Mostly everyone suffers from the acne problems in their teens. But more than the acne itself it is the scars that cause many problems. Scars can have a deep impact on an individual, low self esteem being the most prominent among others.
Bad skin always breeds inferiority complex in an individual. I bet no one loves those tiny monsters peeping out of the skin. Acne haunts not only women but men as well. People resort to various techniques to get rid of this problem, some succeed and some don’t.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
You can easily see people picking or squeezing their pimples which does them no good, instead increases the risk of scarring. Based upon the types of scarring i.e. mild or severe various cosmetic treatments are available in the market today. These includes:
1. Chemical Peel: As the name suggest this procedure requires a chemical solution to remove the upper layer of the skin through gentle exfoliation which in turn improve the texture of the skin.
2. Dermabrasion: In dermabrasion the top layer of the skin is scrapped away using an electrically operated device. After the treatment the skin is smoother and more radiant. However this procedure is not effective for deep scars. It takes about 10 days to 3 weeks for the skin to heal entirely.
3. Laser Resurfacing: This is also an effective treatment for getting rid of facial scars. In this treatment the damaged skin is removed layer by layer using a carbondioxide laser resulting in lesser problems with hypopigmentation i.e. lightening of the skin. It is also called as laser peel or laser vaporization. Skin requires 10 days to 3 weeks to heal completely.
4. Dermal Fillers: In this treatment fillers are injected in the acne scars to make them even with the skin’s surface. Fillers include collagen, patients own body fat or hyaluronic acid. The results of this treatment are not permanent so repeated treatments will be required time and again.
5. Steroid Treatments: This treatment is used for raised scars. Steroids are injected directly into the scar tissue to flatten them. It is an immediate procedure and no recovery period is required.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Home remedies to treat acne scars:
Apart from the cosmetic treatments some natural home remedies can also be tried to get rid of acne and acne scars.
• Soak some methi (fenugreek) leaves in water for sometime. Make a paste and apply it on your face for 10-15 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
• Make a paste of tender neem leaves and turmeric. Apply it on the affected area for few minutes and then wash your face with normal water.
• Turmeric powder mixed with mint juice is also very effective remedy for acne. Let this mixture stay on your face for 10-15 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
• Apply grated potatoes to treat pimples, blackheads and acne.
• Rub fresh garlic on your pimple and leave it for some time. Smelly but an effective acne cure.
• Mix multani mitti powder with some garlic cloves, carrot juice and honey. Apply this mixture for 20 minutes on your acne. Wash your face with normal water.
• Mix baking soda with water and apply this paste on your acne for about 2-3 minutes. Wash your face well with normal water. This can be done twice daily.
Points to remember:
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Wash your face gently. Do not rub.
• Never squeeze pimples this habit only aggravates the problem.
• Eat a healthy diet and stay away from fried food.
• Drink lots of water.
Have you ever tried any of the above treatment or remedy to get rid of acne?
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure
Neutrogena Oil – Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cleanser Review
Clean & Clear Acne Clearing Moisturizer Review
Proactiv Acne Solution Review
Jovees Anti Acne Pimple Cream Review
Review: Lotus Acne Gel with Tea Tree Oil and Lotus haul
Keracnyl Foaming Gel for Acne Prone Skin Review
Pimple and Acne Creams that Didn’t Work
How I Got Rid of Acne
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Secret to My Pimple Free Skin
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India