Backed by the startling claims of quick and easy weight loss together with a heavy dose of celebrity endorsement, it is no wonder detox diets are in continuous public spotlight for many years now.
But regardless of the popularity of detox diets, nutrition experts say they are neither necessary nor scientifically proven to work.
What Is a Detox Diet?
Detoxification, or as popularly known as detox diets, are extreme weight loss diet plans that claim to flush toxic chemicals from the body and increase your metabolism which in turn help your body to function better so you can shed those extra pounds with ease.
Detox diets can vary from a simple plan of raw vegetables and unprocessed foods and the elimination of caffeine, alcohol and refined sugars to a much stricter diet bordering on starvation with only juices consumed.
Do Detox Diets Work?
The risks outweigh any benefits, making traditional detox diets both useless and potentially dangerous.
• When you dramatically reduce your calorie intake, you will lose weight. Most people don’t feel good on low-calorie, nutrient-poor diets. Potential side effects include low energy, low blood sugar, muscle aches, fatigue, feeling dizzy or lightheaded, and nausea.
• Any weight loss achieved is usually temporary and is more the result of a loss of water and glycogen.
So instead of a detox fast, opt for a healthy diet plan that you can stick with long-term and get permanent benefits for your body.
Mentioned below are few healthy foods that are loaded with natural cleansing properties. Include them in your next meal and get rid of that extra junk in a much healthy way.
• Lemon water when consumed every morning alkalize the body and help the body detox and burn fat.
• Green leafy vegetables boost chlorophyll levels in the digestive tract and help the body get rid of environmental toxins. Cabbage for instance has great liver cleansing properties.
• Artichokes are a major winner when it comes to naturally detoxing your body. It promote healthy liver and gallbladder function.
• Beets are also very effecting in getting rid of toxins from the body. Fiber in beets help increase the production of antioxidant enzymes in the liver, which help the liver and gallbladder eliminate toxic substances from the body.
• Ginger and Garlic are another two liver-loving foods. They get rid of free radicals in the body very effectively.
• Green Tea is high in catechins, a flavonoid, which speeds up liver activity and increases the production of detoxification enzymes.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
How to Get a Clear Skin Complexion
How to Care for Combination Skin
Blemishes– Causes & Skin Care
Skin Care for Oily Skin
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Daily Skin Care Regimen for Working Women
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure
Detoxification: Detoxify Your Body
Weight Loss WIth Fruit Diet
Toni & Guy Detox Shampoo
Anti- Aging and Fitness Diets