the skin. It gives sheer to medium coverage without leaving a white cast. It has SPF which is an added benefit. It will not completely cover black spots and hence you need to use a concealer to hide them.
These are the swatches of the 5 shades:
As you can see, there is not much difference between the shades. I can hardly tell them apart, but one is definitely lighter than 5, that is all.
Below are the pictures of shade number 1 as I blended them onto my skin:
Pros of Revlon Custom Creations Foundation with SPF 15:
- Lightweight, glides on easily and do not settle into fine lines.
- You can select from the 5 shades to the one that matches your exact skin tone. You can also mix different shades together.
- Coverage is good. You can retouch it without the fear of looking cakey.
- Has SPF which is an added benefit during daytime.
- After half an hour of application, I can hardly tell that I am wearing any foundation.
- Since it is oil and fragrance free, chances of getting pimples are lesser.
- Did not dry out my skin.
- Pump dispenser is very easy to use, more hygienic.
- The darker colors can be used when you get tanned or for highlighting specific areas on the face. My chin is a little darker than my cheeks and I use a darker shade on my chin.
- One bottle can be shared with your friends or sisters with slightly different skin tone.
Cons of Revlon Custom Creations Foundation with SPF 15:
- Price is on the higher side.
- There is only a slight difference between the 5 shades and 5 is definitely darker than 1, but do not expect that you will have 5 completely different foundations.
- It does not give full coverage. Buy this only if you are looking for sheer-to-medium coverage.
- Since it is oil free, you should always moisturize before applying the foundation.
- It will not give a dewy finish, not much of a con though because the overall effect looks natural.
- Staying power is not that great, but decent enough.
Will I Repurchase Revlon Custom Creations Foundation with SPF 15?
Yes, but in “Medium” shade next time, since the “Deep” in “Medium/Deep” is a little too dark for me.
Revlon Photo Ready Powder, Concealer, Foundation, Compact Makeup
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose
Revlon New Complexion Foundation
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Blossom, Honey Photos, Swatches
Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara Waterproof
TRESemme Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation
MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation
L’oreal True Match Roll On Foundation
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15
Kaya Fairness Nourishing Day cream with SPF 15
Ponds Age Miracle Daily Resurfacing Cream with SPF15