Cosmetic Shopping Experience on Amazon
If you girls remember, I posted a query recently asking about Indian cosmetic dealers, from where we can buy stuffs online and the shipping also doesn’t cause a dent in your pocket. There is no doubt behind the fact that Amazon has always been a number one online shopping website and my experience while my stay in US was always good. I ordered my first digital camera, Sony handy cam, Yamaha synthesizer PSR-E143(the hugeeeee one), its bag and lots of stuffs on Amazon and received everything safe and sound, right on time perfectly. Now, back in India too the website would draw myself towards it every now and then. Best things that attract me towards it are millions of options available, deals to steal and intense customer credibility. I wanted to buy stuffs from ebay too, but my debit card didn’t work there after many attempts and then I dropped the option.
A month back, I received some gift cards from Amazon and hence decided to spend the money in experimenting my cosmetic shopping over it. After looking through all the tempting offers, I selected the following products:
- L’Oreal Color Juice Stick Sheer Juicy Lip Gloss ~ Watermelon Ice 215 ~ .5 Fl. Oz. (15 mL) – Sold by: American Beauty (seller profile)
- Dior Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick Front-Row Fig 914 – Sold by: Lipsticknet (seller profile)
Below is a pic of my order summary
The deals were excellent, as L’Oreal Color Juice Stick Sheery Juicy Lip gloss was priced for $1 only, and along with shipping it charged me $12.16
The Dior lipstick was for $20 and with shipping it charged me $35.20
I placed the order for both the products on November 27th, 2010 and received both of them together (from two separate dealers) on the same day i.e. on December 10th, 2010.
The packaging of both the products was indeed sturdy – typical Amazon standards. Both the lipsticks were wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap, stuck properly with cello tapes and then packaged in strong plastic envelopes. Below are some pics:
Needless to say, I was really satisfied with the work they do. For every product you can check the reviews there, and decide the one that is best for you. Even though the shipping for various dealers may range between 10 to 12 dollars for shipping to India, you can get excellent deals and get the stuff much cheaper if your play the cards well, while shopping on Amazon. For example the L’Oreal lipstick I got for just 550 INR (including shipping). Also, I searched the Dior Addict High shine’ s price on internet and found out to be for Rs.1700/- (it may be changed now). The Amazon rate along with shipping was much less and you may get good deals too. I’ve always loved Amazon for its amazing deals, and would definitely love to shop more on it. :-).
Below are some pointers while doing cosmetic shopping on Amazon:
- Whenever you choose a product, you can always see the dealer’s information and its shipping rates. The shipping rates and even the prices of the dealers may change a lot, and this information is always provided by the Amazon on the right hand side of the screen.
- For MAC, Estee Lauder and Sephora products, you may not find different dealer options, but their shipping rates are all almost same. The best thing is they always have some excellent deals for every season, so keep looking for the best price and grab it. I am eyeing Sephora make up kit next, I always wanted it and now may order it soon he he!!
- I shopped using my Amazon gift cards. If you have Amazon gift cards, then it becomes all the more simple to buy things – you just have to enter your credit card information and provide the gift coupon number. The amount gets recalculated and you are ready to check out!!
- Amazon does not accept PayPal or Maestro cards, and I think it doesn’t accept debit cards either. I used the credit card I had in US as it is still valid till 2012, and redeemed my gift cards. So, please let me know if anyone of you uses debit card for shopping at Amazon and gets success in it.
So, here are the pics of my Amazon shopping:
Both the stuffs with their packaging
The lipstick cover, I damaged the cover while opening it!
The lipstick case, I so much fell in love with it, the moment I saw it!! 😀
The lipstick shade Front-Row Fig 914
This is moi wearing it!! 😀 I am sooo much loving its texture and shade!! It looks dark and light in different lighting. Difficult to tell but I think this factor is attributed to its translucent texture. It looks dark in night light, but much lighter and translucent rose pink in daylight.
Now comes the turn of my L’Oreal Color Juice Stick Sheer Juicy Lip Gloss:
It’s a tinted gloss, very cute pink shade!!
Oh! And I also received my Oriflame order today..he he..I think today is a day of receiving things!! :-P…Below are the pics:
From left to right:
First block: Oriflame Essentials Fairness Cream, Narcis Scented Hand & Nail Cream, Colourfull Lipstick Berry Kiss, Colour Attraction Lipstick – Tender Orchid, Swedish Spa Sea Algae Face Mist,
Second block(down): Swatches (with flash/without flash) – Berry Kiss, Tender orchid!
Third block(Top and down): Colourfull Lipstick Berry Kiss
Fourth block(Top and down): Colour Attraction Tender orchid lipstick
Also bought Oriflame Lip spa therapy:
So, that is it! I hope you enjoyed the post.
Have you done makeup and beauty shopping from amazon before?
- Online Makeup Shopping: Coastal Scents Brushes Haul
- Shopping Makeup Products on eBay
- NYX Cherry Culture Shopping Experience Review