WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Almost every person has had some kind of acne trauma at some point in their lives. Whether it’s teenage acne or adult acne, it affects the self esteem. Remember when you thought you would never get a date for the school dance because your skin looked like the surface of the moon?
There’s no need to panic, we have doctors who charge goodly sums of money to solve your problems. But the first step to cure your acne is to understand what kind of acne you have and how you got it.
Causes of acne could vary from a hormonal problem to an infection or irritation of the skin. Some blemishes even occur due to in growth of hair follicles. The most common types of acne are blackheads, whiteheads, papules, postules and cysts.
Blackheads are pores that have been partially blocked in which the dirt and bacteria have been allowed to rise to the surface. The black color is not due to the dirt but because of the melanin reacting with the oxygen in the air. A good steam can normally cure these brats.
Handy tips to cure blackheads
* Make a mixture of ground nut oil with equivalent quantity of lime juice and apply it on the acne. This prevents the formation and development of blackheads.
* Apply any toothpaste on the area where the blackheads have developed and let it dry. Wash it off after drying.
Whiteheads are the nigglier versions of blackheads as they occur when the pores are completely blocked and appear as tiny bumps on the skin with a whitish appearance. These normally heal faster than the open pored blackheads.
Handy tips to cure whiteheads
* Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with water and massage till it reaches within the skin and rinse off.
* Steaming also helps in removing whiteheads.
Papules are red bumps with no head. These are normally a little painful to the touch and if picked at, result in facial scarring. So keep those fingers away from these ones!
Handy tips to cure papules
* Usually, salicylic and glycolic peels are recommended for papules treatment, but I would strictly advice you to consult your doctors, rather than trying home remedies which could cause irritation and inflammation.
* Tea tree oil can also help in getting rid of papules.
Pustules are papules, which are filled with pus, giving them a white or yellow centre. These ones are most tempting to pop, because nobody likes their ugly appearance and no amount of concealer covers their ugly head. Be careful when you do this though, as they say pimples heal best on their own… but if you really must then make sure you pop it with a disinfected needle before squeezing the pus out. If blood or clear fluid comes out … step away from the mirror and keep your hands up!
Handy tips to cure pustules
* Drinking Ginger juice is used for treating pustules.
* Have aloe vera face masks for getting rid of pustules.
Cysts are a more severe form of acne and are formed as large hard bumps under the surface of the skin. These are normally painful and could take up to months to heal. Whatever you do, DO NOT SQUEEZE THEM, as this can cause greater infection and pain making it last longer, not to mention the severe skin trauma. In this case, your best bet would be to try and get an emergency appointment with a dermatologist who can administer the right medication to control the swelling and scarring.
Handy tips to cure cysts:
* Controlling your diet, i.e not having fried and junk food helps in avoiding cysts.
* Having vitamin C rich food also helps in getting rid of cysts.