CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT LIP COLOR SPF 15 – ROSETTE – REVIEW
Name of the shade : 17 – Rosette
Shade description: Golden Rose
Color Group: Pinks
Price: Rs. 1,025
Hello everyone. Ever since Rati informed us that Clinique has opened a store in my city, I had been itching to check it out. I did so finally and picked up a few items…could I possibly leave out a lipstick from Clinique….that too in such an awesome shade like this….nooooooo!!!
From Clinique :
“High on colour, long on comfort. Dressed-up colour wears beautifully for 8 hours. And lips enjoy every minute. In highly moisturizing shades that continually smooth, soften, comfort. Protects from UVA/UVB, too.
• Coverage: Moderate to Full
• Benefits: SPF / Moisturizing”
These lipsticks come packed in a real neat cardboard pack with light green leaves on a light beigey background. The Clinique logo is printed in capitals with lovely silver letterings. The lipstick case itself really looks awesome and classy, being shiny silver in colour with even brighter silver rings in groups of twos going round the entire case 5 times. The top of the cap has a small round mirror on it. In fact, the lipstick case reminds me of a small torch light!
Now coming to the lipstick shade. It’s really as described by Clinique – a beautiful golden rose colour. It has a satin-frost finish, though the frost is nothing over the top, it just blends so beautifully with the lipstick, and it’s a kind of shade that I am so attracted to these days, as I find these are just perfect to go with any kind of eye makeup and any colour of outfit, as it’s a kind of universal colour in my opinion. I can wear it with a pink top, a purple kurti, a brown outfit, even with black, as it looks awesome with anything.
Swatched with 2 light swipes :
Lip Swatch :
Pros of Clinique High Impact Lip Color (Rosette)
– Super sleek and impressive packaging and lipstick case – great to carry around in your handbag.
– All Clinique cosmetics are fragrance-free and allergy tested.
– Contains SPF 15.
– Glides on super soft and smooth on the lips; creamy and moisturising finish.
– Moderate to full coverage.
– Lasts about 4 or 5 hours without touch-ups.
– Great shade for either day or night use, now that summer is here.
– The frost finish is so well blended into the lipstick, that it never looks too shimmery or OTT.
– Gives a rather, nice semi-glossy finish, in spite of having almost full coverage.
– Am really drooling over this shade in particular, and I think I have found my HG lipstick shade which can go with any kind of makeup and outfit.
Cons of Clinique High Impact Lip Color (Rosette)
– I have nothing to really contribute as a con, except that it is not an 8 hour wear lipstick, maybe because of the fact that it is so smooth and creamy, so it ‘slips’ off after about 4 to maximum 5 hours, and definitely needs a touch-up after a meal.
I was debating whether to buy the Clinique Butter Shine lipstick in Pink-A-Boo or this one which I chose, and am glad I chose this one (the Butter Shine lippies were too ‘melty’ and sheer for me, though they did look interesting). Regarding re-purchase, this shade (Rosette) will definitely be on my list as a back up. The Clinique SA told me that this was their fastest-moving shade here, and I was lucky as they just had one piece left!
Rating : :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*