WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi Everyone! This is my first review post here and I am super-happy to be a part of the wonderful, beautiful and somewhat crazy IMBB family 😀 😀 😀
A bit about myself: I just graduated from college in June this year and have been working in Delhi for the last four months. I don’t have any real bills to pay yet (my company provides food and accommodation) and so all my salary goes into clothes, shoes, junk jewelry , junk food , books, and most importantly, makeup and skin care products :D. I shamelessly confess that I have become totally self-indulgent in these four months and IMBB is providing fuel to the fire: P
I am a face wash junkie. Currently, I have 5 face washes. Any oily-skinned girl out there knows how difficult it is to find the perfect face wash that removes oil without drying out the skin totally and believe me, when I say oily, I mean I can set up my own personal oil-manufacturing company during summers.
Anyway, my review is on Shazema face wash from Shahnaz Husain product line. While in general, I am not a very big fan of Shahnaz Husain’s products because of their overpricing (and also because of her hair: P), this particular face wash has me hooked on to it.
Highly-effective face wash with anti-bacterial action, it is specially formulated for oily and acne prone skin. It contains herbal extracts, known for their powerful cleansing and healing properties. Removes impurities, reduces oiliness and restores the normal balance, leaving the skin clear, fresh and pure.
Purified water, stearic acid, glycerin, menthol, rosa centifolia distillate, Paraffinum liquidium, cetyl alcohol, camphor, clove oil, eucalyptus oil,potassium hydroxide,sodium borate, parfum,phenoxyethanol,methyl paraben, sodium sulphite,pentaerythrityl tetra-di-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, tetrasodium EDTA.
Pros of Shahnaz Husain’s Shazema Herbal Cleanser For Oily/Problem Skin:
- Controls oil without making the skin dry. It’s a cream-based face wash, no soap to rip your skin of its essential moisture. Surprisingly, even though its cream based, it leaves the face squeaky clean and totally oil free.
- I made an observation regarding the effectiveness of this face wash. For a few nights when I had run out of Shazema, I was using Clean and Clear and then teamed it up with Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer. When I would wake up the next morning, my skin would look shiny with a thin layer of oil on it. However, when I started using Shazema again, my face would be absolutely oil-free the next morning! This, I think, pretty much proves the oil-control properties of this face wash.
- The clove oil in it causes a tingling sensation while cooling you face. I think this causes the pores to contract. I have noticed that my makeup stays on longer and my pores appear smaller when I rub ice on my face before makeup. A similar effect is observed with Shazema, but to a different extent. The differences being- (1) Makeup stays on longer when Shazema is used in comparison to when ice is used alone. (2)Ice has a better effect on pores. So, now if I have an important event to attend and I am spending time to follow all the right things so as to look my best; I use Shazema and then ice and then proceed with the rest of my make-up (yes, only on occasions, if you knew my daily getting-ready-for-office-in-15-minutes routine-which is actually a big leap from my getting-ready-for-college-in-5-minutes routine, you will know why it’s a big deal for me 😛 ).
- When used regularly over a period of time, it improves the skin texture and even makes skin more glowy.
- Has reduced occurrence of acne, but hasn’t stopped them completely.
- Herbal cleanser.
- Has a nice, fresh, clove-and-menthol smell which I love, but some people might not like it so much.
Cons of Shahnaz Husain’s Shazema Herbal Cleanser For Oily/Problem Skin:
- Definitely the price. This product lasts for 45-60 days when used twice daily, which means you have to shell out 500 bucks every other month for a basic necessity like a face wash.
- If you are just back from a long day outside and all drenched in sweat and dirt; this won’t help clear away all the grime. I keep an alternate facewash like Clean and Clear or Jovees Tea Tree face wash to wash my face after I return from office. Actually, I use Shazema only before going to sleep and after waking up in the morning, when my face is relatively dirt-free, but I need to get rid of the oil.
- Packaging is not user friendly. The tub it comes in has a wide mouth and you have to be careful while using it. Also, the tub is made of glass, which for me is a great concern because I keep dropping things.
Do not dip wet fingers into the tub. The water breaks down the cream on your fingers itself and fails to “cut” the oil on your face. Oh, but it doesn’t affect the entire tub, just the bit on your fingers.
Will I Buy Shahnaz Husain’s Shazema Herbal Cleanser For Oily/Problem Skin Again?
This is my fourth or fifth tub. I will keep using this till I find something better or till I get bored, whichever happens first 😉
3.75/5, I deduct a mark for its price and 0.25 for its inconvenient packaging.
Shahnaz Forever Hair Oil
Shahnaz Forever Dry Hair Shampoo
Shahnaz Husain Herbal Kajal
Shahnaz Husain Hair Touch up
Shahnaz Hussain’s Henna Precious Herb Mix
Shahnaz Forever Sun Protective Cream SPF 40
Shahnaz Husain Oxygen Skin Treatment Cream
Shahnaz Husain Shaclear Skin Clear Anti Pimple Lotion
Shahnaz Hussain Softening Skin Wash vs Oriflame Silk and Cashmere in-Shower Moisturiser
Shahnaz Forever Moisturiser
Shahnaz Forever Rejuvenating Hair Conditioner
Shahnaz Husain Saffron Skin Serum
Shahnaz Husain Shatone Scalp Tonic
Khadi Sat Reetha Herbal Shampoo
NOMARKS Herbal Scrub Soap
VLCC Insta Glow Herbal Bleach
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
Clinique Comforting Cream Cleanser
Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser
Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser Kashmiri Saffron and Neem
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind for Combination/ Oily Skin
Biotique Honey Cream Soap Free Body Cleanser
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser
Avon Clearskin Foaming Cream Cleanser
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser
Oriflame Optimals White Foaming Cleanser
Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser
Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser
The Body Shop Aloe Vera Calming Cleanser and Toner
Amway Attitude Cleanser for Oily skin
Biotique Pineapple Fruit Gel Facial Foam Cleanser
Clean and Clear Deep Action Cleanser
Aroma Magic Turmeric Cleanser
Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser & Deep Clean Foaming Pads
Oriflame Essentials 3 in 1 Cleanser
Oil Skin Cleansers: How to Make Olive Oil Cleanser at Home
Biotique Honey Gel Lightening Foaming Cleanser
Cetaphil Skin Cleanser
Amway Artistry Essentials Hydrating Cleanser
Khadi Pudina Cream Cleanser
Mineral Powder Foundation for Normal to Oily Skin: Ask IMBB
How to Care for Oily Skin
Aroma Magic Enzyme Peel Pack Review: Oily Skin and Open Pores
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
Amway Attitude Cleanser for Oily skin