Today we will be making a simple face pack, out of liquorice powder and sandalwood that will help you achieve radiant and clear complexion. I love using masks every week or twice a week to combat dull skin. So I keep trying out new masks just to keep things interesting. I recently read a lot about how liquorice powder helps in achieving brighter skin and I immediately went to the Ayurvedic store and bought some. Do try this mask. Now let’s get started with the DIY!
1. Liquorice Powder/Mulethi/Yastimadhu
2. Sandalwood Powder/ Chandan
3. Rose Water
4. Lemon Juice
1. Combine the liquorice powder and sandalwood powder nicely with the help of a spoon.
2. Then add in some rose water. Mix it very well.
3. Depending on how thick or thin you want your pack to be, measure out some lemon juice and add it to the mixture.
4. Mix everything really well.
5. Your face and body pack is ready to be used!
1. Wash your face/body with lukewarm water.
2. Take small amount of the pack and start massaging your skin in upward and circular motions.
3. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes or until the pack is completely dried.
4. Wash it off with cold water.
5. Pat dry your skin and then follow this up with a serum (if you use one) and lotion.
1. You could use milk and honey too instead of rose water and lemon juice. Or you could add all the four liquids that I just mentioned.
2. Use the pack as soon as you make it for best results.
3. As always, do a patch test to make sure you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned in this DIY.
4. You could also add in 1-2 drops of essential oils of your choice to enhance the pack.
1. Being an excellent source of vitamin C, lemon can do wonders for your skin by treating blemishes, dark spots, acne, etc. Regular usage of lemon lightens the skin. It removes dead cells. Diminishes any scars. Lemon is a great toner. Lemon is usually known for cleansing our body, but it can be used on the face and body too. It’ll break down the dirt, makeup and other nasty stuff from your skin and give you a clean base. It also helps to fight acne and remove blackheads. Lemon also helps to improve the complexion of your skin and it reduces tan too.
2. Liquorice, is known for skin lightening properties. So use this face pack when you want to remove the tan from your face immediately and naturally. It also helps to calm your skin down after a long and tiring day. It will help moisturise your skin and also hydrate it. It also acts as a natural sunscreen and will protect your skin from sun damage. Since it is also loaded with antioxidants, it will also protect your skin from reacting to free radicals. It will help fade away spots and blemishes with regular usage. Since it is cool in nature, it will help with irritation and inflammation on your skin. Also, it helps with skin disorders too.
3. Sandalwood helps in relieving pimples, acne or rashes. It even helps lighten blemishes and spots on your skin. It absorbs excessive oil from your face hence giving you a matte look. Sandalwood also contains anti-aging properties. It also helps to tighten your skin. Sandalwood oil helps to treat dry skin and adds moisture to your skin. If you have oily skin, sandalwood powder soaks up excessive oil and sebum from your skin. It also helps in treating dark circles under your eyes if you make a paste of sandalwood powder along with milk or rose water. It also helps soothes sun burns and fades tan if you use regularly. Sandalwood also helps in achieving super soft skin. Brides are made to use sandalwood face packs before their marriage for glowing, radiant and clear skin.
DIY Liquorice Face Toner for Beautiful Skin
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner
Homemade Facial for Crystal Glowing Skin
Homemade Herbal Tonic For Healthy and Beautiful Skin
Easiest Homemade Facial Toner for Summers
DIY Brightening Rose and Kaolin Clay Face and Body Pack
DIY – Homemade Facial Toner for Beautiful Skin