Mostly everyone suffers from the acne problems in their teens. But more than the acne itself it is the scars that cause many problems. Scars can have a deep impact on an individual, low self esteem being the most prominent among others. Bad skin always breeds inferiority complex in an individual. I bet no one loves those tiny monsters peeping out of the skin. Acne haunts not only women but men as well. People resort to various techniques to get rid of acne scars, some succeed and some don’t.
You can easily see people picking or squeezing their pimples which does them no good, instead increases the risk of scarring. Based upon the types of scarring i.e. mild or severe various cosmetic treatments are available in the market today to get rid of acne scars.
Top Ways to Get Rid of Acne Scars
1. Chemical Peel: As the name suggest this procedure requires a chemical solution to remove the upper layer of the skin through gentle exfoliation which in turn improve the texture of the skin.
2. Dermabrasion: In dermabrasion the top layer of the skin is scrapped away using an electrically operated device. After the treatment the skin is smoother and more radiant. However this procedure is not effective for deep scars. It takes about 10 days to 3 weeks for the skin to heal entirely.
3. Laser Resurfacing: This is also an effective treatment for getting rid of facial scars. In this treatment the damaged skin is removed layer by layer using a carbondioxide laser resulting in lesser problems with hypopigmentation i.e. lightening of the skin. It is also called as laser peel or laser vaporization. Skin requires 10 days to 3 weeks to heal completely.
4. Dermal Fillers: In this treatment fillers are injected in the acne scars to make them even with the skin’s surface. Fillers include collagen, patients own body fat or hyaluronic acid. The results of this treatment are not permanent so repeated treatments will be required time and again.
5. Steroid Treatments: This treatment is used for raised scars. Steroids are injected directly into the scar tissue to flatten them. It is an immediate procedure and no recovery period is required.
Home remedies to treat acne scars:
Apart from the cosmetic treatments some natural home remedies can also be tried to get rid of acne and acne scars.
• Soak some methi (fenugreek) leaves in water for sometime. Make a paste and apply it on your face for 10-15 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
• Make a paste of tender neem leaves and turmeric. Apply it on the affected area for few minutes and then wash your face with normal water.
• Turmeric powder mixed with mint juice is also very effective remedy for acne. Let this mixture stay on your face for 10-15 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
• Apply grated potatoes to treat pimples, blackheads and acne.
• Rub fresh garlic on your pimple and leave it for some time. Smelly but an effective acne cure.
• Mix multani mitti powder with some garlic cloves, carrot juice and honey. Apply this mixture for 20 minutes on your acne. Wash your face with normal water.
• Mix baking soda with water and apply this paste on your acne for about 2-3 minutes. Wash your face well with normal water. This can be done twice daily.
Points to remember:
• Wash your face gently. Do not rub.
• Never squeeze pimples this habit only aggravates the problem.
• Eat a healthy diet and stay away from fried food.
• Drink lots of water.
Have you ever tried any of the above treatment or remedy to get rid of acne scars?
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure
Clean & Clear Acne Clearing Moisturizer Review
Proactiv Acne Solution Review
Keracnyl Foaming Gel for Acne Prone Skin Review
Pimple and Acne Creams that Didn’t Work
How I Got Rid of Acne
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Secret to My Pimple Free Skin
31 thoughts on “How to Get Rid of Acne Scars”
me likes the girl in the last pic :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :toothygrin:
Very useful for me right now.. Thanks Era :))
Nice remedies Era…thanx 🙂
and i really like the eye makeup of that girl in the last pic…very summery 🙂
just the tips i need… i got bad acne scars //…. 🙁 🙁 🙁
n :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: era 🙂
Ooo I like the make-up in the Last Pic. :woot: :woot: ..the quad for this colours is available in Avon.. 😉
but i will look-a-like :panda: after this kind of Eye-Makeup :fart: :fart:
hey Swati..can u tell me the name of the Avon quad…im interested in getting these colors…Thanx 🙂
O:) Shanaiia: you can check this on there website, right now its not working at my end.. Need to check now from My Catalogue.. will surely tell you by tomorrow as right now im in Office.. :nerd:
Thanks for these tips, I was looking to reduced the dreaded acne scars and your article….thanks a ton.
i m only thankfull to take that never had acne problem……………as i have dry skin i think so………….. :shy: :shy:
Great article Era..Very nice tips!! :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:
useful tips Era 🙂
just what I need… I have bad acne scars!
😉 Liked the tips………
cool……….. now amm gonaa rid of my acne scars :happydance: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
hello girls , i badly hv acne and acne scars too. Till now i dint at all took care of my skin but a zoomed pic of my cheek made me nearly faint. Yes, it was that bad i dont know why i couldnt notice them in my mirror:( . Wish i could show u my pics but i dont know how . Currently i am using ponds pimple clear white face wash, himalaya natural glow fairness cream and diy vit c serum. What more products should i use . Please help me out