ELF Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
The lightweight and hydrating formula is breathable and provides anti-aging sun protection with UVA/UVB SPF 20. Achieve even skin tone and naturally radiant skin with this moisturizing tint of color.
Price: $3 for 25ml 🙂
• Benzophenone-3 60%
• Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 8%
• Titanium Dioxide 5%
All the above are for the sunscreen property.
It comes in a black matte tube with a small see-through section near the nozzle. Nozzle is small enough to dispense controlled amount of product at a time. I take a ½ pea-sized product and dot on my forehead, nose and chin. Then, I spread it to rest of the facial area. I have tried applying this with my hands and also with Sigma F80 brush, but I liked the effect it gives when applied with hands.
I have randomly chosen the shade “Beige” from the website swatch. Though on the package it says that it is “for light to medium skin tones with yellow undertones,” it worked pretty well on my NC 40/42 skin tone. That’s the advantage with the tinted moisturizers, as they kind of sets to our skin tone.
After applying this, I use some setting powder only for the t-zone and I’m done with my base makeup.
1. Gives a fresh look to the face and it continues to look fresh for 3-4 hours.
2. Claims to contain Aloe, cucumber and Vitamin A, C and E
3. Provides sun protection up to SPF 20. For me it’s fine, as I don’t spend much time outdoors. But might not be enough, if you are spending more time outdoors in sunlight.
4. Its very cheap.
1. If you have a dry/very dry skin, you cannot skip moisturizer. The sole purpose of tinted moisturizer is ruled out for dry-skinned beauties. Sometimes for my combinational/dry skin, I use moisturizer on my face avoiding t-zone.
2. If I use moisturizer on t-zone or if I don’t set it with powder, my nose tends to get very shiny within few hours. After which I had to use a oil-blotting sheet to remove excess oil, may not suit very oily-skinned people.
3. Will work only for fairly clear skin. (This is true with most tinted moisturizer). If you have more imperfections on your skin, then this is not for you.
4. Contains mineral oils and parabens as inactive ingredients.
5. Not easily available in India :huh:
This is a decent product from ELF studio line. I guess it will work even better for normal-skinned beauties. For the price, I can’t complain much.
See you soon,
ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer
ELF Studio Lip Primer and Plumper
ELF Eye Widener
Elf Facial Shimmer Whip
Ponds Age Miracle Anti Ageing Tinted Moisturizer
Biotique Bio Redwood Tinted Moisturizer
Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 15
Best Tinted Moisturizer for Humid Weather