Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Hi All, today I would be reviewing this awesome product by Clinique which is Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief.
So how I came across this product is very interesting. I was visiting the MAC store at Select City Walk. The SA there recommended a blush and wanted to see how it looks on me. Since I had some make up on face, she used face wipes to clean it and just after 2 minutes, my skin started itching and for the first time in my life, I had bad ugly red rashes, my skin started breaking out and the itching became intolerable. The SA was clueless and she just dabbed my face with water.
After 10 minutes of me literally screaming with pain, the SA took me to the Clinique store opposite MAC. The store at that time was managed by Debanani Guha, who firstly sprayed lots of water on my face but nothing was able to stop the rashes from spreading and then finally the magic happened. She applied loads of Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief on my entire face and the first thing (and with one application) of that, I felt a little relief from the itching and I was surprised by the way my skin was drinking the product. It was like all gone in 2 to 4 minutes and the redness also reduced a wee bit. She then re-applied the product all over my face and I could feel a cooling effect on my skin and redness and itching had also gone down considerably. She repeated this process I guess 4 times over a period of 40 minutes and not only did the rashes and itching go away, but the result was a radiant face.
It’s like when you get those expensive facials treatments done and your skin looks smooth, supple and yes it glowsssss. I was pleasantly surprised at the way the dullness on my face was gone and in its place was radiance , glow and a healthy look on my face. Then the SA explained the whole concept of how especially in summers your skin can get extremely dehydrated and how this product works in providing the hydration which gives that glow.
Price: INR 1675.
Quantity: 30 ml.
My Take on Clinique’s Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief:
I absolutely loveeeee this product. It’s intended for all four skin types (1, 2, 3, 4) classified by Clinique. I have a sensitive skin which is prone to redness. So, this is like my magic potion. It helps to relieve the redness, especially in summers. I have always faced the problem of dullness on my face and this is the only product, which has been able to fix it. With this product, you can actually feel the difference in one application and needless to say, after a week or so, there is quite a bit of difference in the way your face looks and your skin feels fresher, smoother , plumper and way healthier. I feel its like comfort food for your skin. Once, after getting my facial waxing in winters, when my skin was extremely dehydrated, my skin reacted badly and got red and swollen. I applied moisture surge and voila the redness disappeared in a short while and the dry patches also felt smooth/better. It controls my dry patches in winters. On the SA’s recommendation I also use this product as a primer and I think it works beautifully.
Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady’s Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbedensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700) and Yellow 5 (CI 19140).
What Clinque Says About the Product :
Light, comfortable cream/gel plumps skin with hydration for a full 24 hours. Fine lines, flakiness and tightness are washed away. In their place-a sense of supple, firm, vibrant well-being, even through shifts in humidity. One ‘drink’ and skin looks and feels happier, healthier. Oil-free.
How To Use:
• Use daily for immediate moisture.
• For a mid-day boost, tap on over makeup.
• Use as a 5-minute mask: massage onto clean skin and blot off excess with a tissue.
Experts Tips From the Website :
• To refresh make up at the end of the day, pat moisture surge all over your face.
• Apply moisture surge before boarding a plane and re-apply thin layers throughout the flight for continued moisture.
• Before an important event , treat skin to a 5 minutes mask with moisture surge extended thirst relief, massage a generous amount on clear skin, relax and for five minutes, then blot off excess with a tissue.
• If you have been swimming in salt water or chlorine, Moisture surge is a good way to replenish your skin with moisture.
• Have a late night ? Smooth a generous amount of Moisture Surge on your skin before you go to sleep. You will wake up with skin that looks refreshed , rejuvenated.
• Rub moisture surge on cuticles to keep them moisturized during dry winter months. When you move from air-conditioning to warm climate or from heated environments to cool environments, moisture surge is a beauty essential it keeps skin’s hydration in balance for 24 hours.
I use it in the morning before applying sunscreen and at night before going to bed.
What I Like About Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
• It gives an instant glow to the skin.
• It is ideal for people with sensitive skin.
• A little goes a long way.
• It gets absorbed easily and leaves your skin feeling smooth and supple.
• It is lightweight.
• It is non greasy.
• Very soothing.
• Amazing hydration as it contains aloe.
• Gives immediate radiance and brightness to your complexion.
• The gel has an immediate cooling and refreshing effect.
• It heals and soothes irritated and inflamed skin.
• The gel formula of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief does not clog your pores as many cream-based moisturizers can
• Clinque does not test on animals.
What I Don’t Like About Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
• Not as moisturizing as creams in winters (this was not there in my case but some people might feel that).
• Every time you need to either use your finger or a Q-tip to take the product out from the jar.
• Expensive, but definitely worth it.
This product is truly perfect for all skin types. I have oily skin in the T-zone, and normal everywhere else in summers. In the winter, my skin is quite dry. I used this all year round last year and I felt the need to use less foundation as I already had a healty glow:)
I would totally recommend this product, but the results may vary from person to person.
I hope my review was helpful to all.
Image Source: 3.
Clinique Happy Heart Perfume Info
Clinique Workshop and 3-step Anti Blemish Solutions
Clinique Sun SPF 50 Face Cream
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
Clinique Comforting Cream Cleanser
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15: Clearly Pink
Clinique All About Eyes Eye Gel
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20
Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator- Natural
Clinique Anti-Blemish Spot Treatment Gel
Perfume: Clinique Happy for Men and Women
Clinique Fresh Bloom All Over Colour Review: Almond Blossom
Clinique 3 Step Skin Care System Review: Dry-Combination Skin
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector
Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector and Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner
Faces Moisture Rich Lipstick
Enchanteur Moisture Silk Hand & Body Lotion (Romantic)
Avon Color Rich Moisture Seduction Lipstick Review, Swatches
Avon Advance Techniques Moisture Sleek Smoothing Conditioner
Organic Surge Daily Care Face Wash
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 Info
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion
Vaseline Relief and Repair Balm