WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
MAC 219 Brush vs Sigma E30 brush
MAC 219 Claims : For precision shading on lid, in eye crease or along lash line. The soft, smooth fibers of this brush are gathered into a pencil-shaped tip. It is ideal for blending eyeliner into eye shadow to create a smoky looking eye. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.
Price : Rs 1400
Sigma E30 Claims : Precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, and upper and lower lash line. Also ideal to smudge out pencil liner. Natural bristles.
Price : Rs 410 approx
Top : MAC 219, Bottom Sigma E30
The similarities and differences between the two brushes are :
- Both are pencil brushes.
- Both are made up of natural bristles.
- Both don’t shed the bristles.
- Sigma’s brush handle is longer than MAC’s
- MAC ferrule is longer than Sigma’s.
- Sigma E30’s bristles are fluffier than MAC 219’s. MAC brush bristles are more closely packed and are stiff. Nonetheless both have quite soft bristles.
- Even though both are similar brushes both of these don’t work the same way. MAC 219 brush is by far a better brush for smudging the eye liner. The bristles are densely packed, it is stiff so when you smudge the eyeliner, the eyeliner does not go all over the place. The bristles of MAC 219 don’t bend so it gives a very precise application when it comes to smudging the liner. While the Sigma E30 being a fluffier brush so when you try to smudge the liner with it a lot of times you end up getting eyeliner all over the place and then it gets difficult to neat (ify) the application. So whether it is about smudging the liner on top lash line or bottom lash line or waterline, 219 wins all the way.
- Sometimes when you apply eyeshadow on lower lash liner with 219 brush, you end up getting a thick harsh line so at times you have to pick up a fluffier brush to blend it and give a softer look. MAC 219 is quite a dense brush so picks up a lot of color in one go. You sort of have to get used to how it works. The same eyeshadow application on lower lash line goes much softer and easier with Sigma brush. It is fluffy, it picks up lesser color so it starts giving that soft smokey look from the very beginning itself.
- I personally feel that MAC 219 brush works better for applying eyeshadow in the inner corner of the eye than Sigma E 30. Having said that, you can totally use Sigma E 30 brush for inner corner application. You just have to get used to how it works.
- Sigma brush is great for applying color in the crease, fading the outer “V”. It’s like your mini blending brush.
- Sigma brush is much cheaper than the MAC one.
You Can buy Sigma Brushes from the Sigma Website
Also Read :
7 Must Have Sigma Makeup Brushes
Sigma Sigmax Brushes
Make Me Crazy Purple
Professional Brushes : Face Brushes
Professional Brushes Review
My Second Purchase from Ebay: Kabuki
How to Shop Makeup Products on eBay
Online Shopping: How to Secure Your Credit Card
A Guide To Online Shopping
Fashion and You Website Review
Shopping: Top 5 Online Makeup Shops
Cosmetic Shopping Experience on Amazon
My First Online Cosmetic Shopping Experience and a Surprise Picture
Online Makeup Shopping: Coastal Scents Brushes Haul