By Parinita Mahindrakar
I hope you all are doing well and good. Today, I shall show you how make peeling mask at home and get visible results with just one go to attain glowing skin overnight! Yes, it is possible, my ladies! Sure there are literally n number of peeling masks available in the market, but unfortunately they are also loaded with in-essential chemicals. So, here is your recipe for glowing skin!
• Mayonnaise – 2 teaspoons
• Egg white of 1 egg
• Unflavored gelatin – 3 teaspoons
• Juice extracted from half a lemon
• Turmeric powder – about half teaspoon
Steps to Make Peel Off Mask:
1. First, add gelatin to water and then add turmeric to this. And mix well until the gelatin and turmeric are completely dissolved in the water. Now, keep it aside for some time and let it become a thick gel like substance.
2. Take the egg white, add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Whip these additives together until you don’t find any lumps present in the egg.
Also, could anybody tell me the art involved in separating the white from the yolk? I fail, always!
3. Now, mix the gelatin gel mixture to the mayonnaise mush.
4. Beat, Beat and beat until the gelatin has evenly been blended with the Mayonnaise mush.
Your peeling mask is all ready to be used.
Steps to Apply Peel Off Mask:
1. Take the mixture and apply evenly, covering your face and neck.
2. Keep the pack on for about half an hour.
And ladies, NO TALKING OR ANY KIND OF FACIAL MOVEMENTS when this pack is getting dried up since it might provoke the fine lines as the paste applied is thick (I know it is difficult not to talk, but sure is worth!).
3. When dried completely, remove the pack starting from your forehead towards the center of your face.
4. Wash your face to get rid of the residue.
5. Now, rub the ice cubes all over your face and neck in circular motions. You can use two of the ice cubes to cover your entire face.
Benefits of Peel Off Mask:
Peeling mask delivers powerful detoxifying, cleansing and brightening results. Peel off mask removes the outermost layer of your skin producing smoother skin and aids skin pigmentation. Such masks also help in cleaning out the pores.
Benefits of Additives in Peel Off Mask:
Well, this peeling mask, unlike so any other, has the goodness of mayonnaise. Using mayonnaise in the peeling mask, works impeccably well in softening your skin. Even if you have oily skin and are acne prone, you don’t have to worry about excess oil being consumed by the skin since it is a peeling mask, as your skin will consume just the right amount of nutrients.
Egg white and Gelatin
Egg white, which is abundant in protein, helps in tighten the pore and lifting the skin. Whereas, gelatin successfully manages to remove blackheads, whiteheads and unwanted facial hair from your face. Any oils, dirt, dead skin present are pulled out in this peeling mask.
Lemon and Turmeric Powder
Lemon and turmeric in peeling mask, whiten and brighten the skin. Since they are thoroughly mixed with mayo, they get easily absorbed by the skin leaving your skin smooth and cleansed.
Cocoa Ice Cubes
• 1 bowl milk
• Cocoa powder – 4 teaspoons
• Fresh cream – 1 teaspoon
• Honey – 3 teaspoons
• Ice tray
Steps to Make Cocoa Ice Cubes:
1. Take milk, add cocoa powder and honey.
2. Mix them well with a spoon. I suggest you to use a whisker for better results as you don’t want knotted chunks of cocoa powder in your ice cubes.
3. Fill the tray with the mixture. Keep in the deep freezer for about two hours depending on the concentration of your refrigerator.
Benefits of Cocoa Ice Cubes:
Since your skin has gone through the ‘Peel-off’ process, it needs relaxation and soothing relief later. Ice cubes help to achieve radiant skin. Application of ice cubes reduces the effects of sunburn.
Benefits of Additives used in Cocoa Ice Cubes:
Milk and Cream
Milk is a natural whitener, helps lightening and brightening the skin. Whereas, fresh cream manages to moisturize and softening the skin. These fights wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles.
Cocoa powder is an antioxidant, which means it helps in reducing blemishes and also, it improves skin texture. And, according to a study I read in newspaper, cocoa powder helps to protect the skin from UV rays that cause cancer.
Honey, which is the result of worker bee searching for right flower for nectar, is antimicrobial. It helps keeping the skin well hydrated and supple. Also, it clears out acne and facilitates the skin’s capacity to rejuvenate. Oh, Boy! What a delicious rescue in this screeching heat!
It is advisable to use this regimen at night as you must not step outside in the sun after this process. I noticed that my facial hair from cheeks and chin were removed after this peeling mask. I am blessed to have no blackheads or whiteheads. And, this is great way to get rid of facial hair. I appeared to be fairer, moisturized, soft and supple. Well, after rubbing cocoa ice cubes on my face, my face was glowing the next day! I’ve had wonderful effects after following this treatment. I hope you do too!
PS : I also mix the remaining cocoa ice cubes in milk and consume it. They are so yummy to resist! 😉
Salud! Here’s to happy skin days!
Orange Peel-Off Mask: Do It Yourself
Egg White and Orange Peel Powder Face Mask For Winter: DIY
Mild Beta Hydroxy Peel/Mask at Home: DIY
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Body Lotion
Vaseline Cocoa Butter Jelly
Herbal Ice Cubes For Pimple Prone Skin: Do It Yourself
Homemade Green Tea Ice Facial with Essential Oils and Toner
VLCC Natural Sciences Insta Fair and Glow Clear Skin Face Wash
Maybelline Clear Glow All In One Fairness Compact Powder
Top 8 Tips For Clear Skin