WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Weight Loss Breakfast Recipes
I am very bad at following diets. Though I followed Priyanka’s diet (and it worked.. 🙂 ), I get bored very easily. I have very little self resolve when it comes to food. Though I don’t eat a lot, I always eat what I want. This sometimes creates a problem, as I have a great tendency to put on weight.
So today I am just gonna share with you some breakfast recipes, that are filling, tasty and yet will help you in weight loss and maintenance.
1. Oatmeal Porridge:
- 1 cup of Quaker Oats or any quick cooking or simple Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup of skim milk
- Dash of Cinnamon/cardamom/nutmeg
- 1 tbsp honey or jaggery
Calories: Around 250 depending on amount of honey/jaggery
- Take oats and skim milk in a pot.
- Add the condiments and honey/jaggery.
- Let it simmer till oats are done.
- Add chopped fruits and nuts.
Enjoy hot, healthy and extremely filling breakfast!!
- Oats will provide you with lots of fibre which fills you up and helps in reducing bloating and also cholesterol to some extent.
- Honey and jaggery are good sweeteners as they have the goodness of vitamins in them.
- Refined white sugar is a complete no-no.
2. Fruit Smoothie:
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 banana
- 5 strawberries
- handful of raspberries
- handful of blueberries
- 1 sliced apricot (Fresh)
- 1 sliced peach
- 1 sliced orange
- 2 teaspoons of honey
You can use any fruits that are available in the season and at hand.
Calories: Around 250 depending on the fruits used.
Banana and pineapple are the fruits with maximum sugar content.
- Mix in blender.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
All the vitamins, minerals and goodness of fruits without excess calories.
Fruit smoothie retains fiber which is lost in Fruit juices. So a better and healthier option.
3. Spicy and tangy Scrambled Eggs/Tofu:
- 2 Egg whites (Vegetarians can replace eggs with 100g/1 cup crumbled tofu or low fat paneer)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3-4 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste (Best avoided)
- Chopped veggies (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (Any cooking oil will do)
Calories without toast– Around 250.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the oil. Add the veggies if using.
- Add the egg whites/tofu/paneer.
- Mix well.
- Add the ketchup and soy sauce with pepper and salt.
- Serve hot with a Whole grain toast.
You get a really filling breakfast. Add another toast and you can make a brunch out of it.
Tangy and tasty without using excess oil and salt.
4. Paneer Ka Chilla
For the batter:
- 1 cup gram flour (Besan)
- 1 tsp each red chill powder, dry coriander and turmeric powders
- Salt, to taste
- Water to make a batter (Dosa batter consistency)
For the filling :
- 1/2 cup grated paneer
- Chopped coriander
- 1 Green chilly, finely chopped
Calories: Around 150 for each Poori-sized chilla
- To prepare the chillas (or pancakes), heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Pour a ladle of batter and roll it around to spread it evenly. Cook on reduced heat.
- When almost done, spread a tablespoon of the paneer filling on the pancake.
- Turn it over and cook on the other side till done.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Gram flour has fiber and most importantly proteins that are not present in atta or maida.
- So with this, you are not piling on carbs but still eating a filling and nutritious breakfast. (And quite tasty too..)
5. Methi Thepla with low fat yoghurt:
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Haldi (turmeric)
- 1/2 bunch Methi Leaves (Finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds powder
- Salt to taste
- Water to make dough
Calories: Around 125 per thepla with half a cup yoghurt.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl including the methi leaves. Knead it. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Then make even size small balls of the dough. Roll them separately with a rolling pin into a round shape.
- Heat the tawa and roast each of the rolled out theplas one by one.
- When evenly roasted from both sides, remove it from tawa.
- Use a non-stick pan to avoid using oil. Use a little amount if needed.
- Serve them hot with low fat yoghurt.
- Easy to make, no oil required.
- There is something mentally satisfying about eating roti-like dishes.
- Methi leaves are rich in Iron and vitamins.
- Yogurt gives you rich dose of calcium. Yogurt is much easier to digest than milk and hence less fattening.
All the above recipes can be made really interesting and tasty by adding a generous sprinkling of Chaat Masala. Chaat masala is the best friend of any dieter!!! It has helped me immensely whenever I went on any diet.
Try the above recipes. All of them are meant to be healthier replacements to fattening breakfast options.
Strict breakfast no-nos include:
- Sugary, chocolatey cereals
- White bread slathered with butter
- Cheesey, buttery omelettes
- Pooris and paranthas
- Anything that includes maida/refined flour as ingredient
Hope you find this useful!!!
Lots of love