WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Biotique Bio Redwood Tinted Moisturizer- Review
I have the driest skin anybody could have. I mean I apply moisturizer at least 4-5 a day. So I have to face dry patches, tightness, pulling of my skin and what not when I apply makeup. So I used to avoid wearing makeup everyday.
But, then I came across Biotique’s Natural Tinted Moisturizer. This beauty made my life so much simpler.
The Biotique’s Natural Tinted Moisturizer has all natural ingredients. It is available in three varieties, namely- Peach, Rose and Olive. The SA at the store was very unsure about the shades. But, I guessed by the names that Rose was for light skin tones, Peach for medium and Olive for darker tones. But I still went ahead and bought the Rose one. (I hate olives and their smell; they didn’t have Peach at that time.)
I was a bit skeptical because of the shades, but it had all natural ingredients and SPF 30 with UVA and UVB protection!!! So I bought it. It was priced at Rs. 299/- for 55g. So it was pretty good pricing.
All the three varieties have the following ingredients in common. I checked out their Ayurvedic uses for you.-
- Raktachandan- Cooling and soothing
- Arjuna Bark- Astringent, effective against Acne
- Ashwagandha- Revitalizer, evens out skin tone
- Nag keshar- Antiseptic activity, also brightens skin tone
- Madhu (Honey)- Softens and hydrates skin
- Cream base
The additional ingredients in each variety are-
Rose- Gulab pushp: Toner, skin brightener
Peach- Adu: Natural skin softener
Olive- Jaitun: Skin softener, prevents ageing
The product has a consistency which I would place in between a cold cream and soufflé.
How to use Biotique Bioredwood Tinted Moisturizer- (Pack information)
- Apply to cleansed skin every morning, before sun exposure. Dot forehead, nose, chin and cheeks, then blend well. Perfect to use in place of foundation.
- It is not a cosmetic product. It has therapeutic properties.
I use fingertips or sponge to apply this. But the sponge absorbs this hungrily. So fingertips it is!!
Here’s why I love Biotique’s Tinted Moisturizer-
- It has a mild rose fragrance which I absolutely adore.
- It gets absorbed into the skin readily. Hence, does not look whitish or cakey. Adding some loose or compact powder on top sets it perfectly.
- As it is absorbed into the skin like a moisturizer, I don’t think it will matter what shade you choose. I mean I am pretty dark skinned, but the Rose variant looks absolutely natural on me.
- It is a very good moisturizer. I don’t feel any dryness or pulling.
- It is very cooling and soothing on the skin.
- It does not give a very heavy coverage. But evens out the skin tone and hides patchy complexion.
- My skin has this lovely dewy glow on application. I prefer this whenever I want the dewy look.
- NO BREAKOUTS… YAY!!! 😀
- Holds blush, eye shadows, powders and bronzers well.
- It is really value for money. The jar should last me at least a year; after which I’ll try the Peach one. The shelf life is 3 years.
- I tried to layer my Dream matte mousse and Maxfactor Natural Mineral Foundation on this. They all go very well together. I mix and match these three to achieve different finishes and coverage.
- I don’t apply any sunscreen on my face if I am wearing this. And I have never tanned or sunburnt wearing this. 🙂
And here’s why I will deduct points for Biotique Bioredwood Tinted Moisturizer-
- No testers!!! How does a person choose if you have no testers? I chose Rose simply because I like its fragrance!!! 😮
- It comes in that routine green jar of Biotique. It is fine when it’s new. But as the product starts depleting I’ll have to scoop it out with a spoon.
- I would have loved it to be packaged in a wide mouthed but short tub. Or a tube or a pump…. Anything but that dratted jar… 🙁
- If the three variants are really for different skin tones, they should put it on the jar.
- Also, below the screw-cap there is this white lid which is always smeared with the product. So I slipped a plastic cover from my old compact in between. 😉
- Apart from the messy packaging, I really don’t have any problem with it. 🙂
- If you use a large amount, it doesn’t get absorbed and your skin will look oily and shiny.
- I have no idea how this product will behave on an oily skin, as it is a pretty heavy moisturizer. Should work well on combination skin. Though the jar says- “For all skin types”.
All in all, I totally love this product. It keeps my skin moisturized, gives me a nice glow, evens out my skin tone and has SPF 30(!!!). I would have given it 5 stars happily if only it had better packaging.
My rating for Biotique Bioredwood Tinted Moisturizer-
I cannot wait to buy the Peach variant, but I am controlling myself. As soon as this gets over, I am going for the Peach.
Has anybody with oily skin tried this??
So, until next time…