WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Do you read Archies? Well all of us who have must be familiar with the word ‘freckles’. Though they do not look bad on Archie’s face, yet I am sure no one in their real life would like to have them on their faces.
Freckles are small dark spots that are caused due to heavy deposit of melanin at one spot. Freckles generally occur near the cheekbones, nose and forehead. Though they could be present all over the body, typically they are found in areas exposed to sun.
Some tips to cure freckles at home:
• Mix together the equal quantities of parsley juice, orange juice and lemon juice. Apply it on face and let it stay for an hour or two.
• Apply lemon juice on the affected areas. Lemon juice is very beneficial for freckles as it can bleach the dark spots on skin.
• Apply sour cream on your face. Gently massage your face with it and then wipe off with soft tissue paper.
• Use odorless castor oil or Vitamin E to treat freckles. Apply any one of them on the affected area and leave overnight.
• Grind together the equal quantities of turmeric and sesame seeds. Add some water and make a paste. Apply it on face and let it stay for few minutes. Wash your face with normal water.
• Apply buttermilk on freckles with the help of cotton ball. Wash your face after some time with normal water.
• Slice a red onion in half and rub on the spots twice daily. Continue until the spots fade.
• Mix one spoon of honey with one spoon of wheat germ. Apply it on your skin. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with water. This is one of the most effective home remedies for freckles.
• Include vitamin C rich food like oranges, broccoli, cabbages etc. in your diet.
• Regular use of fruit and vegetable masks will help lighten freckles.
• Avoid being hit by direct sunlight. Always apply a sunscreen lotion before you step out of the house.
Cosmetic treatments for freckles:
1. Chemical Peel: As the name suggest this procedure requires a chemical solution to remove the upper layer of the skin through gentle exfoliation which in turn improve the texture of the skin. Peels can lighten the freckles gradually. Trichloroacetic acid peels can penetrate deeper into the middle layer of the skin, which makes them very effective in treating freckles, age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration and sun damage on the skin. The outer skin cells have melanin in them. Alpha Hydroxy Acids help the dead skin cells to shed rapidly usually makes freckles lighter and less noticeable.
2. Laser Resurfacing: In this treatment the freckles are burned off with laser. The damaged skin is removed layer by layer using a carbondioxide laser resulting in lesser problems with hypopigmentation i.e. lightening of the skin. It is also called as laser peel or laser vaporization. You may notice some redness and peeling after the treatment. Recovery time is one week. Once done the results can last up to five years.
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Fab India Vitamin E De Pigmentation Cream Review
Homemade Facial Peel for Skin
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
How to Reduce Facial Wrinkles
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Facial Hair Home Removal Tips
The Body Shop Launches Moisture White COLLECTION