WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Diet for Acne
Acne is a nightmare for most of us, especially teenagers. Some people have a genetic advantage when it comes to clear skin. While others not so fortunate ones, try every product available in the market in search of the magic acne treatment, a product that will zap their acne within no time and will give them healthy glowing skin.
Diet for acne:
These diet tips will not zap your acne overnight, nor by consuming only these foods you will do any good to your skin and health. These are just pointers that may remind you the things you lack in your diet. A balanced diet is what you need for a healthy body and skin.
• Eat fruit and vegetables: It is a well known fact that fruits and vegetables are very essential for our body. Fruits and vegetables that have a bright red colour, like red peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, raspberries, are a rich source of antioxidants particularly an antioxidant called Lycopene. It protects our cells from free radical damages. Fruits and vegetables that have a bright orange or yellow colour, like oranges, carrots, sweet potatoes, and mangos, are high in vitamin C and Beta carotene. Green foods like kiwi, spinach, cabbage, broccoli and avocado, eliminate toxins from our body.
• Include fiber in your diet: Fiber in the form of cereal, grains, beans and lentils help to eliminate Body toxins. Accumulation of toxins is one of the main causes of acne and other skin problems.
• Water is your best friend: You must have heard or read it more than thousand times by now. Drink at least 8 glasses of water to hydrate and moisturize your skin. Water also helps to flush out toxins from our body.
• Eliminate foods containing chemical additives: Say no to canned, preserved or processed foods. Also, cut down on fried foods and processed fats if you want a healthy clear skin. Sugar, tea or coffee, white flower, microwaved food, hydrogenated fats and drugs such as alcohol or aspirin also trigger acne.
• Importance of Vitamin and Minerals: Dietary Supplements that contain vitamins and minerals are very effective in preventing the outbreak of pimples. Vitamin B Complex contains Biotin found in eggs, rice, oats and bananas and they help skin cells, the hair and nails to grow healthy.
• Do not forget Zinc: Zinc is a trace mineral that controls the oil glands. It is known to help fight acne and stop acne scarring from occurring. Seafood, especially oysters, red meat, poultry, yogurt, milk and whole grains are rich in zinc.
• Avoid excess intake of salt: Intake of too much iodine may be linked to acne problem for some people. Excess iodine is secreted through the oil glands, irritating the pores and causing acne to flare up.
What do you do to keep your acne at bay?
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
How to Get a Clear Skin Complexion
How to Care for Combination Skin
Blemishes– Causes & Skin Care
Skin Care for Oily Skin
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Daily Skin Care Regimen for Working Women
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure